The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for auction market in the game

--iNTRoVeRT--

1 hour ago, Famecans said:

I don't remember saying I wasn't lazy, I don't remember saying the opposite.
I am a lazy veteran and my laziness is encouraging the market to become increasingly lazy, delayed and rough day every day.

wtf am I aware of the market because I'm the only one here who isn't trying to camouflage or hide all facts???

Be careful, some commentators here don't like newbies commenting on this veteran.

It becomes real once you understand that each piece on market is worth at least 3~5 minutes of any player's life.
It becomes real once you understand that 30 min sitting at a trading station disrupts your life in the real world.
It becomes real once you understand that lose 30 min waiting dealers to earn a weapon slot is less fun that 30 min of gameplay.

Three months is too little to understand the game, finish the star map and we'll talk again.

Unfortunately you are unaware of RNG, wiki link below

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/RNG

Good Luck👍

What does RNG have to do with this? 99% of items in this game (the ones that would be devalued to 1p) are not “rare” by any means.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Famecans said:

I don't remember saying I wasn't lazy, I don't remember saying the opposite.
I am a lazy veteran and my laziness is encouraging the market to become increasingly lazy, delayed and rough day every day.

wtf am I aware of the market because I'm the only one here who isn't trying to camouflage or hide all facts???

Be careful, some commentators here don't like newbies commenting on this veteran.

It becomes real once you understand that each piece on market is worth at least 3~5 minutes of any player's life.
It becomes real once you understand that 30 min sitting at a trading station disrupts your life in the real world.
It becomes real once you understand that lose 30 min waiting dealers to earn a weapon slot is less fun that 30 min of gameplay.

Three months is too little to understand the game, finish the star map and we'll talk again.

Unfortunately you are unaware of RNG, wiki link below

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/RNG

Good Luck👍

FYI I’ve finished star map including SP and am probably higher MR than you.

As I said, I’m a noob of 3 months. Doesn’t mean I haven’t learned a lot.

It like everything you say is literally a projection. “Not taking kind to new players” “camouflaging their intents” “veteran players” “concern for new players”.

Literally every single thing in this thread that you have said about others to support your idea of an auction house is about yourself.

Like I don’t know if these things are things you think people want to hear and that by saying them it’ll somehow convince people to side with you or if you’re lying to everyone else here or yourself. I don’t know why you won’t just be honest instead of lying and projecting.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 2

While I would be okay with a market where players simply put their items for a fixed amount of plats (a bit skeptical tho, we all know people buying stuff at X to sell it X+5% exists just like in real life) I'd strongly disagree over a auction market, some people may just bid to annoy other people in need of an item while some others would put their craps at 9999 to troll.

On 2023-12-04 at 8:44 PM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Therefore it will not happen

I understand, thank you for informing me, but the proposal is here.

On 2023-12-04 at 8:44 PM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

no matter how you cry

Just to let you know, this is a web forum, not a wake.👍

On 2023-12-04 at 8:52 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

What does RNG have to do with this? 99% of items in this game (the ones that would be devalued to 1p) are not “rare” by any means.

The rarity of any item is destroyed because market speculation and multi-location access destroys any number of RNG, it is possible to completely ignore RNG in a market full of cheap items. Rare relics are not rare as multi-drop locations and market speculation are pushing the value of these items down.

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:
11 minutes ago, Famecans said:

Just to let you know, this is a web forum, not a wake.👍

The petition, how it travelled in the past, down the road, died off and some were sad.

No problem, I'm going to play this weekend and maybe I'll record a few hours on trade run, all the problems will serve as a short videos to feed any topic.

I would like speculative individuals to show their market strategies through video, I would love to see the social utopia they are flooding the topic with. a flood of empty and unproven fallacies.🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

a bit skeptical tho, we all know people buying stuff at X to sell it X+5% exists just like in real life

This is not a market problem and will rarely be a problem in any market, the capitalist strategy is not a problem but rather a value action for a future of melted parts in ducates.

FhmJFIF.jpg

10 minutes ago, Famecans said:

No problem, I'm going to play this weekend and maybe I'll record a few hours on trade run, all the problems will serve as a short videos to feed any topic.

I would like speculative individuals to show their market strategies through video, I would love to see the social utopia they are flooding the topic with. a flood of empty and unproven fallacies.🤷‍♂️

Cool, some videos to watch. :thumbup:

On 2023-12-04 at 8:54 PM, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

It like everything you say is literally a projection. “Not taking kind to new players” “camouflaging their intents” “veteran players” “concern for new players”.

Literally every single thing in this thread that you have said about others to support your idea of an auction house is about yourself.

Like I don’t know if these things are things you think people want to hear and that by saying them it’ll somehow convince people to side with you or if you’re lying to everyone else here or yourself. I don’t know why you won’t just be honest instead of lying and projecting.

How Farm Plat? Let's read the best comments of the five most popular videos on YouTube? Get some popcorn broh🙂👍

mob8P5X.png

Edited by Famecans

I was entirely against the idea when the game had less stuff to trade and many less players, but now theres no reason why we should have an archaic system of trade like chat -invite-go to the dojo- go to the trade post-rummage for the item. 

Theres also no reason why we couldn't have both. Simply make a separate currency only usable in the auction house  then people can sell stuff for that currency, buy stuff they need with it, but its not going to be irl money based so if people still want to trade for plat itd be the old fashioned way. Personally i just use plat to buy parts and mods off people anyway when i have it, and im sure many others do also besides the occasional forma purchase or cosmetic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Famecans said:

This is not a market problem and will rarely be a problem in any market, the capitalist strategy is not a problem but rather a value action for a future of melted parts in ducates.

FhmJFIF.jpg

I’m not sure if you haven’t noticed but Warframe is not a real world economy and it isn’t even remotely close to capitalism. It’s a centrally planned economy with heavy trade restrictions.

Can you please just stop trying to bs us. It’s becoming a pointless discussion.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

NGfzP.gif   It was only posted yesterday same as your post, Posted yesterday at 10:54 AM (edited) :tongue:

and? im just keeping it at the top of the list?

14 hours ago, Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

While I would be okay with a market where players simply put their items for a fixed amount of plats (a bit skeptical tho, we all know people buying stuff at X to sell it X+5% exists just like in real life) I'd strongly disagree over a auction market, some people may just bid to annoy other people in need of an item while some others would put their craps at 9999 to troll.

already happens. read wat i said in red text

6 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

I’m not sure if you haven’t noticed but Warframe is not a real world economy and it isn’t even remotely close to capitalism. It’s a centrally planned economy with heavy trade restrictions.

Can you please just stop trying to bs us. It’s becoming a pointless discussion.

While there are aspects of a real-world stock market that don't typically exist in warframe, that doesn't magically remove the basic concept of supply and demand or how that affects pricing.

The current restrictions of the trade system keep supply low, which helps maintain a healthy competition within the market, to help keep healthy prices (rivens are perhaps a different beast).

An auction/trading house effectively removes many of those supply-side restrictions, which would result in a decrease in prices (particularly for common items).

On one hand, if you're someone who buys plat, this makes everything cheaper. However, if you're someone who is F2P, it now becomes more difficult and time consuming to accumulate plat. So, for example, instead of it taking ~30-60min to earn enough rewards and sell some items to be able to buy a new warframe slot, it could take hours. This would result in a significantly worse experience for new players (particularly the F2P), and they would effectively be forced to buy plat to keep playing (of which many would simply stop playing).

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

While there are aspects of a real-world stock market that don't typically exist in warframe, that doesn't magically remove the basic concept of supply and demand or how that affects pricing.

The current restrictions of the trade system keep supply low, which helps maintain a healthy competition within the market, to help keep healthy prices (rivens are perhaps a different beast).

An auction/trading house effectively removes many of those supply-side restrictions, which would result in a decrease in prices (particularly for common items).

On one hand, if you're someone who buys plat, this makes everything cheaper. However, if you're someone who is F2P, it now becomes more difficult and time consuming to accumulate plat. So, for example, instead of it taking ~30-60min to earn enough rewards and sell some items to be able to buy a new warframe slot, it could take hours. This would result in a significantly worse experience for new players (particularly the F2P), and they would effectively be forced to buy plat to keep playing (of which many would simply stop playing).

That’s exactly the point I’m trying to make that @Famecans is trying to argue against.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:
3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Expand  

That’s exactly the point I’m trying to make that @Famecans is trying to argue against.

again, the same superfluous logic.

On 2023-11-27 at 7:34 PM, Famecans said:

Why are you afraid of platinum price going down???

• A: Because the RNG percentages are high.
  • B: Because the value of Platinum items is already low.

Why is platinum devalued for most newly released items?

• A: because the RNG is too high.
  • B: because speculation lowers the price of items.

11 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:
18 hours ago, Famecans said:

How Farm Plat? Let's read the best comments of the five most popular videos on YouTube? Get some popcorn broh🙂👍

mob8P5X.png

Expand  

What does this have to do with the basic economics that you don’t seem to understand?

ok, you ask me for data, I show it to you, and in the end you just ignore it...🥂

It seems to me to be a childish attitude, that's why I recommended that you go to the wikia, read a little about data and finish the star map calmly.

Everything that is done too quickly on first experience fails to absorb aether from the main objective

Edited by Famecans

17 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
36 minutes ago, Famecans said:

again, the same superfluous logic.

Have you got any evidence to the contrary? Supply/demand is a well established concept. So I'm a little confused as to how you seem to completely disregard it?

There is no Supply if the Supply is a lie, There is no RNG if the Supply is a lie, so the Demand value will going down day ever day.

HYxh2gc.png

Edited by Famecans

20 minutes ago, Famecans said:

There is no offer if the offer is a lie, There is no offer if Supply and RNG is a lie, the demand will going down day ever day.

Pardon? I honestly have no idea what you mean sorry?

Is this just some tinfoil hat moment, where you're suggesting that warframe.market can be manipulated, and that's why you want an in-game auction/trading house? And yet still choosing to completely ignore the significant supply-side increase that would bring (and the follow-on price reduction)?

Maybe your interpretation of "auction/trading house" is somehow different to everyone else? I just can't understand how an auction/trading house in-game wouldn't substantially increase supply, leading to a significant price reduction? You're argument seems to be ... well I'm not sure, that you seem to just not believe it at all?

If we consider the average number of trades per day per player, it's probably less than 1 (my number of trades per year is probably 5-10). An auction/trading house would allow me to list 30 items per day. Surely you can see how that could increase supply.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Is this just some tinfoil hat moment, where you're suggesting that warframe.market can be manipulated, and that's why you want an in-game auction/trading house? And yet still choosing to completely ignore the significant supply-side increase that would bring (and the follow-on price reduction)?

Maybe your interpretation of "auction/trading house" is somehow different to everyone else? I just can't understand how an auction/trading house in-game wouldn't substantially increase supply, leading to a significant price reduction? You're argument seems to be ... well I'm not sure, that you seem to just not believe it at all?

If we consider the average number of trades per day per player, it's probably less than 1 (my number of trades per year is probably 5-10). An auction/trading house would allow me to list 30 items per day. Surely you can see how that could increase supply.

you cannot sell 30 items per day because your items are common in low demand, your items are common because market volumes are stationary at lying values and the RNG is wrong to free them from this stationary trade at lying values.

people in need sell below the value of the volume, if there is a listing with 100 volume pieces the common player will list the value "below" these 100 volume pieces however this player listed 100 volume pieces of which he cannot sell because the game limits each player to a maximum 30 trades daily.

Most of cases 100 volume pieces is a fake Supply tath especulate market value so there is no Supply if the Supply is a lie.