The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think about the idea of combining primary elements on an enemy, as a passive?

Prof-Dante

hey me it's me again, Hopper. I'm dreading the Crossave so it's only a matter of time before you see my pesky old name again, with a beautiful reloaded ps5 made from my blood sweat and tears.

anyway back to topic...

when you put Toxin and electricity mods on a weapon, you get corrosive.
but what if you can do that ON an enemy...for example if an enemy is already suffering from electricity and you hit them with a toxin status effect, they'll combine on them and he'll suffer a corrosive status instead.

basically what we can already do with thermal sunder.

now make it a passive, on whatever new Warframe that comes along, how bad or good does this passive sound?
and what are the smartest and most creative ideas you can do with this?

This is likely a bad idea especially if this would have to take into the account elemental status effects on the enemy triggered by teammates and companions.

For example, a lot of the current meta weapons rely on Viral+Heat. If someone would introduce other base elements to the this, it could ruin the expected damage done by the weapon because Heat on the enemy would turn into Gas/Blast/Radiation.

Personally, I rely on my companion to slow enemies with Cold and I'd hate if that Cold was turned into something else as well.

There's just too many things that can cause this passive to screw things up imo.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

This is likely a bad idea especially if this would have to take into the account elemental status effects on the enemy triggered by teammates and companions.

For example, a lot of the current meta weapons rely on Viral+Heat. If someone would introduce other base elements to the this, it could ruin the expected damage done by the weapon because Heat on the enemy would turn into Gas/Blast/Radiation.

Personally, I rely on my companion to slow enemies with Cold and I'd hate if that Cold was turned into something else as well.

There's just too many things that can cause this passive to screw things up imo.

Indeed, and it being a passive making it difficult to control.

what do you say if when you hit enemies affected by say cold, with toxin, they combine and create a third status.

so now they have cold toxin and viral.

Edited by Qorvex99
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

Indeed, and it being a passive making it difficult to control.

what do you say if when you hit enemies affected by say cold, with toxin, they combine and create a third status.

so now they have cold toxin and viral.

So this hypothetical Warframe would work as a status primer then?

That sounds great! It would open up new ways to mod weapons only for basic elements. I believe Cedo's alt fire spreads all basic elemental effects, so it would become extremely powerful with this. Citrine mains would live this Warframe on their team as well, provided they can share the benefits from this passive. Archon mods and some of the new Archon Shards would become super useful and viable too.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

So this hypothetical Warframe would work as a status primer then?

That sounds great! It would open up new ways to mod weapons only for basic elements. I believe Cedo's alt fire spreads all basic elemental effects, so it would become extremely powerful with this. Citrine mains would live this Warframe on their team as well, provided they can share the benefits from this passive. Archon mods and some of the new Archon Shards would become super useful and viable too.

Khora's Hystrix as well would be perfect for this. 

Certain Duviri Decrees do this with certain elements. It makes Lavos a pretty unstoppable powerhouse in those missions. (More specifically the idea about two statuses on an enemy creating a third), so I do think its something they could technically implement with a Warframe. Might be too powerful to be a passive though, as opposed to a power. Again, using Lavos as an example in Duviri. Of course if we are talking about a brand new Warframe, they could be balanced around such an idea, and be pretty interesting. Didn't you also have a weather mage Warframe idea? Sounds like they could sort of draw on that idea as far as drawing upon the elements but their effect on enemies interacting in various ways. Like freezing then shocking them, or burning then poisoning them, etc. 

Either way cool idea. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

It sounds like it'd be incredibly OP lol. I'd be fine with it, but i'd also like physical damage types to be relevant too.

I'm still kind of mad Khora just totally abandoned her IPS aspects. I would love a Warframe who focuses on just spreading those Procs as often as possible. 

If nothing else, a Warframe who goes with a versatility theme, like pulling out and using a new melee weapon with each ability, could be fun. Pull out a lance and charge through a group, swap to a hammer and smash the ground, swap to a  heavy blade and turn into a blender for a second, cast your 4 to create a separate instance of your attacks for a short time. The problem is that Impact is still very clearly falling behind Puncture and Slash is probably still overtuned.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog