Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removed Mastery Rank restriction and yet why Vay Hek is still locked until MR5?

--CF--Tonfo

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, he not a quest. Maybe read more next time.

Junctions require you to clear the boss of the planet. You need to clear Earth junction to progress to main story beyond Earth. Therefore, Vay Hek is part of the main storyline, and thus should not have an MR requirement as per the entire purpose of this update's removal of MR requirements from the main story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Junctions require you to clear the boss of the planet. You need to clear Earth junction to progress to main story beyond Earth. Therefore, Vay Hek is part of the main storyline, and thus should not have an MR requirement as per the entire purpose of this update's removal of MR requirements from the main story.

Vay Hek isn't even required by the Mars Junction, never has been. Maybe you too should also have read the patch notes. Fyi, Vay Hek (before update) was a requirement for the Sedna Junction, nothing to even remotely do with Mars.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Vay Hek isn't even required by the Mars Junction, never has been. Maybe you too should also have read the patch notes. Fyi, Vay Hek (before update) was a requirement for the Sedna Junction, nothing to even remotely do with Mars.

Take a moment to reread what you just posted, and realize you literally haven't countered the point of what I said. My specifics might've been off, but the point still applies.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Take a moment to reread what you just posted, and realize you literally haven't countered the point of what I said. My specifics might've been off, but the point still applies.

Don't need to reread anything. Vay Hek is not and has never been part of any quests, main or side. He is not in the "main path" as DE have put it. So his MR requirement stands. But you go right ahead, advocate for a change that would be dumb in and of itself. You go and help the MR0's who would surely benefit from the change.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Don't need to reread anything. Vay Hek is not and has never been part of any quests, main or side. He is not in the "main path" as DE have put it. So his MR requirement stands. But you go right ahead, advocate for a change that would be dumb in and of itself. You go and help the MR0's who would surely benefit from the change.

Buddy. Theres no reason for you to be that snippy anout this.

Edited by (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

9 минут назад, (PSN)Unstar сказал:

Vay Hek is a tedious and frustrating boss even when you're overpowered.  The later that new players get access to this mess of a fight, the less frustration they'll experience, and the less likely they'll be to quit the game because of it.

Players  with MR5 is still  new. DE can rebalance Hek if there's a problem.

• 1 month later...
Just now, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Exactly. It’s the only node that is required for anyone below MR5 to unlock steel path. The restriction should definitely be removed. 

No they shouldn't, newer players need to focus on quests not steel path

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

This is true. The last thing I need is a new player joining my steel path survival knowing absolutely nothing about the game… just to die multiple times and probably quit. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Exactly. It’s the only node that is required for anyone below MR5 to unlock steel path. The restriction should definitely be removed. 

If you're below MR 5 you REALLY shouldn't even be thinking about steel path. The only people that could even begin to attempt something that ridiculous are vets on smurf accounts.

Your typical MR5 wouldn't have the power necessary to kill a single steel path enemy, let alone complete a whole mission. Unless they were deliberately avoiding increasing their mastery, in which case that's the player's fault.

You can easily hit MR 5 before even knowing how mastery works. It's nothing. Far less tedious to accomplish than clearing every node is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Who said anything about new players? I personally have a MR0 account that’s a challenge run and I think I’d do just fine in steel path. I have every other node done and my setup isn’t too far off from end game either. 

1 hour ago, Aruquae said:

This is true. The last thing I need is a new player joining my steel path survival knowing absolutely nothing about the game… just to die multiple times and probably quit. 

I get that part, but what new players are gonna have every node unlocked? And even if, you’d think if they got that far they know what they’re doing. 

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

If you're below MR 5 you REALLY shouldn't even be thinking about steel path. The only people that could even begin to attempt something that ridiculous are vets on smurf accounts.

Your typical MR5 wouldn't have the power necessary to kill a single steel path enemy, let alone complete a whole mission. Unless they were deliberately avoiding increasing their mastery, in which case that's the player's fault.

You can easily hit MR 5 before even knowing how mastery works. It's nothing. Far less tedious to accomplish than clearing every node is

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

MR is pointless. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

I get that part, but what new players are gonna have every node unlocked? And even if, you’d think if they got that far they know what they’re doing. 

This should be true, but the jump between doing simple level 30 missions to level 130 missions is a big leap. It’s not hard to clear the content in the normal Star Chart. You can get through any mission with a decent built gun or frame. Steel Path on the other hand… well, you know

6 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

MR is pointless. 

I agree, it’s just an indicator that shows how much time you spent in ESO/Hydron 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Who said anything about new players? I personally have a MR0 account that’s a challenge run and I think I’d do just fine in steel path. I have every other node done and my setup isn’t too far off from end game either. 

It affects new players so of course I'm gonna mention it, seriously gonna let someone with little experience leech in steel path because of your challenge?

That challenge is completely pointless and not something that the devs should worry about.

• Like 2

I’ve played the game without ever having to raise my MR rank, and I’m doing just fine. I know the mechanics of the game and I can definitely hold my own. The same argument can be made for MR30’s and above. I’ve seen some play like absolute garbage. MR doesn’t determine skill level. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It affects new players so of course I'm gonna mention it, seriously gonna let someone with little experience leech in steel path because of your challenge?

That challenge is completely pointless and not something that the devs should worry about.

No it doesn’t. The game doesn’t allow you to progress if you don’t do certain things like the main quests. I’ve done it so you have no experience in what you’re saying. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

I’ve played the game without ever having to raise my MR rank, and I’m doing just fine. I know the mechanics of the game and I can definitely hold my own. The same argument can be made for MR30’s and above. I’ve seen some play like absolute garbage. MR doesn’t determine skill level. 

No it doesn’t. The game doesn’t allow you to progress if you don’t do certain things like the main quests. I’ve done it so you have no experience in what you’re saying. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Talk about pointless. MR is absolutely pointless. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

No, but generally speaking… who do you think would have more knowledge on the game? An L4 or a MR1? Be honest now. I’m not saying there aren’t players who just stick to low MR because whatever (I’m guilty of this), but I am saying those with low MR AND don’t know what they’re doing won’t bother to care about an Steel Path (or even know about it for that matter) Most MR5 I see are living in their power fantasy and dislike when they’re thrown in with level 40 Grineer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

No, but generally speaking… who do you think would have more knowledge on the game? An L4 or a MR1? Be honest now. I’m not saying there aren’t players who just stick to low MR because whatever (I’m guilty of this), but I am saying those with low MR AND don’t know what they’re doing won’t bother to care about an Steel Path (or even know about it for that matter) Most MR5 I see are living in their power fantasy and dislike when they’re thrown in with level 40 Grineer. 

I hear ya, my only argument is MR doesn’t determine skill level. That same LR4 can easily pick up an MR5, or below, account and do just fine. And anyone who plays the game will do just fine, I don’t think the difference between MR0 and MR5 is gonna help their case any better. You still have to know the mechanics, you still have to know how to mod your equipment, and play just as you would if you were a higher MR. You think going from MR0 to MR5 makes Vay Hek any less difficult? Sure you get access to a few new weapons but so what? You still have to know what you’re doing to go into that boss fight. I hope I’m being more clear. lol 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

I hear ya, my only argument is MR doesn’t determine skill level. That same LR4 can easily pick up an MR5, or below, account and do just fine. And anyone who plays the game will do just fine, I don’t think the difference between MR0 and MR5 is gonna help their case any better. You still have to know the mechanics, you still have to know how to mod your equipment, and play just as you would if you were a higher MR. You think going from MR0 to MR5 makes Vay Hek any less difficult? Sure you get access to a few new weapons but so what? You still have to know what you’re doing to go into that boss fight. I hope I’m being more clear. lol 

That clears up everything

For the record, I’m all in for Vay Hek not being MR Locked, I just had conflicting thoughts about the “getting to steel path quicker.” If MR5 or bellow players want to try Vay Hek’s buggy hit box, then so be it. Personally though, I think it’s a blessing they don’t have to do it.

6 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

That clears up everything

For the record, I’m all in for Vay Hek not being MR Locked, I just had conflicting thoughts about the “getting to steel path quicker.” If MR5 or bellow players want to try Vay Hek’s buggy hit box, then so be it. Personally though, I think it’s a blessing they don’t have to do it.

Oh no, there is no quick way, I did everything you had to do to get there. Minus unlock the Oro node on Earth. Lol

Maybe that’s the issue and not the MR. DE just needs to make the node accessible somehow, possibly through an event? That’ll bypass the MR restriction and the boss fight entirely, but at the same time make it so that it shows you’ve already visited that node. Making it so that your star chart is 246/246, instead of the current 245/246. If not then oh well. 

Edited by (PSN)MCSOLO_808