Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames with no aura?

Himeric

Because of new Primes farm I start to play public missions, and noticed one thing - players without Aura mods. Not new players - about 16-18 Mastery rank, frames with 30 rank.

So, I now really curious why that happens? Something that give an advantage if not using any Auras? Or is it new UI bug that not show specific Aura mod?

Considering the number of lobbies I've had where it showed players with no Warframe, Aura, Primary, Secondary, Melee, or Pet? I'd say bug. Or maybe people are running incomplete builds. Probably a bug though 

• Like 1

I mean, it wasn't that difficult for me to progress through the early stages of the game without putting a single potato (or forma) on one of my frames for quite a while, well into fissure farming and other facets of content like arbis. People also do full dragon keys equipped. So letting the game gimp yourself isn't that rare. But the cases are very few and far in between.

What that issue you are describing sounds like is a bug if it is large enough to the point of posting on the forums instead of inquiring the individual about it, maybe cross-save bugged it out is my guess?

Edited by Numerounius

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I'll go with it's a bug, what sane-minded person would want less mod capacity on a frame?

maybe it's the start of a new endgame.. anti-modding. it may have started by a few crazed players who went mad during the Grendel missions and, upon realizing how much weaker they are without their mods, have vowed to remedy this by mastering the game with "naked" frames, that have no mods, no potatoes, no forma... the road is long and hard, but should they succeed, they will prove that "power" in the form of mods and builds is but an illusion.. that TRUE power lies in the self, and that silly, meaningless things like stat increases have no bearing on the true warrior. 

they will achieve that sacred state that lies beyond the void, beyond even Nirvana itself: the supreme state of being that is the realm of gods.

they will... have got gud

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

maybe it's the start of a new endgame.. anti-modding. it may have started by a few crazed players who went mad during the Grendel missions and, upon realizing how much weaker they are without their mods, have vowed to remedy this by mastering the game with "naked" frames, that have no mods, no potatoes, no forma... the road is long and hard, but should they succeed, they will prove that "power" in the form of mods and builds is but an illusion.. that TRUE power lies in the self, and that silly, meaningless things like stat increases have no bearing on the true warrior. 

they will achieve that sacred state that lies beyond the void, beyond even Nirvana itself: the supreme state of being that is the realm of gods.

they will... have got gud

I've been telling players that for years now, if you want hard enemies take off some/all of your mods and Master the way of the Nothingness following in its path to GiT GUDa! 

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Caliban. Has no aura, no charm, no charisma... nothing. Or if he does have aura, its negative aura... like anti-aura. This is a joke. 

Oh, you are talking about something else... 

Cmon now, you can’t joke with the truth 

• Like 2

I noticed a player recently without an aura, and after the mission I sent them a very kindly-worded message about how Aura's actually give players more mod points instead of taking them away.  I don't recall their exact words but their reply their reply seemed to be genuinely thankful, which suggests to me that at least in this case it wasn't a UI bug but was actually a player playing without an Aura.

It doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility that a significant amount of players would miss or misunderstand that Auras give points instead of removing them.

6 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I noticed a player recently without an aura, and after the mission I sent them a very kindly-worded message about how Aura's actually give players more mod points instead of taking them away.  I don't recall their exact words but their reply their reply seemed to be genuinely thankful, which suggests to me that at least in this case it wasn't a UI bug but was actually a player playing without an Aura.

It doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility that a significant amount of players would miss or misunderstand that Auras give points instead of removing them.

There is definitely a bug where the game just fails to display everything a teamate has equipped. I know for a fact cus I've seen it. I've seen players displayed as not having a pet equipped that had one. and I'm positive this applies to pretty much anything that can be displayed under a player's profile. I've also seen it happen with relics, which is extremely annoying when you're trying to do a relic share.

But yeah there's is always the possibility a player makes this mistake too. The game could do a lot more to actually inform players of this for both stances and auras. Just like so many other parts of the game that go entirely unexplained. Like another aspect of stances, damage multipliers, forced status procs, attack time, if it's a one handed, upper body, or full body animation exct. The game doesn't tell you any of that and it is the entire reason you'd pick one stance over another. Even tho they have the handy little combo drop down that could easily have that information.

On 2024-01-26 at 3:57 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Caliban. Has no aura, no charm, no charisma... nothing. Or if he does have aura, its negative aura... like anti-aura. This is a joke. 

Oh, you are talking about something else... 

Just because everyone forgot he existed, and they made him useless and unplayable for even non SP- doesn't mean you can treat him like this.

• Like 1