Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gyro aiming on playstation

badi1220

I am eagerly awating cross-save, Started on PC and wanting to play on PS4 with the save save. I am used to the precision of the mouse and gyro support on playstation seems like a no brainer, every sony official controller supports gyro begining with the PS3.
Also flick-stick would also be a nice option with the gyro aiming.

Embeded two videos to better showcase what I am talking about.
With the keyboard and mouse support on console and the illfaded steam controller support, DigitalExtremes seems like a studio that would support gyro.

Edited by badi1220
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 2023-10-02 at 3:55 PM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Not my cup of tea, since I've always disliked any kind of gyro interactions like this since the PS3 Sixaxis days, but it does look like a good option for those who appreciate it.

On 2023-10-02 at 7:03 PM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Nope. Gyro aiming sucks on handheld controllers. Go play Breath of the Wild with WiiU Gamepad so you can understand. Works great for Switch joycon. Only because you can have each one on either hands for fluid motion.

Well, I mean I like it and if you don't you can turn it off. I would never force anyone to use a control method they don't like or cannot use, ' would just like the option.
There are still bad implementations of gyro aiming, no doubt about it.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:50 AM, (PSN)drollive96 said:

Motion sensor games never really appealed to me, they are annoying to control and i cant think of a reason why Warframe would need them

It is supposedly better than normal controls. I’m not really a fan of it either but did you watch the videos the OP linked like the “flick stick”? That looked really intuitive I've not seen anything like it.

One of the many reasons I don't do console gaming anymore is because it's easier to implement gyro aiming with my controller in the PC version. I have other reasons, but when sitting down with a console game I can get used to the reduced framerate and increased loading times, but the missing input method I never quite get over. It's a good fit for Warframe due to the vast amount of tiny heads we're asked to click on.

People are crotchety about these things so don't enable it by default, of course.

On 2023-10-02 at 8:55 PM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Not my cup of tea, since I've always disliked any kind of gyro interactions like this since the PS3 Sixaxis days, but it does look like a good option for those who appreciate it.

The sensors in the Sixaxis and Wii controller were pretty bad. I should know: I played Lair. Wii could somehow get away with it because it also had the light sensors for aiming stuff, but neither's motion sensors were up for the task. While I haven't used it myself, the general consensus is that the PS5 controller's gyro sensors are top of the line and I would recommend giving it a second chance. I've used my PS4 and its controller for Deep Rock Galactic and was satisfied enough with the result, even if it lacked a bit in options.

Being able to nudge your controller a bit to fine-tune your aim is a treat, and my joy and accuracy has improved from it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to voice my support for gyro-aim on PS5 as well!  I'm a Switch player, and Warframe's gyro-aim implementation is SO GOOD on Switch!  It's the game that convinced me that gyro-aim is superior to sticks alone, and almost as good as keyboard/mouse!

I know a lot of people disregard it because of a distaste for motion controls, but believe me that if you give yourself the time to get used to it, it can be amazing.  It works best for me when it's enabled only while aiming down sights, at the highest available sensitivity.  Thus I use the sticks for turning/"broad" aiming, and the gyro for fine targeting adjustments.  It feels so natural and quick!

I love this feature on the Switch so much, and now with cross-play here I would LOVE to have the same ability on PS5 and PC!  Please consider this.

Edited by scendr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scendr said:

Just wanted to voice my support for gyro-aim on PS5 as well!  I'm a Switch player, and Warframe's gyro-aim implementation is SO GOOD on Switch!  It's the game that convinced me that gyro-aim is superior to sticks alone, and almost as good as keyboard/mouse!

I know a lot of people disregard it because of a distaste for motion controls, but believe me that if you give yourself the time to get used to it, it can be amazing.  It works best for me when it's enabled only while aiming down sights, at the highest available sensitivity.  Thus I use the sticks for turning/"broad" aiming, and the gyro for fine targeting adjustments.  It feels so natural and quick!

I love this feature on the Switch so much, and now with cross-play here I would LOVE to have the same ability on PS5 and PC!  Please consider this.

People hate motion controls because they suck at it. Nobody have steady hands to be able to aim correctly. Reason why lots of people prefer analog stick over mouse. All because it's more easier to aim with one thumb rather than a shaking hand.

To counter the odd "I don't care for it so therefore nobody should have the option" opinions being voiced here, I would also like to strongly advocate for optional Gyro support wherever possible.

It's possible to get gyro working on PC via apps like DS4, but its a compromised experience at least for Dualsense users. By using a third party app to add gyro functionality, you lose the excellent adaptive trigger effects/haptics on the Dualsense.

DE, if you're listening, please consider implementing native gyro support. Thanks

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just found this topic while searching for a way to enable motion controls on Dualsense,... couldn't quite convince myself I hadn't overlook that option. I also come from Switch, and have used the Dualsense's gyro on PC via Steam... feels weird it can't be used on PSN.

With cross save becoming a reality, unifying this kind of stuff sounds like a nice next step for the people used to other aiming methods. I understand some people might not like it, but others do find it useful and enjoyable and it's equally valid. As others said before me, there's no harm as long as it's optional.

I also want to support this while giving the board a little refresh. 👍

Yeah I just did the cross save and was devastated to find out there's no gyro option on PS5, like, why? Why not? Why does switch (the less advanced console by comparison) have gyro aiming and PS5 ( the much more advanced console) not have the option? Like that's how I rolled, it was the bread and butter, now I just have the sandwich meat with no bread.

• Like 1

Having used Gyro controller aiming on Switch, joystick aiming on PS for a brief amount of time, and mouse and keyboard on PC, personally I find gyro so much more useable than joystick.

Support for PS gyro aiming would be great, and I’m not even someone who plays on PS much (partly because of the aiming, partly because I like the Switch more)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Genuinely want to play this game on my ps5 but unfortunately this game is flat out unplayable on PlayStation due to its terrible aiming, even with aim assist on, every gun is worthless. I find myself resorting to melee because any gun that isn’t hit scan will NEVER hit its target. It’s honestly a shame too; the adaptive triggers in warframe specifically are great and make the game feel a little more immersive, but not once have I landed a shot on a target I meant to hit on ps5. I may as well be blindfolded. PlayStation could be the best version of this game but as it stands now pc and, of all things, switch are the only ways this game is playable.

• 2 months later...

I add to the ppl that want motion controls.

I freaking loved those on the switch and have played around with enough of the ps5 games that have gyro to know it can be done well.

I know most of the people who dont use it wont really care but motion controls are just so liberating.

Its genuinely one of the reasons i still play Fortnite, cuz those motion controls seem very well done.

• 2 weeks later...