Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A list of buffs you don't want to be affected with in the loadout

Nikbis

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If you don't want or need the team buffs, then you don't really want or need the team. And there is a solution for that.

Don’t say it, don’t you say it

• Like 1

I'd like the option to toggle of frame buffs per buff and frame in options.

Volt speed, Wisp speed+shock, Rev mesmer skin, Harrow crit buff, elemental buffs from augments from ember, frost, gauss and so on. All things that can be very detrimental to a loadout build. Screwing up anything from the weapon choice to arcanes and modding, or simply just a hindrance to the mission overall *cough*shockmote*cough*.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If you don't want or need the team buffs, then you don't really want or need the team. And there is a solution for that.

I'm always happy to get a Roar, or Eclipse, or literally ANY OTHER BUFF that doesn't give me move speed induced whiplash.

Not my fault that 2/3rds of Wisp's buffs are annoying as hell.

• Like 2

Couldn't you backflip out of Volt's Speed or something? I def recall a way to cancel it at one point.

I honestly don't care much. Even when volt speed gets so high you start this bouncy float running.
Can't wait to see how that interacts with changing object collision.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Couldn't you backflip out of Volt's Speed or something? I def recall a way to cancel it at one point.

Still works if I’m not mistaken. The only thing that sucks is the instant boost of speed screwing your momentum/rhythm. My friend purposely did that when I’m about to bullet jump off a ledge, I become too fast and run right off the edge. 
Plus… I’m not the best at backflips, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Still works if I’m not mistaken. The only thing that sucks is the instant boost of speed screwing your momentum/rhythm. My friend purposely did that when I’m about to bullet jump off a ledge, I become too fast and run right off the edge. 
Plus… I’m not the best at backflips, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. 

Friend trolls are great. I remember using Valkyr's Ripline on a friend who kept trying to fish in Plains.

Stugg was my original troll. The weapon had massive screen shake and sticks to players/enemies so I'd just shoot my friends and watch them walk into walls because they couldn't see. This was before bullet jumping and such made it easier to get away. The Nova Portal loop was great fun too.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The Nova Portal loop was great fun too.

Ah yes, I used to have a loadout specifically for trolling my friend

Nova for portal+Limbo banish. He had the same idea but preferred Volt+Limbo banish. Ahh the good old days of not being remotely “productive” in this game and just having stupid fun. 

Yeah, you can turn it off, it called Solo play. If you don't want coo-oop experience in a co-op game, you can still play by yourself or with friends. Next time what do you gonna complain? Other player fashion/loadout hurt your eyes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aruquae said:

But… his buff comes after devouring attrition

Either I did some testing with his Ult and normal devouring attrition (no fire rate buff) on my Phenmor. He adds crit after devouring attrition. 

I'm not sure how that would work.  Like, if Retaliation is active, the game first rolls to see if Devouring Attrition would be successful without it?  And then...a Devouring Attrition hit can crit due to Covenant's bonus?  Or does it just allow unsuccessful DA hits to crit?

Anyway, with some light testing with Phenmor, I'm not seeing any  Devouring Attrition crits, and the Retaliation buff on a higher crit chance build appears to throttle DA hits.  Down to 0% with enough crit chance.

39 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not sure how that would work.  Like, if Retaliation is active, the game first rolls to see if Devouring Attrition would be successful without it?  And then...a Devouring Attrition hit can crit due to Covenant's bonus?  Or does it just allow unsuccessful DA hits to crit?

Anyway, with some light testing with Phenmor, I'm not seeing any  Devouring Attrition crits, and the Retaliation buff on a higher crit chance build appears to throttle DA hits.  Down to 0% with enough crit chance.

With devouring attrition, my Phenmor would do around 120k, adding Harrow (without any crit mods) makes it do around 200k. 
Maybe it’s like Garuda’s passive? Added after everything else

Edited by Aruquae

5 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

With devouring attrition, my Phenmor would do around 120k, adding narrow (without any crit mods) makes it do around 200k. 

Not sure what you mean.  Did you mean to say "adding Harrow"?

8 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Maybe it’s like Garuda’s passive? Added after everything else

If so, the Retaliation buff wouldn't block out Attrition hits.  And afaict it is.  I'd suggest testing again.   For simplicity's sake,  using Harrow himself as a control is best, with and without Covenant, as it's less likely to bring outside factors into it.  I also think it'll be more clear to look at body shots, as orange crit headshots with high crit damage can exceed 21x damage.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

adding Harrow"

Stupid spell check, Yes I meant Harrow mb 

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

If so, the Retaliation buff wouldn't block out Attrition hits.  And afaict it is.  I'd suggest testing again.   For simplicity's sake,  using Harrow himself as a control is best, with and without Covenant, as it's less likely to bring outside factors into it.  I also think it'll be more clear to look at body shots, as orange crit headshots with high crit damage can exceed 21x damage.

Maybe I’m losing my mind. I shall test it later

Edited by Aruquae