Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.7

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

It's a segment of "rule of cool."

... however, what they define "cool" is usually soul-suckingly boring or generally obtuse.

Yeah, Jackal sounds fun on paper... until you're fighting it and it's sitting on a wall for 3/4th the fight.
Better yet? Why not put it in the undercroft where none of it's code is gonna play. Makes sense, right?

Necramechs SOUND cool, but if you want "big mechs"?
I think putting it in a game where "mobility is key" has been the main enjoyable factor for literal years (and for good reason) ain't it.

Railjack would be cool.
If DE didn't rail it into the ground with release so buggy that it defied pretty 30% of the code at any given time.
You were lucky to make it back in one piece and it wasn't because of the enemy.
Don't even get me started on the "rework", Sevagoth is a mistake for a reason.

Any "new" content always falls into the situation of "can X weapon kill Y in less than 3 seconds?"
If so, ship it out anyway because god forbid we have nice things.

You want cool?
A game that was (long story short, they basically forgot they were making a game and not a bootleg VR chat) great for it's amazing and engaging gameplay, towering bosses and classes that could do this and every second was as fun as it looks:

THIS.
This is cool.
Yes, I'm sharing this ALSO because I like this class a lot. Hell, I'd love if Gunblades took some inspiration from these.

Warframe ain't it.

I don't deny "Rule of Cool" being a factor, but they do so in such asinine and crazy ways that I can't exactly see it being a viable idea behind their choices.

12 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Do be cautious though, occasionally DE construes this as developer bashing instead of frustration with the poor state of testing.

I'm not surprised, it's easier to censor the problem than actually fix it.

Tyrant Ruling 101 after all, "nobody can tell you that you're wrong if they'll die in the process"
"What's a few bodies in the name of my ambition? They were scoundrels anyway, just obstacles."
"Who cares if they think we're only in it for the profit? We pretty much are anyway, so let them!"

Great stuff all around, DE could prove otherwise-- but I think they're too busy wondering how they're gonna nerf Oberon for literally no reason that any sane person could come up with.
That or buff Sevagoth/Octavia/Revenant despite literally nobody asking for it. (Rather we were asking the OPPOSITE.)

On 2024-01-09 at 1:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.7

• Fixed the Ammo Pool for Primary Weapons increasing beyond its max intended amount after transforming the Angstrum to its Incarnon Form and picking

This is definitely one of those unneeded "fixes". The massive ammo nerf on explosive primaries was a dumb thing to begin with and now that we managed to make them somewhat usable with extra step you guys changed it. It's a PVE stop doing pointless balance changes that were never needed and irritating your players. 

• Like 1

On 2024-01-11 at 8:30 PM, Binket_ said:

... however, what they define "cool" is usually soul-suckingly boring or generally obtuse.

Yeah, Jackal sounds fun on paper... until you're fighting it and it's sitting on a wall for 3/4th the fight.
Better yet? Why not put it in the undercroft where none of it's code is gonna play. Makes sense, right?

Necramechs SOUND cool, but if you want "big mechs"?
I think putting it in a game where "mobility is key" has been the main enjoyable factor for literal years (and for good reason) ain't it.

Railjack would be cool.
If DE didn't rail it into the ground with release so buggy that it defied pretty 30% of the code at any given time.
You were lucky to make it back in one piece and it wasn't because of the enemy.
Don't even get me started on the "rework", Sevagoth is a mistake for a reason.

Any "new" content always falls into the situation of "can X weapon kill Y in less than 3 seconds?"
If so, ship it out anyway because god forbid we have nice things.

You want cool?
A game that was (long story short, they basically forgot they were making a game and not a bootleg VR chat) great for it's amazing and engaging gameplay, towering bosses and classes that could do this and every second was as fun as it looks:

THIS.
This is cool.
Yes, I'm sharing this ALSO because I like this class a lot. Hell, I'd love if Gunblades took some inspiration from these.

Warframe ain't it.

I don't deny "Rule of Cool" being a factor, but they do so in such asinine and crazy ways that I can't exactly see it being a viable idea behind their choices.

I'm not surprised, it's easier to censor the problem than actually fix it.

Tyrant Ruling 101 after all, "nobody can tell you that you're wrong if they'll die in the process"
"What's a few bodies in the name of my ambition? They were scoundrels anyway, just obstacles."
"Who cares if they think we're only in it for the profit? We pretty much are anyway, so let them!"

Great stuff all around, DE could prove otherwise-- but I think they're too busy wondering how they're gonna nerf Oberon for literally no reason that any sane person could come up with.
That or buff Sevagoth/Octavia/Revenant despite literally nobody asking for it. (Rather we were asking the OPPOSITE.)

I would ask whether you need a lollipop and a nap, or just need a good moment to sit down and suck on your thumb.  I'm treating you like a child, because you are acting like one.  I'll explain simply...where did I state that I think any of this was a good thing?

I'll give you a minute...because this is critical...

The short of it is that I did not.  Rule of cool is entirely in the eye of the beholder...and you've got to imagine for a moment that they have succeeded in the past because the game is still running.  

If you're interested in opinions, then let me share that we may be in more agreement than you think.  Let me express my opinions, without the condescension that you are somehow wrong...because. 

1) This is a looter-shooter about space ninjas.  Everything extra should be directly adding to that...not a self serving content island.

2) DE's idea of cool has long not matched their players as a whole.  That will happen when you want millions of players added...when you introduce to core content items like mining and fishing.  Remember, the first thing people did with their new mining laser was to draw phalluses on everything.  

3) You never played PSO, did you?  The grind was insane, the drops were terrible, and they sold the game on movement that was not part of the system.  I remember a three step attack I had to learn to do at just the right distance...because something like breaking the attack of the giant moles was too much to program.  This meant that in PSO if you started too late you took a free hit, too soon and only 2 of 3 would hit, and slowly strafing around a hexagonal arena (one of the areas, there was a cave, volcano, and a few other areas) sucked.  

4) The rule of cool gave us Railjack, Archwing, Sharkwing, multiple focuses on cosmetics, Baro with an unwholesome focus on cosmetics, and the Shawzin.  The results of which have been less than stellar.  I do all of these only as required for rewards...so while I don't think any of the items as delivered are cool, I can definitely see how they could be amazing.  Archwing was sold as space ninjas able to fly out into the void and destroy the ships we'd always been trapped inside...and it's just a new skybox and scaling for the standard mission types...with content island items.  Just because it can be sold as cool doesn't mean that it is delivered well.  

5) DE is composed of humans.  They can be overly ambitious.  They can have bad ideas, or bad execution.  You're welcome to argue whatever you want, but screaming that you aren't getting what you want because you don't think a thing is cool is...well it's what burns people out when you're just ignored.  I commend you on giving enough of a crap anymore to be angry...but does this game deserve that energy?  I'll tell you that my vehement defenses and scorn of it has dulled over time, because once you figure out that your anger changes nothing it's an epiphany that you can just disengage...and it's not the end of the world.  Lord knows the period from PoE to Deimos has seen less core content than a "live services" game should allow...but we're still here.

6) Finally...maybe have some constructive criticism.  "I don't like" is not a response.  If you want DE to respond then maybe couch your proposition in something attainable and message a developer on twitter with a proposal.  Forums are...based on how DE rolls...not the place to discuss anything with developers.  Wow....that's good to say, but hard to write.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-14 at 11:12 AM, master_of_destiny said:

where did I state that I think any of this was a good thing

Oh, I never meant to imply that.
... it might come off that way since DE is ungodly tone-deaf when it comes to that though, happens every now and again...

Rule of cool is entirely in the eye of the beholder

"It's subjective, so your argument is null" is often what I get from when it's brought up like that.

Maybe, but you must realize that while all sorts of people have different experiences and thus different looks on it?
There are logical "patterns" that can be used to help estimate how people will react to it.
Will it be perfect every time? No. Does it help in honing a better result? Yes.
Besides, if the subjective nature of things denied anything of relevancy?
The point of the forums becomes redundant because feedback is usually built ON such anyway.
It's how we FORM our opinions that matter more. Granted, in hindsight? Probably could've made the last comment of mine better. Oh well, it's already there so best to improve from before.

Maybe the "rule of cool" will work for the first 3 or so uses of something in Warframe... but after that, it starts wearing so thin that it becomes obnoxious.
Why would I use an Archgun when they're not only less powerful, but less diverse.
We got Mandonel last update and the only other "unique" gun I could think of was the Fluctus.
There was no reason to use the Imperator, Dual Decurion, Corvas, Velocitus, etc. when there's a Primary of each that's not only easier to get, but does better results.
Sure, Morgha, Mausolon and Cortege have some unique functions and Larkspur has that chaining beam... but they still often feel inferior, both in usage and result.

Summoning an Archgun at that point mainly devolves into...

• Do I need to level it?
  • Do I use to try fixing a bug? (More often than you'd think)
  • Is it the only option I have left?

... which aren't exactly situations I use for fun. I try, but it just doesn't work.
This is just one example. "Rule of Cool" is supposed to be engaging, yet DE keeps insisting otherwise.
The reason for that is because it wasn't good to begin with, it just sounds good.

The raw parkour gameplay is genuinely good. It keeps interest involved BECAUSE it's good.
Things like Gloom get boring because it's incredibly shallow as an ability. It's only used because it's so ungodly powerful, not because it's fun.

You never played PSO, did you

Are you referring to the first one or the second?

I am well aware the two are VASTLY different games.
I have not played the first, but I have looked at it from time to time.
PSO2 was quite grindy in a sense, I won't say it was anything close to perfection.
Rather, I enjoyed it for a similar reason to Warframe.

For what it did right? It did REALLY RIGHT.
When I went through the story? It was super shallow and I didn't like it right away.
... but I can't deny that as cliche as it was? I had a good time with it.
A lot of it boiled down to presentation and just... knowing when to be silly with it.
It was unapologetically corny at times and charming as a result.

The music is top-notch, SEGA simply cannot fail in the department-- no matter how bad their game is.
Seriously, that's kinda a constant for them. Respect to their music department, they know what they're doing.

Gameplay was as much as a cannon fodder spree as Warframe if you really got down to it.
The enemies had a lot more "reaction" to what you did though, often resulting in different AI depending on combat.
Breaking the fins of land sharks could make them slower in the sand or cracking the shells of crabs would make their spin attacks emit frothing bubbles.
Mechanical enemies sometimes left exhaust ports open after attacks that functioned as their weak points.
Not only did they all make sense in terms of actual combat, but also in terms of how they lived too.
Sure, elemental weaknesses existed too-- but it wasn't always just "Use Viral+Slash for everything", shocking a mechanical enemy would put it into a wild frenzy for instance.
Every enemy felt like a puzzle in a way, a simple puzzle but one you could integrate into bigger mechanics.

Combat also varied dramatically based on what you used.
While the weapons you used often got replaced for "the next big killstick", they were solid enough to be engaging.
The environment and enemies felt like they were made to counter specific things, intentionally so.
This encouraged players to be varied in what they pick, you could do it solo-- but it's more fun in a squad.
It's also why NGS failed on it's own, it forgot what made the base game interesting. (Though, there's a lot more to it. Greatly oversimplifying.)

I can't speak for PSO1- again, I haven't played it- but I have played PSO2. Both before and after NGS.
I sure can't go back to the game in it's current state (bittersweet as those memories of it were), but I know what made it enjoyable.
... and I mentioned it because there's a lot of things to learn from it that Warframe could benefit immensely from.
Warframe doesn't need to PSO2, I ain't asking that. I'm asking Warframe to kick it up a notch and do better.

PSO1 from what I heard was a lot more clunky, so I can safely say it's not as suitable for a game like Warframe. Still fun in it's own right, but not something I can see working for here.

Just because it can be sold as cool doesn't mean that it is delivered well.

Which is why an understanding of "what the hell are we doing with the game" is needed.

There is a reason why players feel like they understand the game better than the devs.
It's usually because those dedicated few actually LOOK into these things.
Often times out of passion and less because the paycheck required it.

As much as I disagreed with the notion of DE using the playerbase as their "play-testing"?
It does ring true. There's no better play-testers than those who... well.. PLAY the game.
Devs can only account for so much, so it's why player opinions ARE valued... or at least are supposed to be.

Which is why I'd be MORE than happy to fill in DE on any questions they'd have on the game if they asked.
"How are people enjoying parkour?", "What do you plan to do?"
I think the survey things are a good start, but they have the same flaws that surveys usually do.
You can often ask people who sincerely don't give a damn or just input "the funny answer" to be that guy.

Yeah, some people think I write walls of text-- you kinda need to if you want something to be known.
If we could upload information directly into people's heads? Schools would be HELLA out of business.

All these "rule of cool" things just feel like vague attempts to keep investors invested.
At the cost of sanity. Both in devs and players alike.

I get that though, you can't satisfy everyone and those investors don't really care.
"So why not look to those that DO care? Ask how they want it to work and try to emulate that?"
Again, kinda the reason the forums exist. Will we give a good answer? Probably not, but it's our job to make it as accurate as possible.
And for what it's worth? May as well give it a shot, I'd like a better time anyway.

screaming that you aren't getting what you want because you don't think a thing is cool is...well it's what burns people out when you're just ignored.

DE is a company though.

People communicate, exchanging information where it's needed.
Companies keep their secrets and produce questionable things.

If all I can do is scream into the abyss for a better game?
I'm going to spend the 15 minutes I would've used being annoyed at a Revenant... and instead point it towards somewhere more likely to make it better.
That being DE, who's job is making a game that is entertaining and engaging. Like any game.

While how they choose to do that is up to them, I also believe that for all the human mistakes they make?
They're capable of improving BECAUSE they're human.
If they've improved is arguable. Changed? Yes. Improved? Maybe.
I don't expect perfection from DE, rather I expect things that shouldn't be difficult (I.E. Auto Melee Toggle) to at least be done before it becomes a much bigger issue down the line.
... and we all know it WILL become an issue down the line. It isn't the first time- hell, beyond triple digits- it happened.

When I'm disappointed? It's not because they're doing things I don't like.
It's because the logic behind such is either left to guessing (which is never) or outright conflicting with things that already exist.
DE is a company, yes it's made of multiple people-- but those people need to WORK TOGETHER. To DO. A. JOB.
Group School Projects are infamous for a reason after all.

If they can't do their job, who's fault is that?
I don't work at Digital Extremes, so I can't say who's fault it is.
If I worked there? I would say who's it is, because a problem needs to be addressed.

but does this game deserve that energy?

It does until I find a better game to play.

... and if DE thinks the chance of a game better than Warframe showing up is "zero", the future is made so that anything can happne.
Small percentages to a degree where it'll never happen? Sure, but it's never "zero".

Especially if you get one dedicated person enough to say "This is stupid" and make their own.
Talent and skill are exceedingly scary things in the hand of someone with a capable toolkit.

"Divine might is scary, but nothing is scarier than a human with a fixated goal and the means to achieve it.
Worlds shatter when these beings arise, so while mortal-- sheer tenacity brought them the will to defy mythology with their own two hands."

If you want DE to respond then maybe couch your proposition in something attainable and message a developer on twitter with a proposal

I've been there, done that.

Won't be the last time either, I've made concepts on weaponry-- both ideas for new and polish for old.
I analyze, but I also adapt. If something changes, I go to see how will effect things beyond what initially changed.
These hedge-cases are often things DE can't always test for, so it's often how I find "what's intentional and what's not"... usually in a "quite obvious fashion."

I look at what DE has done and try to shape ideas or suggestions in ways that make sense to them.
Gunblades getting a reworked sounds like a big effort, but if I ask to only change two of the inputs? It's a lot more feasible.
Revenant getting nerfed isn't a huge deal. You can revert the changes that made him ungodly powerful and it's be perfectly fine. (I'll even add the details as to why.)

I am no stranger to articulating my thoughts, but there is a time where it feels like logic and kindness simply fails.
To that, what else do I resort to but emotion? It's been shown by them time and time again that DE only reacts to volatility and that's upsetting to me.
Hence, when I ask "Can you add a toggle for Auto-Melee?" and it's met with radio silence? How simple the fix must be makes me (understandably) livid.

I'm not asking for another Warframe rework here, Auto-Melee getting a toggle should've been something that was there to begin with.
DE is no stranger to Accessibility toggles, especially gameplay ones that impact a large portion of the game.
Such as "toggle to sprint" or "hold to mash key" things, it's not unthinkable to add one for Auto-Melee.

So, lately I've been saying to them:
"The more you don't, the harder it'll get.
There will come a point when it becomes a problem too big for you to reasonably fix and that will bite you hard in the future.
I'm not asking maliciously, I'm asking because I don't want to be the one saying 'I told you so' at the end.
It's just not fun anymore to say that, it's gotten stale.
... like the game."

TLDR: I wasn't exactly mad at you specifically for that, more that I think the way you described it doesn't exactly fit DE. I sent all my passive spite to them where it's earned, which is an unfortunate byproduct.

12 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Oh, I never meant to imply that.
... it might come off that way since DE is ungodly tone-deaf when it comes to that though, happens every now and again...

"It's subjective, so your argument is null" is often what I get from when it's brought up like that.

Maybe, but you must realize that while all sorts of people have different experiences and thus different looks on it?
There are logical "patterns" that can be used to help estimate how people will react to it.
Will it be perfect every time? No. Does it help in honing a better result? Yes.
Besides, if the subjective nature of things denied anything of relevancy?
The point of the forums becomes redundant because feedback is usually built ON such anyway.
It's how we FORM our opinions that matter more. Granted, in hindsight? Probably could've made the last comment of mine better. Oh well, it's already there so best to improve from before.

Maybe the "rule of cool" will work for the first 3 or so uses of something in Warframe... but after that, it starts wearing so thin that it becomes obnoxious.
Why would I use an Archgun when they're not only less powerful, but less diverse.
We got Mandonel last update and the only other "unique" gun I could think of was the Fluctus.
There was no reason to use the Imperator, Dual Decurion, Corvas, Velocitus, etc. when there's a Primary of each that's not only easier to get, but does better results.
Sure, Morgha, Mausolon and Cortege have some unique functions and Larkspur has that chaining beam... but they still often feel inferior, both in usage and result.

Summoning an Archgun at that point mainly devolves into...

• Do I need to level it?
  • Do I use to try fixing a bug? (More often than you'd think)
  • Is it the only option I have left?

... which aren't exactly situations I use for fun. I try, but it just doesn't work.
This is just one example. "Rule of Cool" is supposed to be engaging, yet DE keeps insisting otherwise.
The reason for that is because it wasn't good to begin with, it just sounds good.

The raw parkour gameplay is genuinely good. It keeps interest involved BECAUSE it's good.
Things like Gloom get boring because it's incredibly shallow as an ability. It's only used because it's so ungodly powerful, not because it's fun.

Are you referring to the first one or the second?

I am well aware the two are VASTLY different games.
I have not played the first, but I have looked at it from time to time.
PSO2 was quite grindy in a sense, I won't say it was anything close to perfection.
Rather, I enjoyed it for a similar reason to Warframe.

For what it did right? It did REALLY RIGHT.
When I went through the story? It was super shallow and I didn't like it right away.
... but I can't deny that as cliche as it was? I had a good time with it.
A lot of it boiled down to presentation and just... knowing when to be silly with it.
It was unapologetically corny at times and charming as a result.

The music is top-notch, SEGA simply cannot fail in the department-- no matter how bad their game is.
Seriously, that's kinda a constant for them. Respect to their music department, they know what they're doing.

Gameplay was as much as a cannon fodder spree as Warframe if you really got down to it.
The enemies had a lot more "reaction" to what you did though, often resulting in different AI depending on combat.
Breaking the fins of land sharks could make them slower in the sand or cracking the shells of crabs would make their spin attacks emit frothing bubbles.
Mechanical enemies sometimes left exhaust ports open after attacks that functioned as their weak points.
Not only did they all make sense in terms of actual combat, but also in terms of how they lived too.
Sure, elemental weaknesses existed too-- but it wasn't always just "Use Viral+Slash for everything", shocking a mechanical enemy would put it into a wild frenzy for instance.
Every enemy felt like a puzzle in a way, a simple puzzle but one you could integrate into bigger mechanics.

Combat also varied dramatically based on what you used.
While the weapons you used often got replaced for "the next big killstick", they were solid enough to be engaging.
The environment and enemies felt like they were made to counter specific things, intentionally so.
This encouraged players to be varied in what they pick, you could do it solo-- but it's more fun in a squad.
It's also why NGS failed on it's own, it forgot what made the base game interesting. (Though, there's a lot more to it. Greatly oversimplifying.)

I can't speak for PSO1- again, I haven't played it- but I have played PSO2. Both before and after NGS.
I sure can't go back to the game in it's current state (bittersweet as those memories of it were), but I know what made it enjoyable.
... and I mentioned it because there's a lot of things to learn from it that Warframe could benefit immensely from.
Warframe doesn't need to PSO2, I ain't asking that. I'm asking Warframe to kick it up a notch and do better.

PSO1 from what I heard was a lot more clunky, so I can safely say it's not as suitable for a game like Warframe. Still fun in it's own right, but not something I can see working for here.

Which is why an understanding of "what the hell are we doing with the game" is needed.

There is a reason why players feel like they understand the game better than the devs.
It's usually because those dedicated few actually LOOK into these things.
Often times out of passion and less because the paycheck required it.

As much as I disagreed with the notion of DE using the playerbase as their "play-testing"?
It does ring true. There's no better play-testers than those who... well.. PLAY the game.
Devs can only account for so much, so it's why player opinions ARE valued... or at least are supposed to be.

Which is why I'd be MORE than happy to fill in DE on any questions they'd have on the game if they asked.
"How are people enjoying parkour?", "What do you plan to do?"
I think the survey things are a good start, but they have the same flaws that surveys usually do.
You can often ask people who sincerely don't give a damn or just input "the funny answer" to be that guy.

Yeah, some people think I write walls of text-- you kinda need to if you want something to be known.
If we could upload information directly into people's heads? Schools would be HELLA out of business.

All these "rule of cool" things just feel like vague attempts to keep investors invested.
At the cost of sanity. Both in devs and players alike.

I get that though, you can't satisfy everyone and those investors don't really care.
"So why not look to those that DO care? Ask how they want it to work and try to emulate that?"
Again, kinda the reason the forums exist. Will we give a good answer? Probably not, but it's our job to make it as accurate as possible.
And for what it's worth? May as well give it a shot, I'd like a better time anyway.

DE is a company though.

People communicate, exchanging information where it's needed.
Companies keep their secrets and produce questionable things.

If all I can do is scream into the abyss for a better game?
I'm going to spend the 15 minutes I would've used being annoyed at a Revenant... and instead point it towards somewhere more likely to make it better.
That being DE, who's job is making a game that is entertaining and engaging. Like any game.

While how they choose to do that is up to them, I also believe that for all the human mistakes they make?
They're capable of improving BECAUSE they're human.
If they've improved is arguable. Changed? Yes. Improved? Maybe.
I don't expect perfection from DE, rather I expect things that shouldn't be difficult (I.E. Auto Melee Toggle) to at least be done before it becomes a much bigger issue down the line.
... and we all know it WILL become an issue down the line. It isn't the first time- hell, beyond triple digits- it happened.

When I'm disappointed? It's not because they're doing things I don't like.
It's because the logic behind such is either left to guessing (which is never) or outright conflicting with things that already exist.
DE is a company, yes it's made of multiple people-- but those people need to WORK TOGETHER. To DO. A. JOB.
Group School Projects are infamous for a reason after all.

If they can't do their job, who's fault is that?
I don't work at Digital Extremes, so I can't say who's fault it is.
If I worked there? I would say who's it is, because a problem needs to be addressed.

It does until I find a better game to play.

... and if DE thinks the chance of a game better than Warframe showing up is "zero", the future is made so that anything can happne.
Small percentages to a degree where it'll never happen? Sure, but it's never "zero".

Especially if you get one dedicated person enough to say "This is stupid" and make their own.
Talent and skill are exceedingly scary things in the hand of someone with a capable toolkit.

"Divine might is scary, but nothing is scarier than a human with a fixated goal and the means to achieve it.
Worlds shatter when these beings arise, so while mortal-- sheer tenacity brought them the will to defy mythology with their own two hands."

I've been there, done that.

Won't be the last time either, I've made concepts on weaponry-- both ideas for new and polish for old.
I analyze, but I also adapt. If something changes, I go to see how will effect things beyond what initially changed.
These hedge-cases are often things DE can't always test for, so it's often how I find "what's intentional and what's not"... usually in a "quite obvious fashion."

I look at what DE has done and try to shape ideas or suggestions in ways that make sense to them.
Gunblades getting a reworked sounds like a big effort, but if I ask to only change two of the inputs? It's a lot more feasible.
Revenant getting nerfed isn't a huge deal. You can revert the changes that made him ungodly powerful and it's be perfectly fine. (I'll even add the details as to why.)

I am no stranger to articulating my thoughts, but there is a time where it feels like logic and kindness simply fails.
To that, what else do I resort to but emotion? It's been shown by them time and time again that DE only reacts to volatility and that's upsetting to me.
Hence, when I ask "Can you add a toggle for Auto-Melee?" and it's met with radio silence? How simple the fix must be makes me (understandably) livid.

I'm not asking for another Warframe rework here, Auto-Melee getting a toggle should've been something that was there to begin with.
DE is no stranger to Accessibility toggles, especially gameplay ones that impact a large portion of the game.
Such as "toggle to sprint" or "hold to mash key" things, it's not unthinkable to add one for Auto-Melee.

So, lately I've been saying to them:
"The more you don't, the harder it'll get.
There will come a point when it becomes a problem too big for you to reasonably fix and that will bite you hard in the future.
I'm not asking maliciously, I'm asking because I don't want to be the one saying 'I told you so' at the end.
It's just not fun anymore to say that, it's gotten stale.
... like the game."

TLDR: I wasn't exactly mad at you specifically for that, more that I think the way you described it doesn't exactly fit DE. I sent all my passive spite to them where it's earned, which is an unfortunate byproduct.

Let me short this.  You seem to really think this forum will be read and acted upon.  You...may want to recalibrate that expectation.

You seem rational.  I'm glad we can have a discussion.  That said, I offer my perspective as warning after years of this...back when prime junk littered my inventory because the dozens of braton parts couldn't be sold to anyone and Baro didn't exist to trade.  The reliquary, an idea proposed years before it was implemented on Maru's relay, was an idea shared here...if that helps frame that it takes years for anything to be acted upon...because at the time "unvaultings" of 3 month made sense...until they had to do double unvaultings...where the cost was slightly less than a new prime access for 2 full frames and content packs...until DE walked that back with the much crappier (for value) regal aya.

PSO is...not a new game.  Phantasy Star has had many iterations.  I played on Gamecube with the expanded content of 1+2...though I'm aware of there being a more recent release.  I...well, I remember having an android and hiding in a corner to get a three round burst of the guns for next to no damage, skittering across and arena, and repeating.  This is while brain dead AI walked the shortest path between their spawn and my position...because most enemies were melee.  See below, the 10 minutes of gameplay versus the "Epic" Dreamcast sales pitch of the same content.

I...want to close with sorrow.  It's sad, but DE has not cared about individual input in years.  Unless you're a youtube personality, you're about as likely to be listened to as you are to ascend into the air under your own volition.   The community asks for cosmetics for prime access for years and it's impossible...until Jim Sterling asks for it.  Rhaetalius criticizes their moderators for being a clique, and DE pretends it's personally insulting until their entire community tells them that their response to facts is not rational...and they need to fix what he said.  A black market for rivens and price manipulation is discovered...and they pursue a ban on the person who scraped chat to demonstrate this because "he didn't follow rules" when they previously claimed nothing could be done to prove such a thing.  DE...has a history of not listening, because what they think is cool matters more than what us plebians want. 

A few years back this realization broke me...then the next one where people actually rewarded these decisions broke me further.  Today I cope by realizing that their 5 second loop of gameplay is rapidly being outdone...and the fishing mini-game isn't solving it.  As such they're bleeding...and people like Pablo can only patch things with their reworks.  In short order they'll shed all of the people who jumped aboard this game's train with PoE...and at that point they'll have to listen to the whales...who by this point largely are after core gameplay because it's why they started playing years ago.  I hope that then we'll get the pre-PoE DE back...who gave a crap about feedback.  Until then, it's just yelling into the void here...and I'm hoping that you realize I have nothing to gain by this sad realization.  This is meant to preserve the hope of better in someone else...because mine checked out.

On 2024-01-09 at 1:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Cross Platform Save Fixes: 

Can we please get an update as to how console players who cross-saved will once again be able to trade with their clan who didn't?  Locked out of trading with my entire clan and most of my friends that I play with.  Many of whom have no PC and will not link a pc account... are they going to be force (behind the scenes) enabled?

On 2024-01-09 at 7:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Topaz Archon Shard embed bonuses not triggering from enemies that were killed by the required conditions.  

• For example, if you killed an enemy with Electricity Damage, it would not trigger the embed bonus of gaining Ability Damage on enemies affected by Electricity Status. With this fix, if the killing blow was going to apply the required condition, it will count towards the embed bonus.

Could you clarify what is meant by this section?
Does the Ability Damage Bonus have to be "activated" in a way? Does it apply to enemies without the status effect afterwards for a time?

None of this is reflected in the Archon Shard description, is this a mistake in the patch notes or in the ingame description?