The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doubt regarding enemy status procs

NeverToReturn

Question

Hello again, and I hope everyone reads this has a good day.

Recently I've been struck with some doubt regarding the enemy mobs elemental procs and their damage, specifically related to shock, toxic and heat ones coming from their respective eximus unit and/or from corpus open world units. When struck by such procs, it wasn't rare for me to either die or be left with slivers of health, despite having around 600-700 health of my warframes on average (mainly playing vauban with no armor mods for clarity). Knowing the importance of shield gating, and somewhat understanding how it works (the more shield you have when it breaks the longer the shield gating lasts I think?), I've come to ask the following questions:

1) Do enemy status procs inflict % max health damage in addition to the proc value? This question comes from seeing enemy procs deal hundreds of damage per tick at around levels 20-30 (highest recorded mission level: 40-50. Fortuna)

2) Does armor reduce the damage taken from proc ticks? I assume I shouldn't use elemental resistance mods, so I ask this in case of doubt.

3) Are there any recommendations (early & late game) for preventing status procs from being applied or cleansing such procs before I get melted like a marshmallow?

These are the questions I need aid with. While I know the warframe wiki does exist, I prefer receiving answers from players, as there may be nuances I am missing. Overall, thank you for your aid and time. Wish you well.

7 answers to this question

1) Shock, Toxin, & Heat enemy procs' damage are based on their overall damage, which scales with their lvl, it's not % of your health

2) Armor reduces all damage, expect for True damage which bypasses all defenses

3) Depends on what you're getting hit with, if it's the fire blast from Arson Eximi, roll through the ring of fire

Toxin bypasses shields entirely, which can kill newer players pretty often

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

Rolling Guard removes status effects, Rapid Resilience helps by shortening the duration - ending the status effect before your shield gating invulnerability is over. There are also several subsumed abilities that can prevent status effects, like Spellbind.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Rolling Guard removes status effects, Rapid Resilience helps by shortening the duration - ending the status effect before your shield gating invulnerability is over. There are also several subsumed abilities that can prevent status effects, like Spellbind.

Dude, their obviously a pretty new player & you're telling them to play Arbitration to get Rolling Guard, & talking about Helminth abilities & the subsume system

Idk where OP is in the game, but that must be miles away

17 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Dude, their obviously a pretty new player & you're telling them to play Arbitration to get Rolling Guard, & talking about Helminth abilities & the subsume system

1 hour ago, NeverToReturn said:

Are there any recommendations (early & late game)

Rolling Guard is 13p right now, Rapid Resilience is 3p and drops from Corpus enemies. Helminth needs MR 8, that's nothing crazy.

1 hour ago, NeverToReturn said:

3) Are there any recommendations (early & late game) for preventing status procs from being applied or cleansing such procs before I get melted like a marshmallow?

For early game (which I'm qualifying as "before the second dream quest") Kullervo's Recompense, Rhino's Iron Skin, Nezha's Warding Halo, Harrow's Covenant, Revenant's Mesmer Skin, Nidus's Parasitic Link, Titania's Spellbind, Trinity's Link, and Valkyr's Hysteria can all provide status immunity while active, and Oberon's Hallowed ground provides in while standing on it.  Additionally Hildryn's Pillage Nezha's Firewalker, and Garuda's Bloodletting will cleanse status effects that are on you.  Lavos will both cleanse and gain a few seconds of immunity when picking up an energy or universal orb.  Nyx and Wukong can also get status immunity, but you're functionally locked out of normal gameplay while immune.

For mid to late game Qorvex's Disometric Guard, will prevent status effects, and there's a mod called Rolling Guard that can give you a cleanse and 3 seconds of status immunity on any 'Frame. 

Technically you could use Rolling Guard early game if you're willing to buy it from another player, Qorvex if you buy him from the market with plat, and a number of the abilities here can be moved to other 'Frames with the Helminth as well as the Helminth-unique ability Hideous Resistance.  There are also a number of ability augments that can give you status cleanse or immunity, but I'm too lazy to look all of them up. Also the wyrm sentinel has a precept called Negate that will prevent one status effect every 5 seconds

Edited by xXRampantXx

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

Idk where OP is in the game, but that must be miles away

Thanks for the concern, but no need to be aggravated about it <3
While yes I am very early in the game (MR7, didn't start War Within/Old/New War quests yet), I do know what Steel Path is, and do know i'm VERY far away from achieving it yet XD. Closest I can try to get is Helminth, but that's it for now. Couple more hundred hours of farming to get there :)

Still, thanks for the concern and care, its appreciated :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeverToReturn said:

2) Does armor reduce the damage taken from proc ticks? I assume I shouldn't use elemental resistance mods, so I ask this in case of doubt.

Steel Fiber (armor) will help a lot against everything against Slash procs, which bypass armor.  Redirection (shields) will help a lot against everything but Toxin procs, which bypass shields.  Adding more health from other mods will help some against everything.  Maxing your Vitality mod likewise, but only a tiny bit.  Vigor might be worthwhile to add, as it increases both health and shields.  There's Rapid Resiliance which helps against all status procs, not just damage...but doesn't help against direct damage.

I wouldn't use specific resistance mods normally, but maybe you could slot them when you're going up against specific enemies/bosses.

Personally I might go for Steel Fiber or Vigor out of those options.

However I'll point out that there are other things that can help.  Rolling reduces incoming damage by 75%, including ongoing proc damage.  Moving around a lot makes it more difficult for enemies to hit you  in the first place.  Just being more careful about getting in the firing lines of too many enemies at once can be big help.  And Vauban does have ability tools that can kill enemies or disable them.  So it adding more energy, efficiency, or range  and using abilities more strategically can have a dramatic effect.  Maybe the most dramatic effect.

• Like 1