Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could not find the suggestion so ill post it here its regarding decorators in the dojo.

Kaligath

So why can't we assign rooms to dojo members it should be simple enough to create a whitelist system that if said player is white list for the room they should have access to decorate that room they are whitelisted for without the need to have a rank that allows them to do decorations the problem with the current system is you have to assign the rank to allow decorating to the whole dojo and well that is risky as someone can easily dismantle everything yet if it was a room system the worst they could do is dismantle that room and only that room.

This would encourage more players to join a dojo rather than create their own with the aspect of decorating without the risk of people with malicious intent.

You could get people who are a close nit group of friends join a dojo and be assigned by those of the corresponding rank to assign a few rooms connected to them and only to them think of it like a player ran syndicate similar to on the relays.

Can you imagine the time it would take for you to load into a Dojo where members have dedicated rooms loaded with decorations? Not only would it be chaotic for the Devs to work on this, it would have immense load on the servers, the load times would make going into Dojos unbearable both for the load time and the FPS drop. Low End PC players wouldnt be able to go into dojos as their game would either freeze or crash, if not their entire PC.

No because rooms already have a limit to how many items can be in them at a given time secondly the game already instances our dojo if you see the message (dojo name 1) it means your in the first instance so such a limit exists as for whitelist they barely take any processing its a flag system of yes or no.

In the case of white list its
X person is on the list allow access to decoration option on room terminal.
X person is not on the list disallow access to decoration option on room terminal.

Your treating it like its some big complex system with hundreds of working parts when in reality a whitelist is a simple on and off flag...

• Like 2

The reason i did not suggest a black list because it works in the opposite fashion that you would have to actively add everyones name except the ones you do want decorating the room that would be tedious as hell so instead whitelist is everyone who is on the list can do it therefore you only have to add those you want and everyone else is restricted ofcourse under the rank of decorator. 

Only problem I can see is that the main dojo planners could get into a situation where they can't build a proper dojo layout because tons of rooms are locked and unable to be modified by anyone other than inactive clan members.

That said I do understand that it always feels kinda like a risk to give build permission to someone, as they can technically go mental and destroy everything, often with good intentions.

Honestly, one of the thing that really dissapointed me was that the Dormizone was a pre-built room. When it was first announced I was expecting a sort of Personal Dojo that you could build as you could see fit, allowing people in clans with no build permission to use all the cool dojo decorations in a custom structure... But alas they went with a pre-made set of rooms.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Only problem I can see is that the main dojo planners could get into a situation where they can't build a proper dojo layout because tons of rooms are locked and unable to be modified by anyone other than inactive clan members.

That said I do understand that it always feels kinda like a risk to give build permission to someone, as they can technically go mental and destroy everything, often with good intentions.

Honestly, one of the thing that really dissapointed me was that the Dormizone was a pre-built room. When it was first announced I was expecting a sort of Personal Dojo that you could build as you could see fit, allowing people in clans with no build permission to use all the cool dojo decorations in a custom structure... But alas they went with a pre-made set of rooms.

That's why the architect role exists, each member has their own room, but someone higher up in the clan, preferably someone trusted can remove/add rooms without needing permission, since all the resources get refunded to the vault.