Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea and Sevagoth farming is a nightmare

(PSN)Abloodystroke

I’ve been trying for the longest time to get protea and for the life of me I can’t understand why her drop rate is so low. Like an 11% chance is crazy the weapon parts drop like crazy but not the warframe parts. I’ve done over 75 runs trying to get her and still no luck. With Sav along with the dreaded rail jack that no one likes playing his drop rate sucks to me also. 

you might be better off just trading stuff until you have enough to buy her. funnily enough the other day there was a thread about this kind of thing, and the idea of asking for a pity shop for older frames like Protea came up; it could be given to Simaris, since he has lots of otherwise unobtainable goods already, and while the original idea involved adding a new easy-to-farm currency, another option could be to use an appropriate currency that already exists; in Protea's case, this would be Granum Crowns, since you'd normally be using them to access the Granum Void to farm for her anyway, you could also have the option to hand them over directly to Simaris and get the parts that way.

of course, this all theoretical, and is in an ideal world, where DE actually looks back at older content more regularly.

Sometimes there are tricks to make it go by faster, like for sevagoth it is the same droprate depending on which system you pick so don't do the voidstorms in Veil, do them in a lower tier planet like Pluto or Venus which as a plus don't have as strict railjack objectives before descending into the main ship.

Protea, yeah you kinda need to go out of your way to get that frame. I would recommend public matchmaking on the most common node, which I think is the capture one on Pluto since that drops the zenith crown needed there and grab that protea part but you can't do the others since they don't nab a sister which is what people most commonly want to go into the void for. There are some ways of doing it without the Xoris but those are few and far between and not as reliable.

Protea and some of the other Warframe releases around that time are when they were doing with the different drop rates than the usual 22/38/38 drop rates. Look at Khora as well. Sevagoth there was some discussion about putting it into the shop so that it doesn't clog up holokey farming but sadly this method of pity backup or transitioning to a shop system wouldn't mainstream until later.

I just hop in and do the related stuff whenever.

Sevagoth sucks to go at it relentlessly as Corpus RJ is tedious.

As for Protea, just dip in every now and again when you pass.

I have both frames as I bought them but the plant could use Gloom for sure.

I'm having a big problem getting Gyre parts to drop from Zariman, no real reason to do the bounties there otherwise.  So like I said above, just dip in and out when you feel like it.

Oberon dropped in just like that, why?  I didn't much care about getting him.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Abloodystroke said:

I’ve done over 75 runs trying to get her and still no luck

75 runs? That is about 2,5 hour* investment. Are you sure you are running correct mission (picking correct coin)?

Neuro drops from missions paid with normal coins (Granum Crown), Systems from the mid coins (Exemplar Granum Crown). and Chasis from tier 3 coins (Zenith Granum Crown). It does not matter what mission you opened the portal in.

*) what setup are you using to farm it? Here is another thread, where we gave some tips to a guy frustrated as you:

3 hours ago, (PSN)Abloodystroke said:

With Sav along with the dreaded rail jack that no one likes playing his drop rate sucks to me also. 

I like playing it, but I really really prefer to run solo with AI crew than with pugs. I farmed about 3 sets, because I forgot I already subsumed him. I am pretty sure I got even more while running NW/farming for traces/boredom. Let me check.

Again. Are you runing the fastest possible mission? Do you use proper setup? There are often 2 available void storms per Planet. If both are some tedious long, just skip/run different Planet or do something else until you get quick skirmish. If both are skirmish you obviously pick the lower level one.

If your RJ the problem?

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

I'm having a big problem getting Gyre parts to drop from Zariman, no real reason to do the bounties there otherwise. 

Just keep going. It took me a while whiile farming it and i am sure i got more sets* while doing NW (5 Diff Bounties from Zariman). Bounties give mats and rep, plus are pretty fun compared to open world bounties that tend to be overly long for no particular reason.

*) yup, i got another full set and 4 systems.

Edited by Zakkhar

Just now, Zakkhar said:

Just keep going. It took me a while whiile farming it and i am sure i got more sets while doing NW (5 Diff Bounties from Zariman). Bounties give mats and rep, plus are pretty fun compared to open world bounties that tend to be overly long for no particular reason.

I'm maxed out on rep and if I need plumes/lanterns etc I'll go do an exterminate a few times.  

I need the main print and systems, thing is with pugging Zariman bounties is people rarely run the higher level ones much.

Just to put that tedium into perspective, it took 50 or so Narmer bounties for the Caliban chassis to drop when it was up.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

it took 50 or so Narmer bounties for the Caliban chassis to drop when it was up.

Thakfully only had to farm for the weapons and Isoplast cause Ally Dude gave me Caliban

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

thing is with pugging Zariman bounties is people rarely run the higher level ones much.

I tend to run solo, if someone joins its fine too, but I do not really need help.

Sevagoth is OK. Even if you don't consider railjack void storm a fun game mode, you can still crack relics and get holokey for tenet weapons. At the very least, it gives you resources for helminth (ticor plate for bile).

The biggest problem with Protea farm is that, it does not give you anything useful. Anyone with a protea in their inventory should have at least 10+ Mortuus Shoulder Guard by now. A complete waste of time.

Sevagoth is great, just join a Corrupted Holokey group and farm keys, prime parts. sev parts, endo and intrinsics all at once.

Protea is RNG of course, but far too many people don't pay attention to her drop rotations, or notice you need to reach 75+ kills in the specific coins for her separate parts.