Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish we had an Orowyrm mission specific mode ..

magusat999

Edit:

I posted this in ignorance that the Orowyrm is in Lone Story! Sorry folks - at least the mode Im talking about is indeed in the game!😅

----------End edit----------------------------

Going to the Undercroft, waiting for players to finish putterung around is so annoying. I wish there was a mode that as each mission towards the Orowyrm is finished, players have a timer to the next - for people who are there to fight the Orowyrm only!

There should be a seperate Experience where you can just bump around with no push to missions, a regular open workd; and a seperate one that is the fight to the Orowyrm.

Before any of these "suggestions" are posted, nobody should be restricted or have to do something extra. I think we should all be able to log into a mode like normal and play without any of these:

Solo. We should have a public mide as described and not forced to go solo

Invite only. Again, sure we can invite but we shouldnt HAVE TO. This should be a public mode.

Recruit. We should not gave to sit in recruit. We should have a mode.

Begging - we shouldnt have to beg other players to play the mission. It really should be on those NOT playing the mission who should speak up abd tell others they are there to gather resources, not fight the Orowyrm.

Once someone enters the Undercroft, there shoukd be a countdown - but that only happens if two players enter. So, the way it is niw you can be stuck there as long as it takes for the others to decide to start the mission. That wouldnt happen with a timer starting even if one is there. Lets seperate the putterers from the mission players!?!?

Edited by magusat999
unfinished

11 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Going to the Undercroft, waiting for players to finish putterung around is so annoying. I wish there was a mode that as each mission towards the Orowyrm is finished, players have a timer to the next - for people who are there to fight the Orowyrm only!

It is called Lone Story.

12 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Once someone enters the Undercroft, there shoukd be a countdown - but that only happens if two players enter.

Not in Lone Story. 1 player is enough to start the countdown.

• Like 1

it sounds like you want public players to always go at your pace. have you ever tried herding cats? that's 100 times easier than trying to herd people in public. I'll agree that an Orowyrm boss node would be great, especially for efficient Pathos Clamp farming, but that's probably also the reason DE disn't add one: they don't want people famrign all their clamps in a day and complaining about having nothing to do afterwards.

7 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Before any of these "suggestions" are posted, nobody should be restricted or have to do something extra. I think we should all be able to log into a mode like normal and play without any of these:

just because you don't agree with a suggestion, that doesn't make it NOT a suggestion. it just makes it one you won't use, even if you probably should.

8 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Solo. We should have a public mide as described and not forced to go solo

public is as public says. if anything I'd argue it's people that don't seem to grasp the meaning of the word in this context. public is your way of saying "match me with literally anyone".

10 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Invite only. Again, sure we can invite but we shouldnt HAVE TO. This should be a public mode.

you don't have to invite anyone. you can solo it or go public.

11 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Recruit. We should not gave to sit in recruit

granted, there aren't nearly as many people looking to fight the Orowyrm these days, so you probably won't find all that many people in recruit chat anyhow. in this circumstance Recruit chat likely isn't helpful, but then you never really know if you don't ask.

it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it, by goign into a public game, everybody doing everything as you expect as quickly as possible and finishing the Orowyrm without any hiccups. we all wish life would go that smoothly, but that isn't how life works. I'd argue Orowyrm is one of the easiest bosses in the game to solo, especially on normal, but then I have run it a LOT of times, so I could be biased. 

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

It is called Lone Story.

Not in Lone Story. 1 player is enough to start the countdown.

Edit - I was arguing the Orowyrm is not in Lone Story, but apparently I was wrong, so Im changing my reply to thanks! I never saw Orowrym there, so I assumed it was always in Experience only. Well, that answers that!

Edited by magusat999
dumb response by me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it sounds like you want public players to always go at your pace. have you ever tried herding cats? that's 100 times easier than trying to herd people in public. I'll agree that an Orowyrm boss node would be great, especially for efficient Pathos Clamp farming, but that's probably also the reason DE disn't add one: they don't want people famrign all their clamps in a day and complaining about having nothing to do afterwards.

just because you don't agree with a suggestion, that doesn't make it NOT a suggestion. it just makes it one you won't use, even if you probably should.

public is as public says. if anything I'd argue it's people that don't seem to grasp the meaning of the word in this context. public is your way of saying "match me with literally anyone".

you don't have to invite anyone. you can solo it or go public.

granted, there aren't nearly as many people looking to fight the Orowyrm these days, so you probably won't find all that many people in recruit chat anyhow. in this circumstance Recruit chat likely isn't helpful, but then you never really know if you don't ask.

it sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it, by goign into a public game, everybody doing everything as you expect as quickly as possible and finishing the Orowyrm without any hiccups. we all wish life would go that smoothly, but that isn't how life works. I'd argue Orowyrm is one of the easiest bosses in the game to solo, especially on normal, but then I have run it a LOT of times, so I could be biased. 

I got the answer, Lone Story. I never saw an Orowrym fight there, so I thought it was only in Experience! So, yes I can have all the cake and eat ut too! And frosting on my face! Yummy!

Edited by magusat999
wrong
  • Like 2