Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Yareli augment looks to be really good...

Hexerin

bbeaa8eadee8627f5754323a34cb6741.png

It fixes my core problem with Yareli (I hate K-Drive controls). Having access to her primary and melee is nice, but you'll still mostly use secondary due to her passive. I wonder if this will end up being the better augment than Merulina Guardian, or if Merulina Guardian will still be superior (the fire rate and reload speed buffs are really strong).

I'm assuming the Sea Snares that Merulina will be casting are individual bubbles on single targets. If she actually casts the full ability, however, then that makes Sea Snares a freebie to Helminth over. Will be interesting to see how this part ends up working. I also wonder if the cooldown will be affected by ability stats in any way.

I'm curious how this augment will interact with the Aquablades augment (Surging Blades). Will it still consider Yareli as "riding" Merulina so long as Merulina is active? Or does Loyal Merulina disable the free cast part of Surging Blades? Testing must be done!

@Skoomaseller Curious on your thoughts on this new augment.

• Like 4

As somebody said once "The best way to play Yareli is not playing Yareli". Glad I am one of the leasts who engages with her k-drive gameplay as it should. Separating her from Merulina not only turns her into a generic frame, but also makes her quest and lore completely irrelevant.

Edited by Rigtis
Typo
  • Like 13

Thanks I hate it, Despite people hating K-drive, I love the mini game in it, and I became quite handy with controlling merulina, this augment is not for me, but I understand why it exists.

still, I can use it if I want to use primaries every now and then with Yareli, Merulina Guardian is for me, far superior.

• Like 6

hace 1 minuto, Qorvex99 dijo:

Thanks I hate it, Despite people hating K-drive, I love the mini game in it, and I became quite handy with controlling merulina, this augment is not for me, but I understand why it exists.

still, I can use it if I want to use primaries every now and then with Yareli, Merulina Guardian is for me, far superior.

Yeah, Yareli is supposed to be the champion of k-drive and an idol for the Ventkids. I consider this augment a joke because is like they are telling us "Oh, so you suck at k-drive? No worries, just hop off and drag it around".

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Yeah, Yareli is supposed to be the champion of k-drive and an idol for the Ventkids. I consider this augment a joke because is like they are telling us "Oh, so you suck at k-drive? No worries, just hop off and drag it around".

It's not a matter of skill. K-Drive uses what is known as "float control", which is pretty much universally terrible (and why basically no games use it).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I'm still going to use Merulina guardian, this new augment was made for people that don't like K-drive 

Absolutely. And I just started using Yareli more (had her for a while collecting dust) and she’s a blast. Just have to get better riding merulina. I find players just don’t like anything that they suck at, which is normal I guess.

• Like 3

hace 4 minutos, Hexerin dijo:

It's not a matter of skill.

Actually it is, because just like happened with Titania at release, it requires practice to get the hang of it, so even if k-drives controls are awful at first glance, is still not impossible. Yareli is fine as she is, just not for the average player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Actually it is, because just like happened with Titania at release, it requires practice to get the hang of it, so even if k-drives controls are awful at first glance, is still not impossible. Yareli is fine as she is, just not for the average player.

Float control, by definition, inhibits the expression of skill. There's a reason it's not used in games anymore (and hasn't been for decades).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It's not a matter of skill. K-Drive uses what is known as "float control",

the amount of bugs and arbitrary limitations that exist because of k-drive make her borderline unplayable for me to the point where I overwrote her kdrive on all 3 of her configs with different survivability skills to try squeeze some small amount normal fun out of her!

I have asked for the pet augment on here multiple times and been met with resistance and I also asked every time the topic cropped up on reddit so I am super happy they are finally giving me a playstyle option for yareli and if other people like limited "skill" kdrive I am happy for you and feel like this can only be a good thing that we both have a playstyle for a warframe we want to use?

people constantly complain about augments being "bandaid patches" and they were meant to give playstyles, this augment gives exactly that ! you guys can continue to kdrive, we can chose to use this augment and not !

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

the amount of bugs and arbitrary limitations that exist because of k-drive make her borderline unplayable for me to the point where I overwrote her kdrive on all 3 of her configs with different survivability skills to try squeeze some small amount normal fun out of her!

I have asked for the pet augment on here multiple times and been met with resistance and I also asked every time the topic cropped up on reddit so I am super happy they are finally giving me a playstyle option for yareli and if other people like limited "skill" kdrive I am happy for you and feel like this can only be a good thing that we both have a playstyle for a warframe we want to use?

people constantly complain about augments being "patches" and they were meant to give playstyles, this augment gives exactly that ! you guys can continue to kdrive, we can chose to use this augment and not !

Yup, this is exactly what augments should be. Fundamental changes to how an ability works, to allow for alternative playstyles.

• Like 5

il y a 27 minutes, Hexerin a dit :

It's not a matter of skill

It is. definitely. There is the bugs and too narrow areas, but k-drives controls in themselves are perfectly fine. 

It's a bit sad to kill the frame core identity, augment of not, but it's the price to pay to get some peace with it I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Curious on your thoughts on this new augment.

I have run into and discussed this with Skoomaseller on here before

I specifically remember I asked for it to be press for kdrive and hold for just the defense part.

they will not be happy players have options, options that don't have to effect themselves at all.

Edited by _Anise_

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

bbeaa8eadee8627f5754323a34cb6741.png

It fixes my core problem with Yareli (I hate K-Drive controls). Having access to her primary and melee is nice, but you'll still mostly use secondary due to her passive. I wonder if this will end up being the better augment than Merulina Guardian, or if Merulina Guardian will still be superior (the fire rate and reload speed buffs are really strong).

I'm assuming the Sea Snares that Merulina will be casting are individual bubbles on single targets. If she actually casts the full ability, however, then that makes Sea Snares a freebie to Helminth over. Will be interesting to see how this part ends up working. I also wonder if the cooldown will be affected by ability stats in any way.

sigh

if people do not like kdrives and the jank it comes with, they are better off playing another frame. Nezha or Rhino or whatever. 

The K-Drive, Merulina, is integral to Yareli's identity, her whole gimmick and reason for existing. Having her not ride it at all just muddies her identity and defeats the purpose of making Yareli/Merulina in the first place. So now, should she become popular as a result of this augment, it's no longer "oh she's the kdrive frame", it's "oh she's a great frame but you need the augment to disable her gimmick". 

it's unfortunate that DE decided to cater to them instead of, yknow, allowing primary use on Merulina, fixing the bugs, etc...

ah... whatever. evidently no one really cares (see usage chart), not even DE themselves (see bugs).

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm curious how this augment will interact with the Aquablades augment (Surging Blades). Will it still consider Yareli as "riding" Merulina so long as Merulina is active? Or does Loyal Merulina disable the free cast part of Surging Blades? Testing must be done!

@Skoomaseller Curious on your thoughts on this new augment.

given that she isn't actually riding merulina it's likely that Surging Blades will cost energy, along with not being able to move while casting her 1, 3 and 4.

you also probably won't be able to utilize the crazy DPS boost from Merulina Guardian, but this assumes that Merulina is invincible with this augment. 

EDIT (before anyone gets any funny ideas): No I am not mocking people who don't want to use Merulina as it is. I totally get that. My gripe has more to do with DE just doing literally nothing about kdrives. Apologies if I came off as arrogant, that was not my intention. I am just... so damn tired, being completely ignored ad infinitum. 

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

along with not being able to move while casting her 1, 3 and 4.

they already said on devsteam they are removing the rooting potions of abilities

but this assumes that Merulina is invincible with this augment. 

in the gameplay clip they showed she gave the defense buff and had a HP just like when riding on.

if people do not like kdrives and the jank it comes with, they are better off playing another frame. Nezha or Rhino or whatever. 

I completely disagree but I would like to hear a good reason why you think this ?

Edited by _Anise_

i didn't watch the devstream because it went live at 2am where i am

they already said on devsteam they are removing the rooting potions of abilities

excellent

in the gameplay clip they showed she gave the defense buff and had a HP just like when riding on.

very well, so merulina guardian works. so essentially it's riding merulina but not really.

the logical conclusion is that surging blades will probably cost 0 energy to cast as well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Yup, this is exactly what augments should be. Fundamental changes to how an ability works, to allow for alternative playstyles.

while I don't like that this augment will soon exist, this is 100% correct lmao

• Like 3

I dont think they showed surging blades but that would be a good assumption it would work, though I can't say I ever liked that ability? it feels bad in a world where hold E to melee exists ( which you will atually be able todo with this augment as yareli! and I love how much options this opens up for her )

I don't recall any mention if you could use guardian augment aswell but I guess maybe ? because they did go out of their way to say I think a new nidus augment was mutuality elusive with another augment

another good thing is her casting sea snares automatically on enemies near you meaning you still get the damage buff / cc while having snares so you can overwrite the ability with helminth and continue to have access her full kit

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

No. It's a mixed bag.

It's partly skill in mastering movement on Yareli, and partly fighting the tileset itself, because even a Yareli main like myself can recognize the fact that normal tilesets were not created with vehicle use in mind. It's yet another case of poor execution of a neat idea by DE. 

I have asked DE countless times to at the very least reduce her hitbox height like they did with necramechs only for it to fall on deaf ears. Instead they made this augment which doesn't actually solve the problem. 

sigh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

you also probably won't be able to utilize the crazy DPS boost from Merulina Guardian, but this assumes that Merulina is invincible with this augment. 

11 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

very well, so merulina guardian works. so essentially it's riding merulina but not really.

You can't equip multiple augments to the same ability, so you won't be able to use Merulina Guardian while using Loyal Merulina.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You can't equip multiple augments to the same ability, so you won't be able to use Merulina Guardian while using Loyal Merulina.

Ah, missed that first sentence in the mod description. Very well, you give up the DPS boost and ability to heal Merulina but gain full access to your arsenal. 

Wonder if you still get invulnerability while casting and recasting/"dismounting". Probably yes, should work the same as Nezha's Warding Halo/Rhino's Iron Skin. 

Edited by Skoomaseller

4 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I have asked DE countless times to at the very least reduce her hitbox height like they did with necramechs only for it to fall on deaf ears. Instead they made this augment which doesn't actually solve the problem. 

sigh

the 2023 stats are out and Yareli useage is abysmal, Dageth that has been out a fraction of the time Yareli has is already almost caught upto her usage statistics for 2023, I think they listened to the people interested in Yareli and most of the echo chamber is about how much people dislike kdrive

• Like 1

Yeah, Yareli has problems but a Band-Aid augment for a setup non yareli players been deluding themselves as the ultimate solution to her downsides that completely spits on what makes her unique ain't it.

• Like 3