The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel path Circuit is still one of the worst gaming experience i've ever had.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

After not touching SP Circuit for a few months and hopping back in for the Paris Incarnon I gotta say the mode feels even easier with all the Decrees they've added. Like at this point the random loadouts literally mean nothing beyond the first round or two. And if you pull any damage scaling/AOE Decrees in those first four (+3) rolls the mode practically plays itself.

Defense remains the only friction point in the entire mode where your gear might matter. And even then it's not much of a problem beyond maybe the first Defense round and maybe if you reach the point that enemies can instantly delete the pod. 

Really just feels like powercreep managed to kill even an RNG reliant mode. 

5 minutes ago, trst said:

After not touching SP Circuit for a few months and hopping back in for the Paris Incarnon I gotta say the mode feels even easier with all the Decrees they've added.

Same, although I pinned it more on the enemy armor and resistance changes.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Same, although I pinned it more on the enemy armor and resistance changes.

At the same time that did make non-Grineer units tankier as well. Though the armor scaling changes also increased the value of the Corrosive Decrees.

So yeah that definitely made a difference too. It's just that now I'd be impressed if there's a single genuinely bad loadout for SP Circuit now. 

Edited by trst

On 2023-12-07 at 8:36 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

The circuit randomizer, The thing I absolutely despise about the circuit is the randomizer, I can tolerate it in normal version, but on steel path, it's just a chore, nothing less of that.
it's one thing to cripple you by giving you harder enemies to fight, it's a completely different story when they try again by not giving you the things you want to use RIGHT NOW.

This is what I absolutely love about the Circuit SP or not. It's interesting and makes it possible for less used weapons to shine by decrees.
If you're some meta monkey who can't adapt with the tools you're given then go rage quit or stay and rot in your corner.

• Like 5

On 2024-01-18 at 12:31 PM, Traumtulpe said:

How is this discussion still going? The Ciruit is long dead, stop beating it up already.

The combination of random gear, completely useless braindead premade builds, being unable to mod stuff on the fly, people leaving left and right because of all of this, host migrations due to them leaving, the mode breaking down 100% of the time after host migration, and finally the loss of all rewards if the mode does break down, in addition to nonfunctional balancing (excarvators exploding before they hit the ground), ensured that the Circuit was dead on arrival.

People only go there because it's the single way to get the current meta weapons, and they're super happy when they have to never ever ever suffer through this pile of terrible design ever again.

i can't wait until the new incarnons roll out so i can go back and flex. the circuit was never dead on arrival, that's such an incorrect doompost. If you had said, buggy on arrival you might have had a point.

Edited by RyllusPurple
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RyllusPurple said:

i can't wait until the new incarnons roll out so i can go back and flex. the circuit was never dead on arrival, that's such an incorrect doompost. If you had said, buggy on arrival you might have had a point.

On 2024-01-18 at 6:31 PM, Traumtulpe said:

People only go there because it's the single way to get the current meta weapons

Thank you for proving me right I guess.

12 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Thank you for proving me right I guess.

Most people do any content specifically because of the reward tied to said content. What ever you claim to be good content would see low participation if it had zero relevant rewards.

On 2024-08-30 at 5:57 PM, Yamazuki said:

What ever you claim to be good content would see low participation if it had zero relevant rewards.

There's a difference between something having relevant rewards, and something exlusively having the literal best rewards in the entire game.

If the circuit offered you Forma blueprints at the same pace that fissures do, how many people would play circuit over fissures? Probably very few!

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

There's a difference between something having relevant rewards, and something exlusively having the literal best rewards in the entire game.

If the circuit offered you Forma blueprints at the same pace that fissures do, how many people would play circuit over fissures? Probably very few!

Haha well circuit won't ever do this.  Speedrunning relics is a lot more enjoyable and convenient than farming circuit imo.  So no I don't think that would kill fissures at all.

Well, I could see people liking snipers more in the undercroft.  There is hardly any good parkour.  It's just very bland circles and the awful cow pasture.  Too open.  I do love defense portals though.  I'd play endless portal defense relics.  Circuit missions are kinda doo doo (yes, esp exterm and flood), but I haven't tried alchemy yet. haha as if that could change things.  This is just my opinion of course.

I'd like exterm fissure in sanctum or zariman, not an endless mission.  Ideally Angels in sanctum, voca farming fissure, but clearly that's too good to have.

Edited by Lord_Drod