Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So all finishers will be equal

0_The_F00l

In the devstream as part of the streamlining they mentioned that all finishers (mercy , stealth /stun melee and ground) would trigger the same effects though there wasn't much clarity if all will do true damage or if the existing multipliers will be affected.

But still , That opens up some (limited) but potent options now ,

For a very long time , ground finishers didn't trigger any "on finisher " effects while being relatively easy to setup (most enemies would fall prone to a slam attack or a bullet jump kick) 

I use arcane ultimatum on many squishy frames that can either put enemies to sleep or open them to finishers in other ways.

Now I can expand this to other frames that can't do that. 

I hope we get more "on finisher" effects going forward. As currently we only have arcane ultimatum and arcane trickery , and that decree in duviri that I forget.

Yeah, really happy about ground finishers triggering "real" finisher effects.  I was surprised they said anything about Parazon, because I thought those already triggered finisher effects--just not vice versa.   

The crazy thing about ground finishers is Pablo said they'd also be switching to true damage.  There are going to be some fun builds.   Savage Pro-bex Paralyvalk, your time has come.

32 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

though there wasn't much clarity if all will do true damage or if the existing multipliers will be affected.

Seemed very clear to me, though I consider anything like that subject to change.  It's about 2:08 in. 

But you're right that ground finisher multipliers could and probably should be changing if they get true damage.  They're easier to access, the multipliers go higher (Valk Talons, lol.) and they can hit multiple targets.

il y a une heure, Tiltskillet a dit :

They're easier to access, the multipliers go higher (Valk Talons, lol.) and they can hit multiple targets.

That was the first thing that came into my mind when Pablo said that they were going to make ground finishers do true damage type : VALKYR VALKYR 🐱🐱🐱

I just hope they won't change the stances specific ground finishers multipliers... 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know that I've seen the word "average" used in that sense before. :P

Just to clarify, I was joking. Although having looked up ground finishers, they're all sitting around 1,000%+ anyways... so I gotta wonder if it even matter anyways.

48 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

That was the first thing that came into my mind when Pablo said that they were going to make ground finishers do true damage type : VALKYR VALKYR 🐱🐱🐱

I just hope they won't change the stances specific ground finishers multipliers... 

I share that hope. Finishers should be finishers, and just outright kill anything that isn't something super bulky (or a specific/special enemy).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

and that decree in duviri that I forget.

Brimon's Nerve? (finishers dramatically increase power strength on next cast), that's one of the best Decrees when playing as Stalker IMO: teleport finisher than cast 4 and wipe out a horde; I call it "Brimon Nuking". it's probably the most effective way to play Stalker IMO.

as for finishers, all I want is for them to be guaranteed lethal, no matter what. anything else is just a bonus.

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Brimon's Nerve? (finishers dramatically increase power strength on next cast), that's one of the best Decrees when playing as Stalker IMO: teleport finisher than cast 4 and wipe out a horde; I call it "Brimon Nuking". it's probably the most effective way to play Stalker IMO.

as for finishers, all I want is for them to be guaranteed lethal, no matter what. anything else is just a bonus.

i cant remember the names , (and i will not bother with the effort)

there were 3 - extra power , extra armor and radial heat damage ones.