Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player here, what to do?

WaifuJanna

Hey, returning player here what should i do? I tried the new weird modus with the Horse and the Human form, didn't like that at all and getting motion sickness from that. (Why is that even a thing in warframe? Feels like i playing some dark souls lol , and i hate those games) Is that thing mandatory? or what am i missing if i dont play that?

What Story point should i do? Which Order? (I have a decent equipped warframe from back in the days (Gara Prime with 3 Umbra Mods)

nrPWku9.png

In my opinion, Duviri is more like fan-fiction that was based on the events of The New War. I'd recommend instead to work on the quests leading up to and then doing The New War.

After that, finish your Start Chart (which will expand slightly after New War).

THEN you can complete Duviri. It's handy for next-gen weaponry but it's not necessary (and it doesn't look like the direction the game is going to go moving forward anyway).

You have quite the list I would need to refer you to the warframe wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Story_and_History. Should have things in order of the main quest line the rest are side stuff you can do whenever you like. Here is a helpful document as well https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gt-GuGoEey0e5fGbkpm_GQfjH9PP49lFH3dh3zrD_Zs/edit#heading=h.kprb65e9csde I do not own this but it sums up everything that happened recently.

You can ignore Duviri as I do
If its not your cup of tea, then you don't need to do it
I recommend going with the flow, and use the New War as a simple goal. All you need is a railjack (just a big star wars ship) and a necramech (like Tony Stark's big bertha)

• Like 1

Actually looking at your screenshot, I think I started playing about when you stopped. I began about 10 days after the release of The New War. Here's a completely arbitrary list of things you might notice are different:

• The New War is a MASSIVE quest that will lock you out of the rest of the content for a while
    • You won't be able to use your Warframe in parts (this is what gave them the idea of Duviri, but each attempt has been protested against)
    • Some people have difficulty with certain missions, but there are a lot of videos online if you get stuck
    • You get a great weapon, and there will be wide-sweeping changes to environments afterward
  • Eximus units are immune to CC abilities (with some exceptions), and they're very vividly colored now
  • Armor Stripping abilities no longer have diminishing returns. (Before -50% twice would me 100 > 50 > 25; now it means 100 > 50 > 0)
  • Several frames got reworked (For example, Mag's Pull used to fling enemies into the horizon, now it groups them in front of you)
  • There's a new "planet" on the chart, the most I'll say is that it's very dark and cyan
  • Companions are now immortal, so you can use whatever you want for more than 15 seconds into the mission
  • Melee can just be held rather then pressed repeatedly
  • There's a new weekly boss that lets you upgrade your Warframe beyond mods
  • Many new Arcanes have been introduced, even some that increase Warframe Ability stats
  • Syndicates have a better UI
  • Shield Gating with a Dragon Key is no longer necessary
  • Focus Schools have been completely reworked
    • The activation of abilities are no longer a biproduct of other actions, you get two abilities that are activated like you would Warframe abilities
    • All the schools got a refresh, but Zenurik is still the most popular (especially if your frame is an energy-guzzler)
  • There's this thing called "Overguard"
    • Eximus have it, and under some circumstances you can have it to
    • It has it's own shield gate when it runs out on you, but both you and enemies won't get status effects while it's active
  • There are some extra tiny-farm missions that are a little different from the normal game that reward specific weapons and frames
  • Grendel has a good subsume now
  • Operators have shields
  • There's this crude woman at Maroo's bazaar that sells very expensive Prime merchandise
  • You can park your Orbiter on Earth, but you'll eventually get some squatters that make soup
  • Health Orbs give more health, so Equilibrium with Synth Fiber is really good now
  • Puncture and Cold got reworks to help with Critical Damage (they're not bad but still not as good as Slash and Viral)
  • There's this hard game mode called "Steel Path" that might be new to you?
    • It's not that hard if you play with CC, armor stripping, and good weapons
    • It IS hard if you are used to health-tanking and raw damage doing the trick every time
    • The rewards are okay... but it's mainly for the pride

(There's a lot more actually but I don't want to overwhelm you)

I think Warframe is in the best place it's ever been, honestly. Sure there are some new missions that people don't like, but there's still all the old missions that people loved AND several QoL changes that make them better.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a wrong way to progress, really; it's all just content, so try to have fun with it.  My only warning is to make sure you have crafted and equipped any Amp so that you aren't using the starter Amp for the New War.  Once you start The New War, you can never get back to the rest of the game until you finish it, and you will not have the option to craft new gear.  I've heard stories of it being very difficult for players who only had the starting Amp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaifuJanna said:

What Story point should i do? Which Order? (I have a decent equipped warframe from back in the days (Gara Prime with 3 Umbra Mods)

maybe get mask of the Revenant out of the way first; it's not the greatest quest, but at least that, along with some bounty farming, will eventually get you Revenant, a very good and durable frame that will allow you to go through other content more easily.

Call of the Tempestariiis decent, but it is set in railjack, and if you get motion sickness form the horse, I don't know how well you'll be able to handle piloting a railjack.

leave New War until you have a good few hours spare: the quest will lock you out of the rest of Warframe until you complete it, and it takes a few hours to do. once you're in, you're not getting out until it's done.

in the meantime, it might be wise to ensure you complete your starmap, maybe run Deimos and get a necramech for later. if there's any frames or weapons you are interested in, go for those as well.

I tried the "small" stuff first, like Waverider, but then i realised, warframe in 2023 is more like "google and watch few hours of guides" before you can finally play the game.. got tired of it. Just the 10 Combo on Scateboard or stay in air for 5 seconds...

Warframe is probably the most Unfriendly new/returning player game i ever experienced. You have to google everything, there is no ingame tipps and stuff.. In the past Warframe was pretty cozy and playable without watching any guides, except if you doing spy missions. but nowdays the game has become in such a weird direction. feels like a very casual unfriendly game nowdays.

Back in the day, you made starshart, open relicts and had a cozy chill experience. nowdays there is weird puzzles, gimmics and "Dark Souls"...

Kinda sad what warframe has become. :(

I uninstalled the game again, takeing calculus classes in college is more fun then study the warframe wiki. a moderator can close this post.

Edited by WaifuJanna

7 hours ago, WaifuJanna said:

I tried the "small" stuff first, like Waverider, but then i realised, warframe in 2023 is more like "google and watch few hours of guides" before you can finally play the game.. got tired of it. Just the 10 Combo on Scateboard or stay in air for 5 seconds...

Warframe is probably the most Unfriendly new/returning player game i ever experienced. You have to google everything, there is no ingame tipps and stuff.. In the past Warframe was pretty cozy and playable without watching any guides, except if you doing spy missions. but nowdays the game has become in such a weird direction. feels like a very casual unfriendly game nowdays.

Back in the day, you made starshart, open relicts and had a cozy chill experience. nowdays there is weird puzzles, gimmics and "Dark Souls"...

Kinda sad what warframe has become. :(

I uninstalled the game again, takeing calculus classes in college is more fun then study the warframe wiki. a moderator can close this post.

I thought Waverider taught the player the controls…? Did they remove that or something through a change elsewhere?

Personally I’d just jump into something and do it, no real concern for efficiency or anything. Many things start to shake out and become understandable just by doing it a few times with intent to figure it out

Edited by (NSW)Greybones