Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerns with Archon shards, Umbra forma, and account merging.

PollexMessier

How is this going to work without being excessively unfair?
Someone could theoretically be running 4 separate accounts on different platforms and getting every shard and umbra forma. With being able to merge accounts for cross save this means players like this could exploit the account merge to be getting these things 4 times faster than everyone else can up until they merge their accounts.

Allowing them to do this isn't fair to players that only have one platform to play on.
But not allowing this is unfair to the work multi-platform players put in to get those things.

The only solutions to make this situation fair are to make it so there's no time gate on these things anymore; Cut it down as far as making umbra forma once a week and archon shards once a day; Or giving everyone a set amount of shards and forma based on how many they have and the platforms they don't merge with.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

nobody has actually done the theoretical issue you're describing. 

you are using an argument about fairness to push an idea not because it'd actually be better for the game but because you personally stand to benefit from it, all the while the argument is based on the false premise that people are running 4 accounts to get 4 times the archon shards and umbral forma which nobody is actually doing, i think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who even maintains two accounts at that level.

as for fairness, DE doesnt really care about "but i grinded for this" in many cases. i grinded my ass off in the original shadow debt event to get my vulkar wraith, which is now a baro weapon. is that fair? is it fair to the people who grinded out nidus when he came out, spending sometimes close to twenty hours in total doing salvage, that you can now go into circuit and get all the parts guaranteed without needing to do the same mission over and over again?

just get over it. maybe some people will end up having one or two more of these resources. in the end, it doesnt even affect your gameplay experience so why do you care. 

• Like 6

All of the above, plus:

Even if people do manage to get a few rarer items they're still working double/triple/quadruple to earn them. Not only that, but in this case it means having accounts with late game progress in them, which aren't easy to get specially on consoles where plat is way scarcer.

Plus, what others may or may not have does not affect you, since it's not a PVP competition. Some people have had legendary cores drop from sorties, most (myself included) likely never will. Doesn't make it unfair, doesn't make those winning such items better, doesn't make those without them lesser.

Plus, this is a one time only occurence. One merge and that's it, it won't ever happen again. 

This is a discussion as old as time, all the way back to "They have Excal Prime, so I should have it as well because I wasn't there when it happened". I have nothing against those who dedicated themselves more in one way or another to not have their efforts dismissed like they've never done them.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SDGDen said:

nobody has actually done the theoretical issue you're describing. 

There are already people RMTing for alt platform accounts to merge with lol.

8 hours ago, SDGDen said:

just get over it. maybe some people will end up having one or two more of these resources. in the end, it doesnt even affect your gameplay experience so why do you care. 

The point of cross-save is not to give anyone an advantage, just allow someone to merge existing accounts. We have yet to see the asterisks on what actually moves over and in what way.

• Like 2