Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Wall (and beyond Q&A)

(XBOX)Cram Duahcim

https://wccftech.com/warframe-whispers-in-the-walls-and-beyond-qa-with-creative-director-rebecca-ford/

Really interesting read. Looks like 2024 could be a good year.

Also curious about Stalker getting a focused update before WF1999 if they're going to talk about that in 3-4 months.

Good read if anyone is curious.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 2

"We actually had to make a business decision to move the Prime, so Gauss has moved to January. That was just a business decision. We didn't want to do too much at the end of the year because we have a supporter pack and other packs coming, so we wanted to phase out just how much we had."

Gotta wait till January for Gauss, rip. Guess he needs more polish for all that shiny chrome.

3 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

W1999 isn't coming until 2025? I thought it was part of WitW, a side mode like Veilbreaker? Good god, an entire expansion based around the horridly slow "normal person" controls... What are DE smoking?

It's likely going to be the last update of 2024 like Whispers in the Wall.

I didn't see anything slow about WF1999 considering your playing Arthur that's wearing an Excal Suit (or is basically turning into Excalibur)

Let em cook.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I didn't see anything slow about WF1999 considering your playing Arthur that's wearing an Excal Suit (or is basically turning into Excalibur)

Let em cook.

That's still effectively 2025 my guy, doesn't change what I said. If you don't see that it's just going to be the same style of play as things like Veilbreaker and Duviri, then you are outright blind or intentionally ignoring what is plain to see.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Let em cook.

Yeah, like, in the trailer for it we see Arthur doing some a bullet jump at 3:18, as well as some classic quick tap-crouch-to-scootch-faster at 3:46.

Doesn't really seem like this'll be Kahl again. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That's still effectively 2025 my guy, doesn't change what I said. If you don't see that it's just going to be the same style of play as things like Veilbreaker and Duviri, then you are outright blind or intentionally ignoring what is plain to see.

Blind? 

You might wanna rewatch the trailer and return to this conversation. 

23 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

"Coming 2024"

If it's out in December: it's still 2024. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

if by style you mean "boring repeatable mission" much like kahl is rn then yeah I hope it's just for the quest and not how we're gonna be farming WF1999 content. that'd be a huge letdown

16 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

if by style you mean "boring repeatable mission" much like kahl is rn then yeah I hope it's just for the quest and not how we're gonna be farming WF1999 content. that'd be a huge letdown

The vibe I'm getting is its likely going to be comparable to The New War: A dedicated cinematic quest that's multi hour. 

They've got Neil Newborn and Ben Starr attached, they're swinging for the fences on this one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

but whatever.

denial

ok terrible that they're not pursuing it at all,

anger

surely they don't need nearly 3 years to reduce yareli's hitbox height

bargaining

ok they don't wanna make helminth work on merulina.

depression

XDXDXDXD

acceptance

• Like 7

ok they don't wanna make helminth work on merulina. ok terrible that they're not pursuing it at all, but whatever.

surely they don't need nearly 3 years to reduce yareli's hitbox height while on Merulina XDXDXDXD?

I like how the article talked about Yareli and Grendel, and Ivara is just 8 years old in the mud.

I really don't understand why they can't create a basic one-handed animation that plays for specific Warframe's like Ivara or Yareli, and Grendel just has no animation.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ELMACHINGUN said:

Im all up for this cross save but why in the world would they make Excalibur Prime PC exclusive and you cant use him on PS5 for example. How do yall feel about that.  

Probably due to DE having a conversation in a boardroom between Microsoft and Sony.

I'm sure they wanted to include them but it's probably due to wanting to avoid a conversation about it, if you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AceSymmeTrick said:

I am a bit confused on something, when the linking and merging releases the 13th, I know I will not be able to merge my PS5 account to the new PC one, but if I make a PC account now like today, will I be able to link all of my PS5 progress to my PC account? 

If you make a new account now regardless of platform, it's too late to "Merge" because of the deadline mention. "Linking" is just erasing all other account except for one. You can then log in any platform to access that single account. Remember that mobile warframe is in the works. People have to be able to play while on the crapper seat.

What about modular Archwings?

We have no vision for that. It's a shame that all that content was made. We would love to do something with it but we have zero designs to support it.

BOOOO.

On a serious note it seems the interviewer is not a WF player and most the questions are nigh useless.

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

denial

anger

bargaining

depression

acceptance

it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. (tears start here) it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. it's going to be ok. (sobbing begins here) it's going to be ok. it's going to b

crying.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

The talk about reworks and the community's sentiment makes me feel we're definitely getting at least sandy boy's long-awaited refresh at some point in 2024.

god I hope so. Inaros has to be the most boring frame in the game right now, and yet I still love his fashion. I have a feelign it'll only be him and maybe one other frame, some are saying Trinity, since she appeared in the WitW trailer, but only time will tell.

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If you don't see that it's just going to be the same style of play as things like Veilbreaker and Duviri, then you are outright blind or intentionally ignoring what is plain to see.

I dunno, watching the 1999 trailer, Arthur still does the same moves as a warframe, and I'm pretty sure DE are aware of how the Kahl Missions didn't age that well, considering they actually buffed Kahl's movement slightly. all we can do is wait and see.

10 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

surely they don't need nearly 3 years to reduce yareli's hitbox height while on Merulina XDXDXDXD?

hey, you wanted a frame that could surf, that means being taller than others and therefore being a bigger target. actions have consequences. you could always subsume Merulina away, it's what I did, right before I threw Yareli in the trash.

8 hours ago, ELMACHINGUN said:

why in the world would they make Excalibur Prime PC exclusive and you cant use him on PS5 for example. How do yall feel about that. 

absolutely fine with it. DE were never gonna open that can of worms to start with, I don't know where people got this Bizarre idea that it'd suddenly be available to all platforms just because of account merging, like somehow that's a free pass to do whatever.. they made it clear as day: it will NEVER be released again. 

7 hours ago, L3512 said:

What about modular Archwings?

We have no vision for that. It's a shame that all that content was made. We would love to do something with it but we have zero designs to support it.

BOOOO.

On a serious note it seems the interviewer is not a WF player and most the questions are nigh useless.

you say that, but i felt they brought up valid questions regarding neglected content from years ago, so even if they don't play, they did some research beforehand. shame about Archwing, but I was intrigued by how Rebecca mentioned a prototype mode where the railjack could be flown in open world; to me that says that they haven't totally forgotten about railjack after all, and hopefully are going to prevent it from becoming another Archwing situation by actually making it relevant in the game again.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

hey, you wanted a frame that could surf, that means being taller than others and therefore being a bigger target. actions have consequences. you could always subsume Merulina away, it's what I did, right before I threw Yareli in the trash.

DESICCATION'S CURSE UPON YOU 𓇋 𓈎𓈖𓅱𓅃 𓅃𓉔𓅂𓂋𓅂 𓇌𓅱𓅲 𓃭𓇋𓆯𓅂 𓇋 𓄿𓅓 𓃭𓇋𓆯𓇋𓈖𓎼 𓇋𓈖𓋴𓇋𓂧𓅂 𓇌𓅱𓅲𓂋 𓅃𓄿𓃭𓋴 

Edited by Skoomaseller

11 hours ago, L3512 said:

The questions were pulled from a Reddit thread, so they're all genuine thoughts from Warframe players - but yeah the interviewer obviously has no experience with the game with the amount of discrepancies in the phrasing of the questions