Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think this is explained elsewhere in the topic, but Founders and Heirloom are not in the same category since it clearly and explicitly states two conditions:

1. Real money purchase only
  2. End of date sale that explicitly bars these from coming ever back.

I would stay that the first Heirloom Pack of Frost and Mag will be in that category, the 1st point was definitely true since there was no way to buy it for plat and the second part had also an end of date sale.

"Q: How long are these Heirloom Collections available?
A: This set of Heirloom Collections will be available until December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Q: Will these Heirloom Collections return after 2023?
A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!"

also the Ember Heirloom News says

"*Unlike last year’s Heirloom Collections, Ember Heirloom will be available permanently in-game."

On 2024-05-31 at 9:40 PM, Binket_ said:

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN.
HEIRLOOM 2: HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF EDITION.

No Mag, no Frost-- but don't worry guys! "Ember will save the day!"
Welp, only reinforcing my "Don't buy anything from Warframe" verdict.
I don't care how many coupons you give, I'm not buying your Platinum.

I'm ESPECIALLY not paying an insane sum of cash for an overly-hyped Deluxe skin.
That's what I have Tennogen for, which is a practice I can get behind.

Welp, time to sift through the trodden debris once it crash lands into the game.
Looking... "forward" to it, truuuuuly...

It will also be available for ingame purchase.

the only difference between the real world currency and platinum one is that the real world one has 425 plat added to it.

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Like 4

On 2024-06-01 at 7:26 PM, xMarvin732 said:

if they can bring them back, they should also bring out Excalibur Lato and Skana Prime.

Do it. I never really cared about the exclusivity of the pack.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, r00ster said:

Do it. I never really cared about the exclusivity of the pack.

Yeah same with the heirloom collection, i got it and i would like for it to be also available again even though a little bit of me says no its exclusive.

Since ember gets heirloom and other warframes will follow, it sucks to have two of them not being available anymore, it would be one thing to never do more heirloom skins after these two but continuing it feels like you never can complete a collection.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Yeah same with the heirloom collection, i got it and i would like for it to be also available again even though a little bit of me says no its exclusive.

Since ember gets heirloom and other warframes will follow, it sucks to have two of them not being available anymore, it would be one thing to never do more heirloom skins after these two but continuing it feels like you never can complete a collection.

Personally, I didn't find the skins appealing (regular deluxe are much more attractive). The only thing I was interested in, were the halo thingies but I'm not gonna pay the price of a full game for two small cosmetics. Even my completionist mindset wasn't enough to get it, not to mention how DE handled it. Greed is not good.

• Like 3

Why not bring Frost and Mag back and give players who purchased them plat to make up the difference? You give out plat every dev stream so shouldn't be an issue. Doesn't make sense why you would close off one of your revenue streams...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Zod15god said:

Why not bring Frost and Mag back and give players who purchased them plat to make up the difference? You give out plat every dev stream so shouldn't be an issue. Doesn't make sense why you would close off one of your revenue streams...

I actually had to live on noodles for a month after I bought those so it was not a great time over here, there's no way I'd feel properly okay with them bringing it back and giving me just a handful of platinum when they advertised it as exclusive cosmetics. The exclusivity is the only reason I got it. I've already said my piece about it. It's Fomo for me. I feel like the founder's pack exclusivity has set a precedent where players are more incentivised to fear missing out on exclusive content. The only way a free platinum injection would be enough to justify them bringing it back would be if they translated the cost of it into the 90 euro worth with 70% discount attached which would be in the 10k plat region, subtracting by whatever plat price they put on the bundles which I assume would be in the 1200-1600 region. That would make me feel okay with spending 90 euro on it. 44

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vixenpixel said:

I actually had to live on noodles for a month after I bought those so it was not a great time over here, there's no way I'd feel properly okay with them bringing it back and giving me just a handful of platinum when they advertised it as exclusive cosmetics. The exclusivity is the only reason I got it. I've already said my piece about it. It's Fomo for me. I feel like the founder's pack exclusivity has set a precedent where players are more incentivised to fear missing out on exclusive content.

Isn't this something you should be taking up with DE, not taking out on your fellow players? The people who missed out aren't the ones using fear of missing out to incentivize purchasing exclusive content nor the ones whose marketing tactics put you in a situation where you had to live off noodles for a month.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Isn't this something you should be taking up with DE, not taking out on your fellow players? The people who missed out aren't the ones using fear of missing out to incentivize purchasing exclusive content nor the ones whose marketing tactics put you in a situation where you had to live off noodles for a month.

I don't think the OP is taking it out on the players. Their view is completely understandable. This is 100% the company's fault. You could blame people for being weak-willed and falling for such a practice, which is fair but the company did it exactly to prey on that kind of behaviour (funny how the companies like to parade themselves as virtuous and whatnot, yet they do something like this). This is not how you thank your player base for supporting you. Pure greed, plain and simple.

• Like 3

On 2024-06-11 at 1:15 PM, vixenpixel said:

I actually had to live on noodles for a month after I bought those so it was not a great time over here, there's no way I'd feel properly okay with them bringing it back and giving me just a handful of platinum when they advertised it as exclusive cosmetics. The exclusivity is the only reason I got it. I've already said my piece about it. It's Fomo for me. I feel like the founder's pack exclusivity has set a precedent where players are more incentivised to fear missing out on exclusive content. The only way a free platinum injection would be enough to justify them bringing it back would be if they translated the cost of it into the 90 euro worth with 70% discount attached which would be in the 10k plat region, subtracting by whatever plat price they put on the bundles which I assume would be in the 1200-1600 region. That would make me feel okay with spending 90 euro on it. 44

I'm stuggling not to make fun of you. I sincerely hope this is sarcastic and it just doesn't read as so.

On 2024-06-05 at 5:44 PM, xMarvin732 said:

A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!"

If DE's wording of the "Collections" being time limited was consistent, it could be used as a loophole. Eg here's the Skins and Signas as new distinct Bundles without the other stuff of the previous Collections (Emote, Accolade, Sigil, Glyph, Color Palette). It could work but some would most likely still get annoyed by it.

However, here's some Quotes from DE's promotional material.

From the Heirloom Collections YouTube Trailer:

Instantly add two exclusive new Warframe Skins, the Ten Year Accolade and more — including an all-new Customization category, the halo-like Signa — to your Arsenal. But move quickly: these Items won’t be around for long. Each Heirloom Collection is only available for a limited time and once they’re gone, they’re gone forever.

From https://web.archive.org/web/20231223212358/https://www.warframe.com/heirloom:

(the rendering of the site is broken, you'll have to go in inspect mode and find the quotes in the HTML code)

Unlike the Warframes they venerate, these items won't remain for long, so move quickly Tenno! Each Heirloom Collection is only available until December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Q: How long are these Heirloom Collections available?

A: This set of Heirloom Collections will be available until December 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Q: Will these Heirloom Collections return after 2023?

A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!

Q: Can I buy the items separately?

A: No, the items contained in Heirloom Collections can only be purchased as a bundle and will not be available individually.

With the last two Quotes stating "exclusive new Customizations" and "the items (...) will not available individually" I see no way for DE to bring these Skins back without it causing some issue, no matter how much I want them to; unless they run a survey on everyone who bought them and they all reply "yes, I'd be fine with the skins returning", which isn't going to happen.

13 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

I see no way for DE to bring these Skins back without it causing some issue, no matter how much I want them to; unless they run a survey on everyone who bought them and they all reply "yes, I'd be fine with the skins returning", which isn't going to happen.

Or make a return-refund offer to everyone who bought them.   

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Or make a return-refund offer to everyone who bought them.   

That might work in the legal world, I wouldn't know, but it won't work when it comes to keeping everyone who bought these bundles happy.

Those who didn't get them will be happy, those who got them and don't care about the exclusivity will be indifferent, but those who got them and care about the exclusivity will be put in a lose-lose scenario; lose the skins or their exclusivity. Yes, they'd effectively come out net neutral, I'd even argue net positive since they'd have used the exclusive skins for a year or more, but to have something taken away from you never feels good. I'd expect significant negative reactions to come out of this and if I had to put myself in DE's shoes, I wouldn't want to piss off my paying customers like so.

Personally I'm of the opinion that removing the exclusivity would be a net benefit; more people would have access to them, which means more money for DE, which in turn reinforces the F2P nature of the game for everyone else. I certainly would buy them as I've pledged to do so. But I can't blame DE for just wanting to put this behind them and move on with the much improved new version of Heirlooms.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

That might work in the legal world, I wouldn't know . . .

Yeah, I don't know either.

56 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

. . .but it won't work when it comes to keeping everyone who bought these bundles happy.  Those who didn't get them will be happy, those who got them and don't care about the exclusivity will be indifferent, but those who got them and care about the exclusivity will be put in a lose-lose scenario; lose the skins or their exclusivity. Yes, they'd effectively come out net neutral, I'd even argue net positive since they'd have used the exclusive skins for a year or more, but to have something taken away from you never feels good.

You're right of course.  DE could even sweeten the deal with a bit of virtual swag or plat as a token, but even then there would be dissatisfied people.

And DE has ethical responsibilities to those buyers.  Past a certain point though, I feel those responsibilities don't include making sure every need of every buyer is met.

1 hour ago, Petroklos said:

But I can't blame DE for just wanting to put this behind them and move on with the much improved new version of Heirlooms.

It is the simplest route, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Petroklos said:

I'm stuggling not to make fun of you. I sincerely hope this is sarcastic and it just doesn't read as so.

Yeah no joke. I can't even look at a noodle anymore.

On 2024-06-11 at 5:44 PM, PublikDomain said:

Yeah I've talked about it before. I wrote a big post about how the founder pack exclusivity lives in the heart of players and how that sets a precedent that makes future exclusive items more tantalising. It's quite possible you have me to thank for the heirloom optional platinum cost. :)