Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I seem to Remember Creeping Terrify with 100% Armor Strip Could.. 100% Armor Strip?

On 2024-02-24 at 4:17 AM, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Since certain enemies even at 16 corrosive stacks and using corrosive projection have armor.

This one specifically, some enemies count as having more than 100% armor. This is most common in sorties with that "enemy augmented armor" buff -- four corrosive projections might reduce their armor by 120%, but that's down from a starting value of 200%

They really need to make all armor strip abilities just have the same list of enemies that they do and don't work on.
Maybe give some of the more single target ones a longer list just for balance reasons but I'd rather they all just work on the same stuff.
It's impossible to keep track of this inconsistent crap and there's no reason for it to be like this.

Edited by PollexMessier

53 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The most fundamental difference (and the only difference that matters to 99% of players) is that armor strip is permanent, while armor reduction is temporary.

Seeking Shuriken is temporary and strips Acolytes though.  I think Psychic Bolts too, though it's been so long since I've played Nyx I could be misremembering.

53 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

There's a bunch of other things as well, but those are source-dependent and we'd be here all day if we were to discuss it thoroughly.

Just, like, the three top line items with no thorough discussion, maybe?  Because I've never encountered this distinction before.

Edited by Tiltskillet

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Seeking Shuriken is temporary and strips Acolytes though.  I think Psychic Bolts too, though it's been so long since I've played Nyx I could be misremembering.

Just, like, the three top ones, maybe?  Because I've never encountered this distinction before.

Hmm... An excuse to rebuild my Nyx and take her out for a spin? Sure, why not.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

What I was referring to was your supposed difference between "Armor Reduction" and "Armor Strip".

There is no such distinction between the two terms. The game uses them interchangeably, but typically defaults to armor reduction.

So let's have a list of armor strips and see what terms are used so we can see if there's a meaningful difference between "Armor Reduction" and "Armor Strip".

Seeking Shuriken: Temporary, description uses the term "Reduces", ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Sonic Fracture: Permanent, description uses the term "Reduces", ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Fusion Strike: Permanent, description uses the term "strip", ability stats use "Debuff Amount" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction
Rakhali's Cavalry: Permanent, description uses the term "Strip", ability stats use "Defense Reduction" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction
Fireblast: Permanent, description uses the term "Strip", ability stats use "Armor Reduction"
Avalanche: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Thermal Sunder: Permanent, ability tips use the term "Strip"
Pulverize: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Regurgitate: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Pillage: Permanent, description uses the term "Pillage". Ability stats use "Drain" in reference to the armor reduction.
Polarize: Permanent, description uses the term "Deplete"
Fracturing Crush: Permanent, description uses the term "Decreases", ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Terrify: Temporary, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Psychic Bolts: Temporary, description uses the term "Strips", ability stats use the term "Defense Reduction" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction.
Reckoning: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Tharros Strike: Permanent, uses the term "Reduce" in flavor text, ability stats use "Defense Reduction" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction.
Abating Link: Temporary, description uses the term "Reduces", ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Bastille: Permanent, description uses the term "Stripping", ability stats use the term "Debuff Amount" in reference to its Armor Reduction.
Jahu Canticle: Permanent, description uses the term "Reduces" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction.
Caustic Strike: Permanent, description uses the term "Stripping" in reference to its Armor Reduction.
The Lost: Temporary, ability stats use "Defense Reduction" in reference to its Shield and Armor Reduction.

So your distinction is not supported by at all by the game terms. We have permanent removal that uses the term "Reduction" and temporary ones that use the term "Strip"

So when you say

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Frost's Avalanche is armor strip. Nekros's Terrify is armor reduction.

You are talking out of your ass.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Hmm... An excuse to rebuild my Nyx and take her out for a spin? Sure, why not.

27 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Psychic Bolts fully strips Acolytes (when modded for a full strip).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Just, like, the three top line items with no thorough discussion, maybe?  Because I've never encountered this distinction before.

39 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Psychic Bolts fully strips Acolytes (when modded for a full strip).

Can also confirm, Psychic Bolts works on Acolytes.

5 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Pulverize: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"
Regurgitate: Permanent, ability stats use the term "Armor Reduction"

Not realy, after one of the last two hotfixes even after regurgitate or purlverize enemy gets its armor back after few seconds, but in my cases there always were corrosive stacks on side involved too. Which led me to think that script errors are at play.

34 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Not realy, after one of the last two hotfixes even after regurgitate or purlverize enemy gets its armor back after few seconds, but in my cases there always were corrosive stacks on side involved too. Which led me to think that script errors are at play.

Are you (or a squadmate) using Corrosive Projection along with +max Corrosive Stacks Archon Shards (or Hydroid)? Because if so, this is a bug Reported here:

Edited by Arbitrary
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Are you (or a squadmate) using Corrosive Projection along with +max Corrosive Stacks Archon Shards (or Hydroid)? Because if so, this is a bug Reported here:

Its more about archon shards it seems. Since in solo armor strip acts up once corrosive stacks come into equation.

I'm 99% sure when I hit Nekros's Terrify that they run away as red HP bars fully stripped unless in the last two or three months something has changed because last time I played Nekro's it was a one press 100% armour strip run like hell.

I will relook at my config when I login in tomorrow.

edit:
p.s. no shards at all on Nekro's.

Edit:
Nekros 100% armour strip on one button press but I've never noticed it only lasts as long as the ability is running, once the timer runs out they get back their armour, the only reason I've never noticed in the past is either I'm casting it more or the enemies are not long for this plane of existence because they die fast.

Armour Reduction is a timed strip.
The Armour strip is permanent.
Acolytes don't get Armour stripped with Nekros, I thought it did oh well.

Edited by Slayer-.