The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just a quick note about possible changes to Charm

saghzs

First thing I wanna get out of the way, I'm not here telling anyone that charm needs to stay the way it is, even if all the other precepts literally doubled the damage a player can do, charm would still see use, it's that good.
Change whatever you feel like needs changing about it.

But I do have 1 small request, in case the resource buff stays in one way or another.

Please let it allow to stack, just like charm currently can do.

Getting a double, triple or even higher buff is one of the most satisfying things there is, and statistically it's uncommon enough to not really make any big dent in to the amount of resources collected over a large enough sample size.

It is simply just satisfying to see that 16x or 32x steel essence popup once a month.

Edited by saghzs

7 minutes ago, saghzs said:

lease let it allow to stack, just like charm currently can do.

Getting a double, triple or even higher buff is one of the most satisfying things there is, and statistically it's uncommon enough to not really make any big dent in to the amount of resources collected over a large enough sample size.

It is simply just satisfying to see that 16x or 32x steel essence popup once a month.

My guess is that will be first thing they change in Charm

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

if anything that's one of the things that's most definitely not staying.

I think people are overestimating how much double and triple buffs actually do.
The chances of getting a double buff that lasts 120 seconds is 0.2% (first possible buff after the first one)
Nevermind a triple buff.

That is such a low number statistically that it's almost irrelevant. If it was an actual problem it would have been nerfed years ago.

And on top of that you also have to get them during a time where you actually pick up something meaningful.
Getting a double buff when there is nothing besides normal resources that you already have millions of, means basically nothing.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

No, you will get your paltry 2-4 essence every 5-8 minutes and like it.

Back to your wheel hamster.  Can't have a happy playerbase, they don't buy as much plat.

"I want my toy RIGHT NOW!"

The only response to that.

• Like 2

Literally every update it seems it is straight up nerf's. I mean really more an more is taken away from us an what exactly is added??? So they updated pets to not die as it should of been done YEARS AN YEARS AGO! People have been telling them for so long i mean really go back in time on the forums. This is just getting silly there idea of a fix is ether nerf or currently "lets skip everything that sucks that we do not wish to fix an pay us for it" This is not good folks . Not good at all if you step back a little an think why are they are nerfing "charm" ...... follow the money is my answer.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

DE: "best I can do is a 5% chance to give 1.5x resources at max rank."

You get it. this is not the same company anymore when i joined this game that is for sure. They literally removed a slot machine because they thought it was bad for players......... Now a days , we got $90 skins not purchasable with plat , now we got charm nerf , pay us to skip the entire game basically. an the audacity to say "ITS NOT GREED". Next thing you are going to tell me is "Don't believe your lying eyes!"

Edited by Daddy.bulbs
  • Like 1

I really don’t know what to tell players who don’t pick up Steel/Vitus Essence drops for 5 minutes, waiting for Charm to proc. I absolutely hate standing in the same position for hours; I like running and gunning even if the squad is staying in an area of 50 meters. With vacuum, it becomes very hard to avoid picking up the loot. 

You can make the argument that I shouldn’t bother keeping it on the floor while waiting for the proc; pick up the loot and you just might have the buff active. This ends up being very inefficient and it’s worth using a different companion if this is how you use Charm imo. I’m an all or nothing type of person. I use a resource booster 24/7 and the inconsistency of Charm is no longer appealing to me. I’m able to farm enough SE to buy out Teshin’s relic packs and Kuva every week along with enough Vitus Essence to net me around 300k Kuva the same week. I don’t play much and I think this can be a reasonable gain for someone who has a full time job and other obligations. These gains are without Smeeta and I’m not sure if this is good or not but it seems alright for my needs. 

I embrace the nerfing of Charm. I’m now able to min max even more by removing Arcane Energize and/or Primed Flow in most of my builds. Energy economy can be supplemented with equipment like Equilibrium, archon shards, emergence dissipate, and Dethcube’s Energy Generator. I would not be able to do this without the recent buffs and nerfing Charm encourages more build diversity. 60-80 SE an hour without Charm is reasonable imo. I don’t think players should be spending so much time farming even if you’re a completely disabled person. Surely there’s something better you could be doing with your time. Even if you enjoy spending the majority of your recreational time playing the game, there is absolutely something you are neglecting by doing so. Stay healthy please.

If you don’t care about neglecting the other facets of life, you are already getting more resources by playing the game more than any other person. You can’t complain about the game not respecting your time when you don’t even respect time yourself.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul
  • Like 1

There was a time, where one could really get mad about a charm nerf, but after they gutted Teshin's shop, does it really matter at all? Steel Essence is massively devalued nowadays any way and all that is left is that slight tingle seeing that multiplied number on your screen, but then the realization settles in, that you can't do anything with that stuff anymore. 

I honestly don't know what their plans on averaging the "loss" is, but my guess would be, they implement the endless fissure bonus to non-fissure as well, since directly tweaking the base drop can't really be done. going from to 2 to 3 and 4 to 6 with booster at base seems a bit overboard, that's far more a smeeta could ever rake in today.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, D-Shear said:

There was a time, where one could really get mad about a charm nerf, but after they gutted Teshin's shop, does it really matter at all? Steel Essence is massively devalued nowadays any way and all that is left is that slight tingle seeing that multiplied number on your screen, but then the realization settles in, that you can't do anything with that stuff anymore. 

I honestly don't know what their plans on averaging the "loss" is, but my guess would be, they implement the endless fissure bonus to non-fissure as well, since directly tweaking the base drop can't really be done. going from to 2 to 3 and 4 to 6 with booster at base seems a bit overboard, that's far more a smeeta could ever rake in today.

I get what you’re saying and you’re right, the only thing i really loath is sp survivals for steel essence, it is a slog but i want that kuva lol.