Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaithes need an update.

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

Hello.  I have been on a grind for pathos clamps a lot lately, and I have issues with the Kaithe riding.  Controlling the Kaithe feels extremely clunky and is very difficult to control properly... atleast, it is for me.  What forces me to come here today is the difficulty of some of these Kaithe racing challenges.  Those are almost impossible for me because it just doesn't seem like the Kaithe wants to go the direction I am trying to go... and it feels extremely clunky to control and is just outright impossible... plus shooting the 'sirocco' while on the Kaithe is even more challenging.  

The game mode is fun, and I really do like the experience for the most part, but the Kaithe issue here is definitely hindering the fun when I get those challenges because it isn't easy to control those Kaithes.    

This is just my experience with Kaithes, but I really feel like they need an update for more fluent control system.  I would like to also hear (or read in this case) if anyone else has difficulties with controlling Kaithes, or if it's just me.

• Like 2

Agreed that Kaithes are clunky.  When flying I can never tell whether I'm in the fast movement mode, even after toggling between them.  Kaithes tend to feel fine if you're just moving forward, but if you try to steer to a specific location while flying it can be more difficult than it feels like it should be.  Landing on the top of a tower or a building can feel nearly impossible.

I'm not super put off by it, probably because a lot of Duviri feels clunky to me so it kind of fits the vibe, but I do think activities like the races really shine a light on the Kaithe's issues.

yep, the flying horses suck, and I can tell you why: they don't actually fly, they just glide.

if you keep moving forwards without any other input, you'll notice you're gradually, very slowly going down and losing altitude; they don't fly like a plane when they should. if you press the button to fly up, you shoot upwards quite a bit, which is no good when you need fine adjustments to hit checkpoints like during a Kaithe race. I find that once you have accelerated, if you then just rely on the camera alone for turns, the Kaithe will go where it's supposed to, but unless you train yourself to do this, it's a struggle to not keep hitting the accelerator and wondering why you just crossed half the map instead of turning.

this is why I don't care for new vehicles: they ALL suck, with the sole exception of Necramechs, but those are designed for combat, not transport. I wouldn't bet upon them getting changed/reworked as they're also quite new, while the oldest vehicles, Archwings, got their proposed rework totally scrapped. 

the Kaithe is another example of DE adding something because they want to, without ever actually thinking about how the players will receive it.

• Like 1

I don’t think I’d want a one-to-one movement system for the Kaithe…

I’ve played games where vehicles were designed like that, no momentum or anything, and they just felt so thoroughly weightless that they were basically a cosmetic speed increase. The games that made the vehicles feel different were my favourites, partly because there would be more effort and consideration behind doing so, and partly because they just feel good to use. The Kaithe takes a tiny bit to get used to, learning how it moves and what it can and can’t do because it’s not a Warframe, but that’s kind of the reason I ride it (or the k-drive) instead of just bulletjumping or running or Archwinging everywhere

• Like 1