Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-save + console exclusive skins question...

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

I have a question regarding exclusive skins and cross save.  So, lets say I am xbox going to PS... while I know that platform exclusive skins are not involved in merge, etc.  Will it be possible to buy the skins for the consoles while I am on the consoles?  If so, where would they be?  Are they for a limited time only?  If so, I would like to have a request... now that Cross Save has been introduced: Can we have an opportunity to purchase the skins in a bundle soon?

Most importantly, we will get some compensation for that? I used to play on PS and had the oberon obsidian skin, I thought it would transfer over to PC but nope. So that money investment is pretty much gone forever because before merging, you're told whichever account is not your main will be permanently deleted.... so there goes a cool limited edition skin... was it not possible due to play and xbox's policy? I mean, it would look cool having a skin that 1.) is not available anymore 2.) that was originally obtainable from a console. Even if they aren't the best looking skins, it shows your  devotion and passion towards the game and for how long you've been a fan. It feels S#&$ty from DE not being able to push an agreement to let us keep those skins. After all it wouldn't affect anything.... and merging accounts won't be possible anymore so it's another reason to show who's a devoted fan of Warframe.

Presumably you'll be able to buy and use any console exclusive when it's for sale and use it on the platforms it's allowed on. As for putting old exclusives back on sale I doubt they'd suddenly rerelease previous ones for the occasion since most were also timed exclusives.

46 minutes ago, VerosikaMayday said:

Most importantly, we will get some compensation for that? I used to play on PS and had the oberon obsidian skin, I thought it would transfer over to PC but nope. So that money investment is pretty much gone forever because before merging, you're told whichever account is not your main will be permanently deleted.... so there goes a cool limited edition skin... was it not possible due to play and xbox's policy? I mean, it would look cool having a skin that 1.) is not available anymore 2.) that was originally obtainable from a console. Even if they aren't the best looking skins, it shows your  devotion and passion towards the game and for how long you've been a fan. It feels S#&$ty from DE not being able to push an agreement to let us keep those skins. After all it wouldn't affect anything.... and merging accounts won't be possible anymore so it's another reason to show who's a devoted fan of Warframe.

Nothing was deleted unless you went with linking which specifically mentioned that you were deleting the content on other platforms. As is so long as you don't delete them you still have them for use on the platform they're exclusive to. And as for why they can't transfer it's almost certainty because they were sold by those platforms/promotions for the explicit use on those platforms, thus it's a contract issue keeping them on those platforms.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Myscho said:

They stay exclusive

You can use the exclusive glyphs cross-platform though. It is only skins that stay console exclusive. I just wanted to note that in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by Voltage