The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please comment on this Nataruk build

Perry53

Question

15 answers to this question

First off. Just had this interaction in another thread. you gotta figure out how to embed images properly. People don't like clicking links.
ADCreHcIF3oFivBlul-H6oXD1yZeFHQqdD3hd9p7

Seond. Looks great.
Fire rate's gonna be subjective but people find it a bit hard to hit Perfect shots on Nataruk (and Cinta) with Vile acceleration. Worth considering swapping it out for just the normal fire rate mod or primed shred. If it works for you it works for you tho.

Primary mercilus kinda sucks really hard on slow firing non-aoe weapons. If you fire into a dense crowd you might be able to stack it up a bit but it'll die off fast and be really hard to upkeep. Primary Deadhead or Longbow Sharpshot might be better if you don't mind aiming for headshots. Tho with Nataruk's large projectile size and innate enemy punch through you're bound to snag some without trying anyways. If you don't wanna think about it too much and just want an inconsistent damage buff, Merciless is fine tho.

If you're keen to dump more forma into it, projectile speed in the exilus slot is never a bad idea on bows.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

you gotta figure out how to embed images properly.

Mind showing me? I have no idea either. I think I managed to do it once. Does it depend on the hosting site? The button in bottom right of the screen allows me to paste link to an image, but it just does not go anywhere with it (it is red).

43 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i assume you're using Merciless because you really want the Reload bonus to shoot more often. i'm not sure i see that fraction of a Second as that significant but you do you.
but for Damage i'd consider Deadhead or the Bow Arcane to be preferable.

Merciless is easier to stack and keep. Deadhead is problematic with heavy DoT builds (in his case Hunter Mu and a little bit of slash weighting). If bleed tick kills a target Deadhead doesnt get a charge.

Also Galvanized Aptitude is a bit wierd, unless you for some reason do not 1shot things or prime with melee.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Galvanized Aptitude is a bit weird 

Hell no, because Nataruk is one of those few lucky weapons that receive a damage buff from Galvanized Aptitude that is multiplicative to other sources of damage. In other words, it's extremely strong even without a primer.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Mind showing me? I have no idea either. I think I managed to do it once. Does it depend on the hosting site? The button in bottom right of the screen allows me to paste link to an image, but it just does not go anywhere with it (it is red).

The site doesn't really matter most of the time but some are a little bit weird about it.
What I do most of the time I wanna share one of my own screenshots is upload it to a personal discord server, hit the "open in browser" button under the image when you view it in discord, and that always pulls up a viable address.
But if you upload it somewhere else, or are just pulling an image or gif from somewhere else, as long as it's in-browser, right-clicking the image and selecting "open image in a new tab" will usually pull up a tab that is nothing but that image. The address of that tab always seems to work. Some Gif sites can be a little bit dodgy about this working

Edited by PollexMessier

Merciless is easier to stack and keep. Deadhead is problematic with heavy DoT builds (in his case Hunter Mu and a little bit of slash weighting). If bleed tick kills a target Deadhead doesnt get a charge.

Deadhead would be if you want to not focus on conditionals and just take the passive Headshot Multiplier, aye.
the Bow Arcane is technically the best.

1 minute ago, PollexMessier said:

I haven't encountered a hosting site you can't embed images from.
What I do most of the time I wanna share one of my own screenshots is upload it to a personal discord server, hit the "open in browser" button under the image when you view it in discord, and that always pulls up a viable address.
But if you upload it somewhere else, or are just pulling an image or gif from somewhere else, as long as it's in-browser, right-clicking the image and selecting "open image in a new tab" will usually pull up a tab that is nothing but that image. The address of that tab always seems to work. Some Gif sites can be a little bit dodgy about this working

this is exactly why Discord has added a mess to their CDN links that have a timeout
People abusing their Service as their own personal storage Server, when it ain't that

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this is exactly why Discord has added a mess to their CDN links that have a timeout
People abusing their Service as their own personal storage Server, when it ain't that

I do this because no actual image sharing service lets me paste a screenshot directly into them. And windows doesn't let me paste a screenshot directly into a folder or my desktop. I have to open up a damn paint program (or use discord for this anyways), paste it in there, save it, go to the image site, hit upload, find where I put the image, upload it, choose privacy settings depending on the site, THEN I can share it. Discord is: screenshot>paste>click open in browser>get link.
Show me an image sharing service that straightforward and I'll use that instead.

Pricks at discord are selling my damn chat logs to google anyways. So I don't give a damn if I'm abusing their service or not. And no that's not some BS speculation, they're not even subtle about it.

Edited by PollexMessier

Discord is: screenshot>paste>click open in browser>get link.

as long as you don't need the URL to work for more than 24 Hours, that garble on the end is a timeout code. it links to when it was viewed inside of Discord. URL's can be expected to start enforcing the 24hr timeout in the near future.

Show me an image sharing service that straightforward and I'll use that instead.

there's no Website quite like that, but there are tools that can actually make it even more seamless.
https://getsharex.com/
ShareX is everything you ever wanted and more. the way i have it setup is much like what you're looking for. when i take a Screenshot, it is automatically Uploaded to an Image Host of my choosing, puts the Link in my Clipboard, and saves a local copy in a Database for looking up the URL later with a useful Filename to indicate when it was taken and what Application you were taking of, the Deletion URL, as well as for easily browsing your Database.

also can do Screen Recording (at DWM level, so not great for Recording games, designed for Recording the Desktop in various Formats.
and a thousand other features.

with an Open Source API so that Websites can choose to easily support in order to help with these seamless features.

R1CXL0s.pngysYsMpP.pngd2eDzEr.png38IijB2.png

hALSPJv.png

there's even entirely different stuff, like a QRcode Encoder/Decoder, an OCR scanner... you name it. a bunch of stuff i've never even looked at before myself either.
RXEovkm.png

basically anything you could ever possibly imagine that you might want to do with clipping and sharing media. always has been and always will be designed for Power Users that want very specific combinations of features even if they're hella niche.

Imgur is a good choice for an Image Host to use with since it's such a large entity with instantaneous Global Replication. someone 14,000 Miles away from you can see what you're looking at in as little as like, 1 Second, including the time it takes you to snap the Screenshot, Upload it, send them the URL, and they Clic on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Perry53 said:

I think I'll use Primary Dexterity, since I build Wukong with his iron staff. But does this arcane buff apply to Wukong's clone?

1. Do not. Iron staff is extremly bad compared to most available meta melee weapons mainly due to trash stance animations and no forced slash procs. 32% slash weighting also kinda sucks. Slot 4 is typical slot for subsume. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Primal_Fury_(Stance)

2. Wukong clone is in general affected by most buffs aside from Galvanised mods, but how exactly do you want him to be affected by Arcane Dexterity? He does not have combo count, only you. Also your combo count with Iron Staff matters significanlty less than with ordinary weapons because you cannot use Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds/Gladiator on it. 

3. As for Nataruk use. AI companions are notoriously bad at using bows especially charge bows.

Edited by Zakkhar

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Should switch Critical Delay back to Point Strike. No use using the quick-shot and PS puts the other two firing rates above 100% cc anyway.

For me it's largely a question of getting Perfect Shots reliably while having as fast a charge rate as possible.  IIRC Primed Shed  + Crit Delay was fun but reliable with practice for my nervous system. But other people  have no problem at all with faster charge rates.  (Or don't care much about Perfect Shots, since Nat does gobs of damage without them.)

1. Do not. Iron staff is extremly bad compared to most available meta melee weapons mainly due to trash stance animations and no forced slash procs. 32% slash weighting also kinda sucks. Slot 4 is typical slot for subsume. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Primal_Fury_(Stance)

2. Wukong clone is in general affected by most buffs aside from Galvanised mods, but how exactly do you want him to be affected by Arcane Dexterity? He does not have combo count, only you. Also your combo count with Iron Staff matters significanlty less than with ordinary weapons because you cannot use Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds/Gladiator on it. 

3. As for Nataruk use. AI companions are notoriously bad at using bows especially charge bows.

What do you think about this build?
I will focus mainly on spamming E instead of paying attention to heavy attacks, so combo count is not too important, Dexterity is mainly just to increase damage after Melee kills.
In terms of damage, it gets increased damage from ability strength

If the clone is too useless, I change skill 1 to Wrathful Advance: increases his Melee Critical Chance.
ADCreHemeilVTi8FmcbM77bcOUjA2eNShNdnKU06

Edited by Perry53

53 minutes ago, Perry53 said:

Dexterity is mainly just to increase damage after Melee kills.

Dexterity as other Primary/Secondary weapon SP acolyte mods, only affect the damage of those weapons. Not Melee. If you want to increase Melee damage you use the pair of Warframe Arcanes: Fury (+180% dmg on crit) and Strike (+60% aspeed on hit)

Clone is great, what is useless is the Iron Staff.