Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Story Pack Feedback Thread!

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Reject7946 said:

I missed that change if it happened. That's even jumpier. 

And no New War for Duviri still, right?

Again, your point makes no sense.

Let me ask you again, if you paid to skip EVERYTHING just for one Quest then what is going to keep you when the normal Gameplay is nothing like the quest.

If the quest is nothing like the gameplay, us who like the game can just trudge along with it just so that we can keep going. I know I hated Waverider, but I still wanted a Yarelli so I just did it despite my boredom of it. Thing is, after that?

I was back to playing the Fun Gameplay that I Liked because I was already Playing Warframe when I got the quest.

That's not gonna be the case to New Player McGee who paid several hundred plat to skip to the newest quest update, and then that 1 hour of cinematic moments I done, they have do S#&$ like stay for 20 minutes in a Survival to get ONE Octavia Neuroptics BP several times over because the drop rates are horrible.

The best they can do is endlessly repeat the Quest that they paid to play over and over again, because God knows the rest of the quests in Warframe are never equal in quality sk they can't even relyon those to have fun, because the quest is nothing like the game.

If they came for the quests then when the quest is done.

What ELSE is there for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Why is so much emphasis being put onto co-op, i read a bit of that thread, how would that be game changing?

That thread is a mishmash of several other threads on the topic. Mods merged them all at some point. Perhaps in another thread someone suggested co-op and people focused on that.

I remember during the devstream Pablo saying something like "making some story quests co-op may not be possible". Maybe they were discussing that.

Just now, pythonxi said:

That thread is a mishmash of several other threads on the topic. Mods merged them all at some point. Perhaps in another thread someone suggested co-op and people focused on that.

I remember during the devstream Pablo saying something like "making some story quests co-op may not be possible". Maybe they were discussing that.

It got merged argh makes sense as to why it doesn’t make sense lol ty.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Then the storyline skip would not only be useless, it could also gives bad image of Warframe making you pay to get some new shiny thing while the real game play is boring and unretainable for people that were just drawn in for Whispers of the Wall.

Like at least if players left because they complete Vors Awakening, did like a few of the missions and didn't like the grind or time waiting they would have just wasted like a couple hours. If they skipped everything with plat and money and then the rest of the game didn't retain them, they would have not only wasted time BUT MONEY AS WELL.

So are you now saying that Whispers of the Wall is going to be a new Tutorial now? That it's going to like their attempt to make Duviri a new player experience, because we all k ow how hard they backpadled on THAT.

Again, if they did Vors Prize and like the cinematics but didn't like the grind afterwards, it would have just been time. Meanwhile, paying to skip would not only waste time, But MONEY as well

I wasted money on Fallout 76? Have it but don't play. That's how product consumerism works out sometimes--you like it or don't, but the money is spent. It's been brought up as being optional, not mandatory. So, if they make a poor investment decision that they don't like, it was still a choice. They could just as easily decide to play through questlines and the star chart without playing, after adding in the option to skip.

Do things like the What Stalker? bundle leave a bitter taste if they don't like the game in the long run or went on to play long enough to earn the equipment from that bundle, making it an expensive Pakal armor set?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Reject7946 said:

So, if they make a poor investment decision that they don't like, it was still a choice

Oh so you're the type to not care that DE would essentially be false advertising their game then.

Aight it's clear that there's nothing to say to you.

Just remember when a player pays real money to play Warframe due to the hype of Whispers in the Wall and then leaves because the rest of the game isn't like it, it's because people like you are fine with exploitative practices.

Have a nice day I guess.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

The point of the Skip is so new players can get to the new content quickly. That means they need to have a Nechromech, a Railjack, an Amp and have completed Natah, The Second Dream, The Chains of Harrow, Apostacy Prologue, The Sacrifice, Prelude to NW and The New War.

You don't have to complete all the nodes for this or have unlocked Steel Path at all. So skipping nodes does nothing to help the issue the skip is trying to solve.

But nodes are the biggest time sink and yeah you don't need all nodes but grinding through 91 missions kills it for a lot of people 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Again, your point makes no sense.

Let me ask you again, if you paid to skip EVERYTHING just for one Quest then what is going to keep you when the normal Gameplay is nothing like the quest.

If the quest is nothing like the gameplay, us who like the game can just trudge along with it just so that we can keep going. I know I hated Waverider, but I still wanted a Yarelli so I just did it despite my boredom of it. Thing is, after that?

I was back to playing the Fun Gameplay that I Liked because I was already Playing Warframe when I got the quest.

That's not gonna be the case to New Player McGee who paid several hundred plat to skip to the newest quest update, and then that 1 hour of cinematic moments I done, they have do S#&$ like stay for 20 minutes in a Survival to get ONE Octavia Neuroptics BP several times over because the drop rates are horrible.

The best they can do is endlessly repeat the Quest that they paid to play over and over again, because God knows the rest of the quests in Warframe are never equal in quality sk they can't even relyon those to have fun, because the quest is nothing like the game.

If they came for the quests then when the quest is done.

What ELSE is there for them.

I think that if the game leaves a positive impression after playing through gameplay content during a quest and thereafter, we'd gain the player. If Warframe doesn't appeal, they won't be retained. Plain and simple. Leaving people excluded from the very moment that they join isn't likely to appeal to people, though. How many players with accounts that are years old haven't touched the game for several years? Is everyone that's played prior to this consideration still playing? Again, if they don't like the grind of earning equipment, they don't like the game. A quest that awards Nidus and a quest that awards Inaros? We have those, but we have plat to skip it, and it doesn't mean that the player with the Nidus or Inaros doesn't play the game to earn other things. Maybe they just didn't like the starter or the upgrade system, thinking that a different frame would amount to being an upgrade? 
What else? The game. The layers of grind. Or not playing. Like the hundreds of people that I've booted from my clan for not touching the game for 100+ days.

Edited by (XBOX)The Reject7946
Typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WidescreenJohn said:

It says no such thing. All Rebb did was say that currently "Whispers in the Walls has a prerequisite of The New War to access it for narrative  & story reasons" and that the goal is to "allow players to use Platinum to buy a pack that unlocks & completes the replayable Quests required to access Whispers in the Walls". (Emphasis mine.)

She makes NO statement whatsoever in any of her post that every, single thing - nodes, junctions, etc. - will be unlocked as part of the purchase, just that previous quests will be unlocked so that newer players can go into the Codex and start quests. She also makes no mention of the entire Origin system or other requirements that force core gameplay, nor is she saying that all quests will be unlocked, just the ones for Whispers in the Walls.

This implies that Origin System grind will still be necessary for other quests, and DE has also acknowledged that they're looking for ways to streamline that, too. But I still see absolutely no problem with playing plat to skip a quest that gets unlocked during Origin System progression, just like we can with weapons, warframes, or mechs that we don't want to have to grind.

Omitting details does not = confirmation. Just because they never said that nodes and such would be unlocked along with the story skip does not mean it cant/wont happen.
You are taking silence at face value which wont support your case. Just because they did not talk about the in between does not mean they are not a possibility.

Makes sense they didn't talk about said details as well as this was an early reveal to judge player response and feedback.

But to be honest, With what is being put on the table it can only go downhill from here.

Edited by darklord122
Addition of text

Hello,

It feels disrespectful to veteran players who have invested a lot of time in progressing in the game to now be able to simply skip through content by purchasing with Platinum.
Here's an alternative idea: Instead of offering story skip options, you could provide temporary free access to the new expansion for all players, say, for a month. During this time, they should complete specific objectives related to the expansion to keep it permanently, or else it will be removed (temporary railjacks and Necramechs or whatever else is needed) from their account and also access denied to the new expansion.

In this one-month period, you could offer players a default loadout for things like Railjacks and Necramechs, including necessary mods, to help them get started with the new expansion. After the initial month, if players haven't completed all the required objectives, you can offer them the option to purchase things like Necramechs and Railjacks separately,or maybe they obtain them from missions but don't offer a skip story time option.

This way, players would have a fair chance to experience the expansion without skipping through it entirely, and it would encourage them to engage with the game's content before making any additional purchases.

Edited by vampiru94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Oh so you're the type to not care that DE would essentially be false advertising their game then.

Aight it's clear that there's nothing to say to you.

Just remember when a player pays real money to play Warframe due to the hype of Whispers in the Wall and then leaves because the rest of the game isn't like it, it's because people like you are fine with exploitative practices.

Have a nice day I guess.

False advertising is adding the Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime without anything like a Void Relic system to earn things. Pay only, no way to earn. Get that part straight. That's why no-one gets the Founder's Bundle after legal settlement between DE and the Founders that paid for that stuff. We can trade for plat. Many people buy plat as a new player, prior to figuring out how to use the wiki, market website/app, and how to trade in-game. We can earn blueprints, we can trade to buy them. That's not changing. It's still free-to-play in the sense that you can play to earn everything, even Tennogen. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Reject7946 said:

Again, if they don't like the grind of earning equipment, they don't like the game.

And again the new players wouldn't know that until they finish the shiny new quest that they PAID TO PLAY with this new 'catch up'.

Otherwise they would have found out that they didn't like the grinding gameplay after the tutorial ends. Which would save them both time and money.

All this does is produce a smokescreen of the actual ganelay grind that is the rest of Warframe that, if you played normally, you would have decided if you liked or not.

If new players left because of the grind or boring regular gameplay without the skip, then they'll still leave due to the grind or boring gameplay even with the skip because the rest of the game isn't changed.

Meaning it's just... Them making things for money's sale instead of actually being a proper catch up tool.

• Like 3

It's so simple.

If you think Players will leave because you think that the grind of the game will make them leave, then it doesn't matter if there's a catch up tool or not.

The only difference is that one stopped after a few hours, and the other stopped after a few hours and several hundred dollars considering how much they're going to skip to get to Whispers In the Wall.

Edited by (PSN)rexis12
  • Like 3

Just now, (PSN)rexis12 said:

And again the new players wouldn't know that until they finish the shiny new quest that they PAID TO PLAY with this new 'catch up'.

Otherwise they would have found out that they didn't like the grinding gameplay after the tutorial ends. Which would save them both time and money.

All this does is produce a smokescreen of the actual ganelay grind that is the rest of Warframe that, if you played normally, you would have decided if you liked or not.

If new players left because of the grind or boring regular gameplay without the skip, then they'll still leave due to the grind or boring gameplay even with the skip because the rest of the game isn't changed.

Meaning it's just... Them making things for money's sale instead of actually being a proper catch up tool.

That's fine. They could add in some text notification of the option to play and earn things as well as to skip, so as to allow for an informed decision, can't they? That'd be a really easy addition. Cool your anxiety a bit.

1 minute ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

It's so simple.

If you think Players will leave because you think that the grind of the game will make them leave, then it doesn't matter if there's a catch up tool or not.

The only difference is that one stopped after a few hours, and the other stopped after a few hours and several hundred dollars considering how much they're going to skip to get to Whispers In the Wall.

DE hasn't even pitched a cost estimate yet.

• Like 2

I'd rather have them rework the ramped introduction for players so that new players AREN'T faced with an obnoxiously layered sediment of grind grind grind.

Also, like, given how complex and unintuitive Warframe can be at times, I feel like new players that pay to skip are probably not likely to stick around? I imagine if I was thrown into, say, Lost Ark as an example, and just paid to skip to the endgame, I'd quickly go cross-eyed and decide that playing something else is more fun than spending the next dozen hours learning even half of what I'm supposed to be doing. 

It's also REALLY hard to ignore how this comes on the heels of the Heirloom pack debacle, and seems to be another brick in the foundation of modern day exploitative monetization, where DE has less incentive to fix old grinds because they can just sell you a skip later - in a game that already has lots of 'pay to skip' stuff already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Reject7946 said:

That's fine

No it's not.

It's one thing to waste a players time, it's another to waste their money.

Again after the quest is done they'll still be doing the grind that they 'paid to Skip' only now they don't even have something like a story quest to chase after because... Well they just did it. So all that's left is the grind and a series of repeat quest that already has like the big moments and reveals spoiled because you just played the latest installment in the story.

And they'll still have to g through the grind of the rest of the game, which might make.them quit regardless if they started with the Mercury Junction or Whispers of the Wall. With the difference being that one takes up time, while the other takes up time AND money.

• Like 3

What if a kind of Content Preview system was introduced? Players would be able to play a small portion of a given piece of content to allow players that experience, but they would still need to progress through to game to fully unlock that content?

By Preview, I mean something akin to the Tennolive Demo, where players are breifly introduced to the content as a way to get them excited, while still presenting them with the preceeding quests. Players can play through to a certain stopping point, where they'd be directed to a Codex Mission page detailing prereqs for the new content. In my opinion, this would help motivate new players to work through the ten years of content, preserving that experience while combatting content exhaustion by maintaining excitement.

A preview could be paid for, but I think that would be better left to a full quest unlock (if that does get implimented). Other packs could be offered in the story to prepare tenno for certain quests as well (I think this is already somewhat in place).

If a paid quest unlock does get implimented, I believe it could be implimented as a mix between a Booster and the Abyssal Beacons/Key system; players purchase a single-use Quest Unlock key for a small plat fee, which allows them to unlock and play through a specific quest once, with full functionality or as a rebalanced demo version. This system could also open the door for returning old content, like fan-favorite operations.

Additionally, a demo form of the quest could impose a default loadout, like the Excalibur we saw in the Tennolive demo. In my opinion, that would help get tenno thinking about what loadout's they'd want to bring as well as making sure they aren't overwhelmed by higher level content they aren't experienced enough for.

This would most likely require DE to make a playable demo for multiple pieces of content, and potentially for past content as well. It could be as simple a change as the Ghost Clan balancing for Clan Operations, but I won't speak from ignorance on that.

But I think this would be a good compromise, offering a balance between experiencing new content and preserving old content, while allowing DE options to introduce potential monetization and more story balancing.

Edited by Th3_Sc4rl3t_K1ng

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Zetherix said:

But nodes are the biggest time sink and yeah you don't need all nodes but grinding through 91 missions kills it for a lot of people 

I think it more kills for people knowing you must input x ammount of hours to reach others who inputted same ammount of hours in specific grinds.

If pay to skip handed out like  booster pack of lr 3, mastery with 1 frame fully stacked with top arcanes, all the types of forma and being prime of choice with the best weapons in each section(primary, secondary, melee) fully moded with best setup mods the pay to skip just throws newbie in sp content , and they would complain game is hard. While just playing and reaching that point naturaly would take the time to learn how , what and which mechanic to use and build proper skills.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Reject7946 said:

Add in a text notification, like we have for update information, then it's an informed decision

Add in a text notification?

Like what

"Please be aware then Whispers In the Wall is not actually indicative of the rest of the game, and that you're paying to skip just to play a quest that once ends will transition to grinding gameplay that you might not like and even quit out of."

Because that's the only message that I can think of that wouldn't be them just straight up scamming their new players with false advertising.

• Like 4

Just a reminder that this is not a "Story Skip" it's a STORY PACK that allows players to skip the quest while getting the story. So the arguments that the player won't know what's going on aren't completely valid. Yes, some people will just ignore the story in the pack - but some people already ignore the story in the quests. You can't make people care. People who do care about quests will do them anyways. The existence of the Story Pack will not bar them from that content. And people who don't want to be gated from the newest content will have the option to get into it quickly. 

The Story Pack option isn't meant for everyone, and not everyone will take it just because it's there. I think a lot of people are arguing against a scenario that isn't likely to happen to begin with.

10 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

I think it more kills for people knowing you must input x ammount of hours to reach others who inputted same ammount of hours in specific grinds.

If pay to skip handed out like  booster pack of lr 3, mastery with 1 frame fully stacked with top arcanes, all the types of forma and being prime of choice with the best weapons in each section(primary, secondary, melee) fully moded with best setup mods the pay to skip just throws newbie in sp content , and they would complain game is hard. While just playing and reaching that point naturaly would take the time to learn how , what and which mechanic to use and build proper skills.

Exactly if they get given a handout they're gonna say it's hard due to lack of experience. If they're not given anything then it's to much of time commitment. that's why I said nodes, cause everyone I have carried through to get them caught up complain about having to do nodes in a planet to progress to the next section, then having to do the story on top of it. I had a conversation with a Buddy of mine last night about it cause he gave up on warframe, I asked him what would you do for a pay to skip in warframe and he said nodes it's a drag and I hate clearing to progress story. I asked about a story skip and he said what would be the point? I wouldn't understand the new content or story. So I asked him about Node skipping he said I mean it would be a start but still a lot of grind but not as bad for a new player that can only play on the weekends 

My take on the skip the story ( pay to skip) is that this will create all kinds of problems. Before I get to that the main problem is that the majority of gamers have no patience for the grind. They have become accustomed to the everything given to them or a gradual advancement in weapons and equipment from FPS and other games that are not looters . Majority of players are now so fickle will flit from game to game that will satisfy their instant gratification needs. Warframe is not that type of game. Players that play looters are expected if not required to sink a lot of time and effort to achieve high levels of performance and knowledge on the various systems and equipment that becomes available over time and grind.

Now for the main problem that comes to mind. Performance of players that have no grind time and MR advancement will have no idea of the game mechanics, mission mechanics, team mechanics, nor anything at all about team synergy between various frames, weapons, abilities, arcanes, mods, and various other things that will come into play. With all this will also cause issues with public matchmaking, There will be some saltiness that will happen between the vets, the advanced player, the casual player, and the new player. When you get a team with experienced players and one player that might be a pay to skip joins in and has no clue of what needs to be done or how to do it, well I can see the toxic chat flying or the new player leaving squad with a bad taste in their mouth because of the refusal of reviving them all the time because they have no clue of what is going on. 

Other issue that will happen is the Pay to Skip, regardless of what it is called or named that is what it is. Warframe has always been a pay to look pretty and a pay to help game play, never has it been a play to skip or pay to win. Even in the past where you can buy things in the market for plat to get things to avoid the grind you would still need to learn the basics and also still needed to do the grind afterwards for resources. I have no issues with MR gating or test gating to advance into new content , that should be a requirement to advance. I just don't want to see warframe to go down a dark path that will kill it, but I also understand the issue of getting new players that will be long term grinders as well as retaining those of us that have been long term grinders. It is a hard thing to accomplish for sure because for the simple fact us old time grinders and long term player are not gonna be around forever, me included ( I have for more years behind me than I do in front of me, old age sucks), thus I do not envy DE with choices and solutions they have to try to make and come up with.

Remember they want to add this because players would quit due to early grind to the new update.

What this does, is that new players get to play like the 1 hour quest of the new update and then go back to the grind that they know makes players quit

Except this time the players that quit gave them ~moooooneeeeeyyyy~

• Like 4