The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I am talking about the CURRENT Heirloom pack, not about possible future whatever. Pay attention.

Either the current pack stays timelimited, therefore DE bad.
Or they remove the time limitation, therefore they broke the promise and lied, therefore DE bad.

It's a lose-lose situation.

And I'm talking about the word they've given BEFORE the Heirloom pack. Pay attention. Ofc it's a lose-lose situation. Guess what, they shouldn't have done that in the first place. Now they get to choose which promise they want to break.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 3

On 2023-08-30 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration.

1st I repeat NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS we asked for a 4th pack with just the cosmetics and skins without being artificially inflated with the addition of plat and aya

2nd you should have learned from this debacle and should know that what you did was wrong and shouldn't have made the same greedy mistakes you did back then (ps you literally blamed us for your mistakes on the regal aya)

3rd do you truly respect or Appreciate our feedback and concerns we asked for a 4th pack with only the cosmetics and skins without the inflated price do to the plat and aya and you took that feedback and threw it out the window saying were adding more plat WHICH NO ONE ASKED FOR blatantly disrespecting your fans feedback 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

And I'm talking about the word they've given BEFORE the Heirloom pack. Pay attention. Ofc it's a lose-lose situation. Guess what, they shouldn't have done that in the first place. Now they get to choose which promise they want to break.

My dude, I literally don't care about blabbering. Either answer my honest question or stop bothering me.

2 minutes ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

So I can also say my indifference also helps to justify your actions.

Do your best.

Nope. You being indifferent helps DE, but it doesn't help those who are against their actions. If you actually don't care either way, then you won't care about possibly being blamed in the future alongside those who sided with DE. Being apathetic or indifferent is not the same as being neutral.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

My dude, I literally don't care about blabbering. Either answer my honest question or stop bothering me.

Well my answer to your thing is they could add a 4th pack without the plat and aya and just the cosmetics and skins making it cheaper for those that want just the skins and cosmetics and can't afford  90 dollars maby 25 to 30 dollars 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

Nope. You being indifferent helps DE, but it doesn't help those who are against their actions. If you actually don't care either way, then you won't care about possibly being blamed in the future alongside those who sided with DE. Being apathetic or indifferent is not the same as being neutral.

Write a 50-page essay to prove your point of view. It will be easy for you, I am sure of it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I have an honest question for people that want DE to remove the time limitation of the Heirloom packs. What do you value more: 

DE not breaking a word they've given. OR Getting what you want.

I keep thinking about it and I don't know what's better.

DE basically gave a word that the Heirloom collection is time limited and people bought it knowing it is.
(Let's not waste time talking whether it's ethical or not, that's not my point.)

That means there are only TWO possible outcomes:

They don't change it and people will hate them for it.
They change it and people will hate them because they lied.

Damn.

This situation is their own creation so no I do not feel the slightest bit sympathetic, they flew too close to the sun.

They either make a second pack with what we want, and get yelled at by the big spender crowd for having to sell an arm to buy the $90 pack
OR
They refuse to make adjustments and a large portion of the communities trust in them is just gone (which for me is it absolutely is) for trying to sell $90 skins and packaged with some monopoly money half the community can't even use.

No matter what they do they are damned and this pack was a bad idea that quite possibly ruined the anniversary for alot of people

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I think I've made my stance pretty clear. FOMO should be removed. If DE has to refund the money, take away the purchases from people's accounts and etc., then re-release the bundles without the bullS#&$ predatory selling strats, then so be it.

24 minutes ago, TypeZeroEmiya said:

Write a 50-page essay to prove your point of view. It will be easy for you, I am sure of it.

I could, but I won't. Just don't be surprised if you get hate by mentioning how you were indifferent during this whole debacle after it's over.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Well my answer to your thing is they could add a 4th pack without the plat and aya and just the cosmetics and skins making it cheaper for those that want just the skins and cosmetics and can't afford  90 dollars maby 25 to 30 dollars 

Sure. I agree that would be good, but you didn't answer my question, because that would nott adress the MAIN issue people have - time exclusivity.
Based on this thread it's absolutely the biggest problem people have with the packs.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Justarius said:

This situation is their own creation so no I do not feel the slightest bit sympathetic, they flew too close to the sun.

They either make a second pack with what we want, and get yelled at by the big spender crowd for having to sell an arm to buy the $90 pack
OR
They refuse to make adjustments and a large portion of the communities trust in them is just gone (which for me is it absolutely is) for trying to sell $90 skins and packaged with some monopoly money half the community can't even use.

No matter what they do they are damned and this pack was a bad idea that quite possibly ruined the anniversary for alot of people

Sure, but you completely missed what I was asking.

I am interested in what you value more. DE not breaking a promise or making removing the time exclusivity (which seems to be the thing majority of people hate)

3 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

I think I've made my stance pretty clear. FOMO should be removed. If DE has to refund the money, take away the purchases from people's accounts and etc., then re-release the bundles without the bullS#&$ predatory selling strats, then so be it.

You did now. Ok, thx for reply.

Edited by Cerikus

14 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I am talking about the CURRENT Heirloom pack, not about possible future whatever. Pay attention.

Either the current pack stays timelimited, therefore DE bad.
Or they remove the time limitation, therefore they broke the promise and lied, therefore DE bad.

It's a lose-lose situation

There is a middle ground option.

Leave the packs as limited time for now and bring them back next year the way they should have been in the first place. The limited time status stays up to a point and the long term  promises made to the community are upheld. There will still be people angry about things but at least there will be another chance in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)EazyT4RG3T said:

There is a middle ground option.

Leave the packs as limited time for now and bring them back next year the way they should have been in the first place. The limited time status stays up to a point and the long term  promises made to the community are upheld. There will still be people angry about things but at least there will be another chance in the future.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Nice. Yeah. That's a great solution.

14 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

It surprises me you have 0 trust. Why did you lose it?

As a player, DE and I are in an adversarial relationship where DE needs to use the least amount of resources to get me to spend the most amount of money and the most amount of time on Warframe, while not getting me to outright quit their game. (Probably failed that one last week)

I trust that DE employees will do just about anything, within reason ofc, to achieve that goal, as they need to feed themselves and their families.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mavoron said:

As a player, DE and I are in an adversarial relationship where DE needs to use the least amount of resources to get me to spend the most amount of money and the most amount of time on Warframe, while not getting me to outright quit their game. (Probably failed that one last week)

I trust that DE employees will do just about anything, within reason ofc, to achieve that goal, as they need to feed themselves and their families.

I see, thx for clarifying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Sure. I agree that would be good, but you didn't answer my question, because that would nott adress the MAIN issue people have - time exclusivity.

I get what your saying maby they can do how they did the resurgence were they bring it back every 1 month out of the year making it timed exclusive but not a one time timed exclusive so if you miss it one year you can get it the next year with maby a new one to boot 

With the 4th bundle being for the people who want only the cosmetics and skins being 25 to 30 dollars so everyone can afford it 

• Like 3

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I get what your saying maby they can do how they did the resurgence were they bring it back every 1 month out of the year making it timed exclusive but not a one time timed exclusive so if you miss it one year you can get it the next year with maby a new one to boot 

With the 4th bundle being for the people who want only the cosmetics and skins being 25 to 30 dollars so everyone can afford it 

Yup, that would probably be reasonable. And if they give Acolade only to those who buy the 3 packs this years and never again, those people would still feel special.

35 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

DE not breaking a word they've given. OR Getting what you want

Reminder, they said that they would not do Forced Bundles where the price is inflated things you didn't want or need. It took both the community and a Jim Sterling video to tell them to separate the Accessories from things that they already had or didn't want, for them to make Prime Unvaulting Accesories a  different pack.

This was Word that they gave long ago, and then broke this anniversary.

At this point having their word means jack S#&$ because they've shown to be willing to go back on a lesson they've learned.

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I have an honest question for people that want DE to remove the time limitation of the Heirloom packs. What do you value more: 

DE not breaking a word they've given. OR Getting what you want.

I keep thinking about it and I don't know what's better.

DE basically gave a word that the Heirloom collection is time limited and people bought it knowing it is.
(Let's not waste time talking whether it's ethical or not, that's not my point.)

That means there are only TWO possible outcomes:

They don't change it and people will hate them for it.
They change it and people will hate them because they lied.

Damn.

I do not care if DE breaks a promise when it's a S#&$ty promise. So the latter, getting what I want. And what I want is DE's "word" continuing to be the "F2P done right" mantra of the last 10 years and not dumping it for anti-consumer FOMO, division, and the obvious toxicity and elitism that comes with it.

Who hated DE when they made Ignis Wraith more accessible?

Who hated DE when they made Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal available to everyone?

Who hated DE when they made the original Deluxe skins permanent market offerings?

Who hated DE when they started offering separate Prime Accessories bundles?

Who hated DE when they put plat back in Prime Resurgence?

The only people that will "hate" DE for making this pack accessible to the poors are the poisonous narcissists that want to gloat over their perceived superiority. Good riddance.

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Reminder, they said that they would not do Forced Bundles where the price is inflated things you didn't want or need. It took both the community and a Jim Sterling video to tell them to separate the Accessories from things that they already had or didn't want, for them to make Prime Unvaulting Accesories a  different pack.

This was Word that they gave long ago, and then broke this anniversary.

At this point having their word means jack S#&$ because they've shown to be willing to go back on a lesson they've learned.

Good point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yup, that would probably be reasonable. And if they give Acolade only to those who buy the 3 packs this years and never again, those people would still feel special.

I think that would solve mostly everything make it so there's 4 packs 3 that have the accolade and one that is just for those that don't care and just want the cosmetics and skins  making almost everyone happy 

• Like 1

Just now, PublikDomain said:

Who hated DE when they made Ignis Wraith more accessible?

Well there was this one guy I won't name... :D

Otherwise, all good points.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

The only people that will "hate" DE for making this pack accessible to the poors are the poisonous narcissists that want to gloat over their perceived superiority. Good riddance.

You could have said that in a less toxic way. :)

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

I think that would solve mostly everything make it so there's 4 packs 3 that have the accolade and one that is just for those that don't care and just want the cosmetics and skins  making almost everyone happy 

I would want to see the panic when DE return to the office on Monday and see this thread...

• Like 2