Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best secondary primer (arcane cucumber)

Quantum_rage

Question

with the somewhat recent edition of incarnon forms for a ton of different weapons I'm wondering if any secondary weapons has a desirable incarnon for spreading status to many enemies at once
obviously secondary cucumber has its own internal cooldown to prevent stats being applied at the "exact same time" (and i would like to know how long that internal cooldown is, is it possible to max it out with just fire rate?)
i was thinking an effect like the troids incarnon might be pretty decent for secondary cucumber
or just anything with a high fire rate + some form of AOE to spread the stacks around more?
what are your thoughts? found anything interesting 

9 answers to this question

I find that arcane to be outclassed by the alternatives.

its only a small chance of an additional status effect, which you will then use to add another stack to condition overload for more damage

worse yet, you have to start over for Each Target buiding up status effects on each one to get benefit

Too Many Steps

I'd rather just use an arcane that Directly increases damage, and keeps itself active even when switching targets

Something like Cascadia Flare 480% damage

it'll take 4 status effects on a given target for Encumber + Galvanized Shot at full spool up to match that amount.

Most targets are dead before then. Encumber only pulls ahead if targets are really tanky and stay alive long enough to stack up more unique status effects -ie, bosses. Except DE went and made most bosses have partial or full status immunity, so this synergy sucks.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed

Posted (edited)

thanks for your opinion but that is not what i was asking for

13 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I find that arcane to be outclassed by the alternatives.

its only a small chance of an additional status effect, which you will then use to add another stack to condition overload for more damage

worse yet, you have to start over for Each Target buiding up status effects on each one to get benefit

Too Many Steps

I'd rather just use an arcane that Directly increases damage, and keeps itself active even when switching targets

Something like Cascadia Flare 480% damage

it'll take 4 status effects on a given target for Encumber + Galvanized Shot at full spool up to match that amount.

Most targets are dead before then. Encumber only pulls ahead if targets are really tanky and stay alive long enough to stack up more unique status effects -ie, bosses. Except DE went and made most bosses have partial or full status immunity, so this synergy sucks.

thanks for your onion but that was not what i was asking, when going to high level cap all the enemies are tanky enough to not die instantly

simple put dex furis is the best purely for getting stats as far as i can tell, 28% status chance lets you get over 100% status with just 4 ish mods
high fire rate of 20 at base
and a high magazine capacity at 100
this with a bunch of mods and you can quite literally instantly stack up as many status as you want, on a single target very quickly, like more quick then you can imagine, a single hold of the trigger for half a second kind of thing

I'm simple asking, are their any weapons, specifically incarnon versions of weapons that may be better? even possible an AOE weapon with high fire rate, low damage etc, that may be better? something like the troids incarnon form, or just something with a really high blast range + decently high fire rate etc?

Edited by Quantum_rage

i mean, you're going to want to be able to Prime Enemies in a reliable fashion, right? so Incarnon modes aren't really.... viable, then. they're intentionally of so-so uptime.
if you want to use an Incarnon mode anyways, then... look at Lato or Bronco, those have Incarnons that are the most apt to applying a lot of unique Status Effects to a lot of Enemies at once. there's a couple others with high Status output but they're Elemental base so for Priming they are simply inferior.

however it's going to be pretty difficult to beat Kuva Nukor(4 Status Effects before adding Elementals if you take Impact) or Epitaph(3 Status Effects before adding Elementals).

Edited by taiiat

24 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i mean, you're going to want to be able to Prime Enemies in a reliable fashion, right? so Incarnon modes aren't really.... viable, then. they're intentionally of so-so uptime.

believe it or not but i haven't used every single incarnon weapon in the game, but i know their uptime varies based on the requierments, ranging from, ceramic dagger. you have incarnon form whenever tf you want because of initial combo, to troid which just requires that you "shoot the targets 2-3 times" or the laetron where you specifically require headshots, and a few at that, point being, some area really easy to activate, so if the weapon I'm looking for is easy enough to activate, i don't really care if that is a small step i need to take to get a better primer

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you want to use an Incarnon mode anyways, then... look at Lato or Bronco, those have Incarnons that are the most apt to applying a lot of unique Status Effects to a lot of Enemies at once. there's a couple others with high Status output but they're Elemental base so for Priming they are simply inferior.

thanks yeah these weapons are closer to what I'm looking for but the attack speed mag capacity and status chance are well under what they need making them non viable for one reason or the other

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

however it's going to be pretty difficult to beat Kuva Nukor(4 Status Effects before adding Elementals if you take Impact) or Epitaph(3 Status Effects before adding Elementals).

yes that is what I'm asking, is it possible to beat them, does anything exist

It's worth pointing out

that Encumber is Not Affected by Multishot. it is Capped to only roll once per firing instance.

on a shotgun pistol like Bronco for example, only One of the pellets is allowed to activate Encumber. additional pellets in the group will not re-trigger Encumber.

for this reason to best take advantage of it, you want a Beam Weapon with extremely high RoF and high status chance.

it breaks from the pattern of shotguns being traditionally good at applying multiple statuses

1 hour ago, Quantum_rage said:

obviously secondary cucumber has its own internal cooldown to prevent stats being applied at the "exact same time" (and i would like to know how long that internal cooldown is, is it possible to max it out with just fire rate?)

I've got no direct experience with this yet, but from the wiki's description it sounds like the CD is meant purely to prevent simultaneous procs, i.e., those from 101+ status, forced procs, multishot, extra damage instances (e.g., explosive projectiles) hitscan punchthrough, and hitscan chaining from inflicting more than one arcane proc per...I'll call it "damage payload".   (These qualities are still good for getting additional chances to trigger the arcane though, so still very valuable.)

So besides high status chance and RoF, projectile punch through, ricochet, and delayed explosions should all have some extra value for leveraging Encumber. 

Practically speaking, I don't know that any of that will help you beat the usual suspects with an Incarnon primer, but maybe you can do something with it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

that Encumber is Not Affected by Multishot. it is Capped to only roll once per firing instance

technically but also no
secondary encumber is effected by multi shot but not in the way you might initially think

see secondary encumber has a small internal cooldown where it will only apply 1 status effect at a time
this means that, if you have multishot, and you hit twice at the "same time" and both hits proc a status effect, one one of thoes will ever activate secondary encumber, but here's the thing
secondary encumber has a 24% chance on status effect to proc an additional status effect, and this is where multishot can help

essentially, you role the dice once with a 24% chance to proc, if that fails, multishot lets you role the dice again, if your familiar with having advantage in DND that is what multishot lets you do, you can role the 24% chance twice which would in turn increase the chances that you proc secondary encumber in the first place

same goes for shotguns, your more likely to proc secondary encumber when you have 6 chances of 24% to proc, rather then just one, but you are correct, having a super high fire rate weapon is desirable, but don't down play how good multishot or AOE effects are with this effect

if secondary encumber was a "guaranteed" proc on hit, then you would 100% be correct their would be no point to having multishot aoe etc but it's not a guaranteed status

Edited by Quantum_rage

I'm using Secondary Encumber on Tenet Cycron, Kuva Nukor, and Ocucor.

It works wonders on beam weapons that target multiple enemies and you gain huge buffs from the status Galvanized mod like this (forgot it's name sorry).

I don't know about it's cooldown but it reliably makes the enemy debuff icons look like they encountered a Final Fantasy VIII Malboro. Not to mention everything dying in unspeakable ways shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Practically speaking, I don't know that any of that will help you beat the usual suspects with an Incarnon primer, but maybe you can do something with it.

basically if you have used secondary encumber with a weapon like the dex furis, you will quickly realize that "i have every status effect in the game and it did not take that long to get every status effect in the game onto this single enemy"

point being, you can stack status effects so fast with secondary encumber that, due to the shear speed of how quick you can stack them, at some point, the only way to stack more status effects onto enemies, is by simple attacking more enemies at one time since allot of status effects are capped as per how many you can have on a single enemy, well. you need more enemies to put your effects onto
but, again it needs to be a high fire rate, preferable high magazine capacity weapon, with a spread mechanic, low damage low crit etc