Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is syandana untradeable?

majorjohny

armor set, is tradeable

scenes, is tradeable

emote, is tradeable

syandana, is NOT tradeable

why?(also sigil, stencil and sculpture is untradeable )

I think it is not so technically difficult to switch as tradeable.

Hope DE changes it.😄

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

I assume you refer to Syndicate syndanas. If you make everything tradable there is no difference between players and their choices. Everything becomes the same.

And syndanas are the most important thing where players choice should matter! LMAO. Also may I remind you that real cash purchase is still a real thing, no use talking about in-game choices here, its already done for.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

Assuming it's only for syndicates ?

Pretty sure some of the cosmetics are also exclusive.

I personally don't have an issue either way , you can choose to switch syndicates (which does take a lot of time ) and get the syandana if you are absolutely sure you want it.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Assuming it's only for syndicates ?

Pretty sure some of the cosmetics are also exclusive.

I personally don't have an issue either way , you can choose to switch syndicates (which does take a lot of time ) and get the syandana if you are absolutely sure you want it.

Well it bothers me a great deal. First of all, because literally nothing else in there is untradable. And second of all, why the hell level up an entire syndicate (and lose the one you have) for a visual item? It makes no damn sense to me. Enjoy doing this with all syndicates if you are a completionist.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

29 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Well it bothers me a great deal. First of all, because literally nothing else in there is untradable. And second of all, why the hell level up an entire syndicate (and lose the one you have) for a visual item? It makes no damn sense to me. Enjoy doing this with all syndicates if you are a completionist.

It's less infeasible than it sounds. I've swapped syndicates a handull of times. Once you have everything there is to get in a syndicate there's little to no reason not to switch to one you don't.

Most of the syndicate syandanas are pretty ugly anyways. The only ones I think are really worth using are Cephlon Suda's, Red Veil's, and Steel Meridian's.
And you can get all 3 of them in one batch by pledging to Steel meridian and doing Cephalon suda missions.

The arbiters one might be kindof cool if you use a greatsword and angled the holster to slot it into the syandana. Otherwise it just looks cheesy. But custom holster angles look really trash when the weapon is equipped on other frames.

Really tho, They're all pretty inconsequential. You'll ether play long enough to get them eventually, Collect enough better looking syandanas that the syndicate ones become more or less obsolete, or quit the game so early that it never mattered to begin with.

Edited by PollexMessier

42 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

It's been a while since I had to trade anything other than augments ,

They may have changed it recently but most of the cosmetics were unreadable .

I switched from left to right 2 times , each time it was for some exclusive cosmetics.

Of course you can do it if you want, but why the hell is it even a thing? Thats the point. You can share literally power (mods) and the (fully crafted!!) flagship weapons with anyone outside of your syndicate, but you cant share a piece of cloth? Its more ridiculous every time I think about it. I would udnerstand if it was the other way around aka "do you want some high end gear? Invest time and resources into this syndicate", but this is just nonsense.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

47 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Of course you can do it if you want, but why the hell is it even a thing? Thats the point. You can share literally power (mods) and the (fully crafted!!) flagship weapons with anyone outside of your syndicate, but you cant share a piece of cloth? Its more ridiculous every time I think about it. I would udnerstand if it was the other way around aka "do you want some high end gear? Invest time and resources into this syndicate", but this is just nonsense.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the game does a LOT to try and manipulate or outright force players to login for as many days and as frequently as it can get away with. This raises the game up on the steam charts, getting the game more attention, getting more players, and more money. And is also what's called a habit forming tactic. Ingrains the game into your behavior to a point where you start to do it on autopilot more than a desire to actually play. Or worse case, form a neurotic compulsion to continue playing because you HAVE to do those dailies! long after you've stopped enjoying the game entirely.

Live service gaming model in a nutshell. It's god awful, but that's why. That's the point of this sort of mechanic.

11 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the game does a LOT to try and manipulate or outright force players to login for as many days and as frequently as it can get away with. This raises the game up on the steam charts, getting the game more attention, getting more players, and more money. And is also what's called a habit forming tactic. Ingrains the game into your behavior to a point where you start to do it on autopilot more than a desire to actually play. Or worse case, form a neurotic compulsion to continue playing because you HAVE to do those dailies! long after you've stopped enjoying the game entirely.

Live service gaming model in a nutshell. It's god awful, but that's why. That's the point of this sort of mechanic.

If it was like that, wouldnt it still make more sense to have everything untradable instead of just select items that players literally dont need for anything?

The Kubrow Mafia have collaborated with the Riven Mafia in an attempt to suppress the Prime Parts trading Mafia from gaining a foothold in their territories, but forcing DE to force Syndicate Syandana's to be unable to trade, so that normal folk have to use their standing in order to get such cosmetics rather than using them for Relic Packs, which would give them more access to Prime Parts, which they can do use for trading, to get Plat, which would only benefit the Prime Parts Mafia... no wait, I think they got that backwards, the Arcane Energise Mafia and their collaboration with the Prime Parts trading Mafia, is responsible in their ongoing street wars to take down the Dons of the Kavat Breeding Mafia and the Cetus Fish Mafia, because they are secretly importing special, addictive and illegal Kuva flavoured Nakak Pearls. Therefore Konzu, who is in on this operation, per his "early lunch" which is just a code for hardcore drug use, is passing on illicit info to Little Duck, who is also involved, and secretly masterminding this whole operation with Varzia, because they are trying to manipulate the Aya trade, in order to get more Plat to buy those new Legendary Melee Arcanes, to sell before the eventual update that makes them easier to farm. 

Its basically one big criminal conspiracy, like the Sopranos and Blues Clues. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its basically one big criminal conspiracy, like the Sopranos and Blues Clues. 

you forgot to mention the Lich Trading Mafia. they also make much of their income off of the Vengeful ephemeras as well as high % roll Kuva/Tenet weapons, so they are huge players in the cosmetic trading market.

because you forgot to mention them, you may now find yourself waking up next to a severed Kaithe head... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

you forgot to mention the Lich Trading Mafia. they also make much of their income off of the Vengeful ephemeras as well as high % roll Kuva/Tenet weapons, so they are huge players in the cosmetic trading market.

because you forgot to mention them, you may now find yourself waking up next to a severed Kaithe head... 

Ah yes, too true. The Lich Trading Mafia having so much power in such situations, also explains why the Kuva Collection is like the most expensive bundle in the game (probably). You'd think they would prefer not being mentioned, but this is Warframe, where notoriety is as much a currency as the lives they fiddle with, abuse and discard!! Grim stuff. Like Sin City, or Sesame Street, grim! 

Or even worse, they might delete all my Warframes except Caliban. Surely the greatest of all punishments. 

11 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

If it was like that, wouldnt it still make more sense to have everything untradable instead of just select items that players literally dont need for anything?

That's a matter of reputation. You can only psychologically abuse your players so much before their disdain for the game and/or the developers overcomes their compulsion to play it.

This is why DE alternates between extremely controversial updates and huge Qol patches. Player retention also dies if the game has too many systems that disrespect the player's time to put up with.

Plus. allowing some items to be tradable has it's own benefit. Players will buy platinum to trade with other players.

The syandanas being un-tradeable creates a reason for players to spend an exorbitant amount of time going through all of the syndicates, while the tradable stuff from them puts more money in DE's pockets and makes them look good at the same time.