Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

On 2023-08-30 at 3:31 PM, PublikDomain said:

This is not an acceptable response. I do not want to, but I am cancelling my artbook order. I cannot support this kind of monetization and will vote with my wallet accordingly. You have learned nothing and all you have chosen to celebrate is short-term greed.

XjR1l4x.png

zTKi0Px.png

There are three core problems with these packs that you are not addressing:

The "10 year supporter" accolade being an exclusive part of the bundles is offensive.
I guess it doesn't matter to you that I bought $80 of Regal Aya and a $25 Tennocon ticket in 2021, and spent $140 for a Prime Access and $25 for another Tennocon ticket in 2022, and that I bought $80 more Regal Aya and yet another $25 Tennocon ticket earlier this year, and that bought a $180 artbook the second it was announced at Tennocon, nor does it matter to you that I've bought various Tennogen items and small amounts of plat here and there since 2013.

Selling this accolade says loud and clear that you don't think anyone is a real "10 year supporter" unless they cough up another $30-$90 to show it. Frankly it's disgusting, and you're supposed to be better than this.

Give the "10 year supporter" accolade to everyone who has supported you over these 10 years, whether it be by buying plat or merch or Prime Access or tickets to see you at Tennocon. We all lift together, right?

There is no reason for the Heirloom skins to be either cash-only exclusives or time limited exclusives.
There is nothing "heirloom" about the Heirloom skins besides the marketing surrounding them, they're just Deluxe skins same as any other. To illustrate this point, please identify the two skins that are different from the others:

SarynDeluxe.pngBeserkerDeluxe.pngGrendelNianSkin.pngFrostDeluxe.pngFrostHeirloomSkin.pngRhinoDeathwatchSkin.pngMagDeluxeSkin.pngMagHeirloomSkin.pngProteaCaladriusCollection.pngSentientVisionsDeluxeSkinCollection.pngExcaliburZatoSkin.pngHydroidRakkamSkin.pngNyxPasitheaSkin.pngPaladinDeluxe.pngNovaAsuriSkin.png

They're just Deluxe skins. And all Deluxe skins have (up until now) shared these two very important properties:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.
  2. They are never time limited exclusives.
    The very first two official Deluxe skins added in 2015 were time limited offerings, but after only a few months with the addition of Rhino Palatine you learned your lesson and made all Deluxe skins permanent market offerings, even the Proto Excalibur and Nyx Nemesis skins that predated them. They have all been this way since.

I do not understand how you can honestly say to us that "the Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary" when the only ones allowed to "celebrate" are the ones willing to give you new money for them. There is nothing to be celebrated when you're only interested in celebrating those that will fork over another $90.

Add these skins to the ingame market permanently for platinum. Now that you have added platinum to these supporter packs they are a genuinely good value that stand on their own, and there is no need or reason to continue relying on toxic, artificial exclusivity and fear of missing out.

These packs encourage the same toxic elitism and harassment felt from and because of the Founders program still to this day.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_$&*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

You can also find some posters here on the forums, though I won't name names, who have been engaging in negative behaviour speaking down to those that take issue with these packs.

There is not one single reason for the Heirloom skins to be cash-only FOMO exclusives, and they embody only the worst qualities of modern F2P monetization.

To turn your back on eight years of fair monetization and "F2P done right" just to make a quick buck is wrong.

It should be beneath you to resort to these sorts of tactics.

And, like, it's just bad press. Some of the top subreddit posts and news articles overshadowing an otherwise excellent Tennocon:

There was never a reason to have launched these collections the way they are. To leave them as is and not resolve these issues tells the community where your real priorities are.

god this has to be the best post here yet.

Name and shame them, let them know all eyes on them, and playing snooty rich kid won't save them.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

They're trying to sell a product to make money. Lots of businesses do this. This is no different. Sometimes you just need a little self control.

I'm confused in your thinking. Everyone gets it if they buy a pack.

It is completely different and the fact that you think it's not is literally the kind of person they're trying to get $100 out of for $5 skins.

You don't have to buy it, literally excusing it like this is EXACTLY what they want, you are a part of the problem more than you realize, and i'm sure you want to pat yourself on the back for thinking that pretending FOMO isn't a real phenomenon, that it would just go away.

Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

They're trying to sell a product to make money. Lots of businesses do this. This is no different. Sometimes you just need a little self control.

"if they buy a pack"

They shouldn't have to BUY a pack that is A GIFT TO THE COMMUNITY.

How whipped are you?

• Like 12

On 2023-08-30 at 3:31 PM, PublikDomain said:

This is not an acceptable response. I do not want to, but I am cancelling my artbook order. I cannot support this kind of monetization and will vote with my wallet accordingly. You have learned nothing and all you have chosen to celebrate is short-term greed.

XjR1l4x.png

zTKi0Px.png

There are three core problems with these packs that you are not addressing:

The "10 year supporter" accolade being an exclusive part of the bundles is offensive.
I guess it doesn't matter to you that I bought $80 of Regal Aya and a $25 Tennocon ticket in 2021, and spent $140 for a Prime Access and $25 for another Tennocon ticket in 2022, and that I bought $80 more Regal Aya and yet another $25 Tennocon ticket earlier this year, and that bought a $180 artbook the second it was announced at Tennocon, nor does it matter to you that I've bought various Tennogen items and small amounts of plat here and there since 2013.

Selling this accolade says loud and clear that you don't think anyone is a real "10 year supporter" unless they cough up another $30-$90 to show it. Frankly it's disgusting, and you're supposed to be better than this.

Give the "10 year supporter" accolade to everyone who has supported you over these 10 years, whether it be by buying plat or merch or Prime Access or tickets to see you at Tennocon. We all lift together, right?

There is no reason for the Heirloom skins to be either cash-only exclusives or time limited exclusives.
There is nothing "heirloom" about the Heirloom skins besides the marketing surrounding them, they're just Deluxe skins same as any other. To illustrate this point, please identify the two skins that are different from the others:

SarynDeluxe.pngBeserkerDeluxe.pngGrendelNianSkin.pngFrostDeluxe.pngFrostHeirloomSkin.pngRhinoDeathwatchSkin.pngMagDeluxeSkin.pngMagHeirloomSkin.pngProteaCaladriusCollection.pngSentientVisionsDeluxeSkinCollection.pngExcaliburZatoSkin.pngHydroidRakkamSkin.pngNyxPasitheaSkin.pngPaladinDeluxe.pngNovaAsuriSkin.png

They're just Deluxe skins. And all Deluxe skins have (up until now) shared these two very important properties:

1. They are always available on the ingame market for plat.
    Not one Deluxe skin has ever been a cash exclusive.
  2. They are never time limited exclusives.
    The very first two official Deluxe skins added in 2015 were time limited offerings, but after only a few months with the addition of Rhino Palatine you learned your lesson and made all Deluxe skins permanent market offerings, even the Proto Excalibur and Nyx Nemesis skins that predated them. They have all been this way since.

I do not understand how you can honestly say to us that "the Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary" when the only ones allowed to "celebrate" are the ones willing to give you new money for them. There is nothing to be celebrated when you're only interested in celebrating those that will fork over another $90.

Add these skins to the ingame market permanently for platinum. Now that you have added platinum to these supporter packs they are a genuinely good value that stand on their own, and there is no need or reason to continue relying on toxic, artificial exclusivity and fear of missing out.

These packs encourage the same toxic elitism and harassment felt from and because of the Founders program still to this day.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/164ms5l/dont_be_a_$&*^_to_people_who_bought_the_heirlooms/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/16394ip/it_has_come_to_my_attention_that_some_of_yall/

You can also find some posters here on the forums, though I won't name names, who have been engaging in negative behaviour speaking down to those that take issue with these packs.

There is not one single reason for the Heirloom skins to be cash-only FOMO exclusives, and they embody only the worst qualities of modern F2P monetization.

To turn your back on eight years of fair monetization and "F2P done right" just to make a quick buck is wrong.

It should be beneath you to resort to these sorts of tactics.

And, like, it's just bad press. Some of the top subreddit posts and news articles overshadowing an otherwise excellent Tennocon:

There was never a reason to have launched these collections the way they are. To leave them as is and not resolve these issues tells the community where your real priorities are.

Another one about this, i also bought tennocon in 2017 and 2018, nothing, not even the tennocon weapons.

It's never been about appreciation or fan reciprocation, it's about getting money out of you, and no matter how many brainless ancap weirdoes see a game company getting scummy as "just how things are" are ruining it for everyone else who has even a shred of will to stand up to something that would normally be so minuscule that DE would never have thought to be so egregiously disrespectful.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If you're going to sell a new Accolade (which is a title DE hasn't offered since The Founders Program or when they added it for Closed Beta Players), and this new title says "10 year supporter", you'd expect such a title to represent anyone who has financially supported Warframe in the last 10 years. That would be the respectful way to honor such a successful milestone. Instead, this "I am a 10 year supporter badge" is exclusive to a single bundle 10 years after open beta launched in 2013. Putting aside all the other troubles players have with this bundle, this is one of the more troubling from a community perception standpoint.

I bought the Zenith Heirloom Pack, and I mainly bought it for the Accolade. The reason I bought the highest tier was because of FOMO. The skins are nice, the cosmetics are exclusive, and I wanted to make sure I have them all before the bundle is permanently retired. I am bothered that my large investment in multiple TennoCons, Prime Accessories, Vault Packs and Accessories, Regal Aya, TennoGen, and Supporter Bundles don't matter if I want to make sure I do not miss this title. Given the precedence behind the rarity of available Accolades, we may not see another one for normal players to earn in the next 10 years.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

i'm sure you want to pat yourself on the back for thinking that pretending FOMO isn't a real phenomenon, that it would just go away

I'm not saying fomo isn't real, I'm saying with enough self control you can get over it.

3 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

It's never been about appreciation or fan reciprocation, it's about getting money out of you

I mean, they are a business after all. And they gave out a bunch of dex skins for free, in fact the whole game is free. That's pretty good.

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I'm not saying fomo isn't real, I'm saying with enough self control you can get over it.

I mean, they are a business after all. And they gave out a bunch of dex skins for free, in fact the whole game is free. That's pretty good.

That is literally subpar by every metric.

Just being free doesn't make it good, and those dex skins come once a year for a limited time, which is yet more fomo.

Your every point for this game is a point against it for most normal people who don't ADMIRE a business for knowingly attempting to manipulate their players, among whom they are WELL AWARE many are children.

I don't care if they are a business and i don't care what kind of ancap crack you're on, immorality applies to businesses too, if not moreso.
If this is DE's strongest supporter, then i can rest assured that they are squirming in shame right now.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I can give you free versions of the things you want, but you can't complain when it turns out they're aged, not useful, and in some cases just not a good option.

You can be given all the free stuff you like, but if being critical at a BASELINE level causes the system to crumble, no amount of "but business" will change the fact that it DESERVES to crumble.

• Like 2

Just now, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Just being free doesn't make it good, and those dex skins come once a year for a limited time, which is yet more fomo.

Strange, they come every year though and you have time to get them. All you have to do is log in. Can't see where that is a problem. 🤔

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The reason I bought the highest tier was because of FOMO. The skins are nice, the cosmetics are exclusive, and I wanted to make sure I have them all before the bundle is permanently retired

Okay, nothing wrong with that. 👍

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

🤦‍♀️

What is the Accolade called? "10 Year Supporter".

Who below is a "10 Year Supporter"?

A) Someone who just started playing yesterday and spent $30 on the game
B) Someone who started in 2013 and has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on the game

The answer is both. Both are supporting the game. Both deserve recognition. Currently, the only ones recognized as a "10 Year Supporter" are the ones who have bought one of these packs, and one of these packs alone.

Edit: As another Tenno suggested many dozens of pages back, this wouldn't have been a problem if the Accolade was something like "Heirloom Supporter". But it's not "Heirloom Supporter", it's "10 Year Supporter", and players who have supported the games over the last 10 years deserve the same recognition as the people who have supported the game in over the last week. Anything less belittles the support people have shown DE over this last decade.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Strange, they come every year though and you have time to get them. All you have to do is log in. Can't see where that is a problem. 🤔

Again, the fact that you don't see it as a problem is why you're exactly the shmuck they were hoping for.

You realize people have bigger lives than logging in, doing 4 or so 20m long missions, and then actually taking the time to make any good use out of them?

You're so apologetic to bad business practices and yet it seems you have no job, because most people don't have time to check in to make sure the event they may or may not have even heard of happens.

You WILL miss things if you like it or not, and now because people like you want nothing more than to fork over money without question, these special rewards AREN'T going to be coming back annually anymore.

You feel special now?

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats why everyone who is playing Warframe is a supporter yes I agree. You got a nice glyph that you can put on your profile to show your 10 year support. That's what I did. :)

Your standards are miserably low.

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

Here's a great idea, DE. When you finally release 1999 expansion, why not celebrate it with time limited premium $1999 package?

You only could have gotten it back in 1999, sorry.

Just fair business practice lol :]]]]

Edited by Thunderlord_Zinogre
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Thats why everyone who is playing Warframe is a supporter yes I agree. You got a nice glyph that you can put on your profile to show your 10 year support. That's what I did. :)

I'm glad you're happy with that, but the rest of us aren't and for good reason. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

it seems you have no job, because most people don't have time to check in to make sure the event they may or may not have even heard of happens.

I work 55 hours a week but I do make time to play for about an hour. I'm lucky I have time to play games. But there are times I don't get to play and miss some stuff but I don't let it get to me.

4 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

You feel special now?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Your standards are miserably low.

Better low than unreasonably high.

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

But there are times I don't get to play and miss some stuff but I don't let it get to me.

So you let companies walk all over you and now you expect us to think it's normal to let content disappear despite that being a recent practice?

Yeah no, idk what this weird economic BDSM thing you're into here is, but the rest of us don't use up our time working and then happily allow companies to just not give you anything.

You realize that you're literally complacent in the degradation of your own product because you're too lazy to care about anything other than sounding aloof and smarmy?

Like, your standards are so low that the bare minimum is your "unreasonably high"

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

Oh well in that case I guess we can all go home!

Wrap it up everyone, deluxe skins are now $40!

Turns out, it's just business, no need to be upset!

If you let them walk all over you, maybe they'll stop walking all over you!

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Yes

Oh bless your sweet little heart.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Nah, I didn't, I just used the sentence as a segue to drop my based opinion.

Btw, I mostly agree with your posts, even though you are wasting your time. It's better to be based like me.

Oh don't worry, it's not a waste of time. When you present factual information to people and their impulse is to then insult you, well, it tends to make their intentions and mindset more clear to specific individuals who may read through this.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Well, there is a problem. See, there's really no reason I should have had to spend $90 for that. I can afford the price tag, but creating a scenario where wanting the exclusive offerings (which don't really need to be exclusive to begin with) requires purchasing the highest tier, you're spending lots of extra money on wasted content. 

The same happens with Supporter packs. I have purchased most (if not all, I can't remember) update specific Supporter Packs due to liking the exclusive cosmetics. When I did that, I was pushed into buying items I was going to earn in-game anyways like Yareli, Aegrit, or other gear. The only exception to this was the very player-friendly cosmetic-only bundle sold with The New War. 

That's what I (and many others) would like here. This isn't new feedback or a new scenario. The only new part about it is the fact it feels like Prime Vault Accessories, Regal Aya, and Founders concerns all wrapped up into one heaping mess at the same time.

The Accolade should have never been made in this fashion. If you wanted to make a paid Accolade again, it would need to signify the same deserved recognition as purchased Founder Accolades. The only way to do that is respect the entire playerbase with their contributions. The significance of an Accolade to one package (Founders) surrounds the circumstances of the purchase. This gives it a more positive and legendary status. The circumstances of this purchase, combined with the "10 year supporter" marketing and total disregard of 10 years and millions of dollars in player purchases gives it the status of negativity and disgust.

I bought this because I enjoy having a unique account profile and a thorough collection of good gear and cosmetics, especially when time-limited. I didn't purchase the Accolade because the badge actually represents my support. My Cephalon Simaris Glyph from attending TennoCon 2018 does that 10 times better already.

I don't want to sound like a broken record with my comments on this matter, but it really is as easy as just looking at all the historical references players have provided that show why Warframe absolutely didn't have to do this, and what the current package currently accomplishes.

If a package like this is going to be left in this state until the end (which is what it's looking like), then this is the wrong kind of precedence for Warframe to have going forward and leaves a bad taste in players' mouths. This also completely overwrites and destroys the precedence DE has had regarding exclusivity from their stance on the nature of Founders gear, Primed Chamber, Braton and Lato Vandal, event weapons, Prime Accessories, and more.

What this package tells many players (including myself) through its implementation is that the community treatment with these types of things is now a bygone era of the game. That's truly sad.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Nah, you can do partial refunds, it's not a return of the goods, but a return of the money.

Think of it like a tax return, except you were told that your taxes were a gift to you.

I suppose if all they were doing is decreasing the price of the pack then sure thats probably pretty simple and would work (albeit still comes with potential problems, for example generally dealing with the console companies hosting the game), but I think think this is a lot more complex for a few reasons. The $ price isnt the inherent problem for a lot of people so a simple decrease in price that is still accounting for the contents of the package isn't an appropriate fix for a lot of people, it's buying things they don't want and can buy any time just to get the things that they want that most people have a problem with. So for example if they were to introduce a pack with just the skins that makes people feel they bought something they wouldn't have and want a partial refund for the difference they'd surely have to remove things from the account in order to rectify it, leading to my previous point.

Either that or allowing partial refunds for the difference between the two packs without taking away the difference in goods, but wouldn't that simply be opening DE up to exploitation by having anyone who bought the package and actually wanted it, able to get a partial refund and keep what they fully intended on buying in the first place, effectively making the difference between two said packs being entirely free for anyone who's already purchased it? 

apparently some people who bought the heighest tier heirloom pack are reporting they received the initial 600p followed then by the new distributed amount ,
but not the difference of 1500, an additional 2100p. =2700p

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Okay, describe what Flubflub is and there could be agreement that it causes increased levels of Fear in people. So again, are you denying that people aren't feeling pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame?

Did I claim every person did? I did not. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't make a habit out of it.

Why must there be a severe reaction to feeling pressured? Are all the posts here expressing some variation of not liking the FOMO not enough? how about the thread in GD? Do you need to start vomiting as well to feel pressured? This extremist language is ridiculous.

Oh so we're just skipping past the point made about extremist language being used to describe FOMO? I'll admit it's a good way to make my post seem out of context...... if my post wasn't one or two swipes up from this post of course. 

It's becoming a strangely shared habit of folks in here to cut out details of replies and only address whats left. Almost as if a pretty solid point was just made and you's want to avoid it. What's worse of course is despite being unable to find the extreme examples I gave, you also failed to find any not-so-extreme examples and present them either, which was the question that was put forth.

So yes, I see all the tantrums over FOMO. I'm not seeing anyone saying anything remotely close to "feeling pressured" by it though. Any idea where I should start looking, or are you too busy failing to turn something I said against me again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, look said:

apparently some people who bought the heighest tier heirloom pack are reporting they received the initial 600p followed then by the new distributed amount ,
but not the difference of 1500, an additional 2100p. =2700p

Do you have screenshot proof? I only received an extra 1500 via the inbox today:

image.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

So yes, I see all the tantrums over FOMO. I'm not seeing anyone saying anything remotely close to "feeling pressured" by it though. Any idea where I should start looking, or are you too busy failing to turn something I said against me again?

It's implied in the marketing of the bundles as well as so many posts here on the Forums and Reddit. You're pressured into the purchase as the contents of said purchase won't be available ever again after December. Given the nature of Accolades in Warframe, you'll be lucky to see another one available in the next 10 years for an average player like yourself or myself.

That's how all of this works. If there was no exclusivity, and the Accolade represented anyone who's made financial purchases in Warframe for the last 10 years, a lot less people would be rushing to buy it, and people wouldn't be so vocal about it being an issue. I know I wouldn't have purchased it if that were the case, and I certainly wouldn't be vocal about how disrespectful this bundle is either.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Hah that was weird.

imagine being mad at participating in conversation in a public square.

imagine STILL running away from the original topic.

Nah, no explanation to you, just think of me as some nobody 

Yeah, I get the feeling you must be used to being viewed like that. As you wish nobody.