Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

did you try Wyrd scythes on Garuda yet?

Garuda the second Vampire, she's very borked now, I remember all the buffs she kept getting before and on her prime release.

BUT, she got even more unique tools to play with thanks to the helminth.

My first config on Garuda is reave, because I wanted to go full Vampire, and the extra mobility and healing were so nice. I always replace her 1, I don't like it and the combo between it and her four is tiresome.

but Wyrd scythes man, completely eradicates any hope for getting dread mirror back, it's really perfect for Garuda both thematically and mechanically.

The Scythes deal Viral procs which amplifies your slash damage, naturally, and they deal slash damage themselves with her 4's buff, Garuda now is like a Viral hunter munitions build inside a Warframe.

My Build looks like this 

I'm not proud of the negative duration, and this was originally my Garuda reave build, since a low duration reave is much faster and controllable, I may tweak it around, but the 60% extra efficiency is mandatory in my opinion if I want to survive.

you see, with fleeting expertise, blood letting only needs one cast for 100% energy, that's amazing, and allows her to tank most efficiently with Quick thinking! 

Shards are three tau blues for massive armor increase, additional tanking with quick thinking, and two tau yellows for casting speed.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Or you could use Nourish, makes your 4 proc Viral *and* Slash, and greatly increases it's damage. Also makes you go to 100% energy in one cast even with negative efficiency.

Also saves you mod slots on your load out because you have viral and slash built into the frame

Not to mention Nourish allows you to repeatedly wipe rooms with the blood ball/talons combo

49 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

Also saves you mod slots on your load out because you have viral and slash built into the frame

Not to mention Nourish allows you to repeatedly wipe rooms with the blood ball/talons combo

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Or you could use Nourish, makes your 4 proc Viral *and* Slash, and greatly increases it's damage. Also makes you go to 100% energy in one cast even with negative efficiency.

Nourish is overrated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

It's getting nerfed

3 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Garuda the second Vampire, she's very borked now, I remember all the buffs she kept getting before and on her prime release.

BUT, she got even more unique tools to play with thanks to the helminth.

My first config on Garuda is reave, because I wanted to go full Vampire, and the extra mobility and healing were so nice. I always replace her 1, I don't like it and the combo between it and her four is tiresome.

but Wyrd scythes man, completely eradicates any hope for getting dread mirror back, it's really perfect for Garuda both thematically and mechanically.

The Scythes deal Viral procs which amplifies your slash damage, naturally, and they deal slash damage themselves with her 4's buff, Garuda now is like a Viral hunter munitions build inside a Warframe.

My Build looks like this 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not proud of the negative duration, and this was originally my Garuda reave build, since a low duration reave is much faster and controllable, I may tweak it around, but the 60% extra efficiency is mandatory in my opinion if I want to survive.

you see, with fleeting expertise, blood letting only needs one cast for 100% energy, that's amazing, and allows her to tank most efficiently with Quick thinking! 

Shards are three tau blues for massive armor increase, additional tanking with quick thinking, and two tau yellows for casting speed.

Here me out tho, what if you use aqua blades with the Aug for scaling damage to have double the blender that also scales.

Also, this is why I love Garuda, her 3 and 4 gives you so many options for ability or weapon combos.

Edited by Lord_Chibi

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

Nourish is overrated.

A big damage buff (75% compared to Roar's 30%), a retaliatory stagger, procs the best status in the game on everything, *and* infinite energy. It's not overrated, it *is* that good.

• Like 4

So... Let's see...

I'm a little confused at the Arcane choice, you've put on Molt Reconstruct when you have Blood Altar for quick healing of both you and allies, and you're upset at the negative Duration, when you could put on Molt Efficiency instead and easily get to 120% Duration for you casts, even if your shields ping down after the actual cast.

Alternatively, you could have Archon Shards on there to bring that up.

And the real solution is... you have Bloodletting. Swap out Transient Fortitude for Blind Rage, even one that's a couple of points from the top, and you have better Strength for the slow on Wyrd Scythes, you'll have a 1:1 ratio on percentage of health to percentage of energy (which on your build works out to about 425 Health for 455 Energy, not a bad trade when you have the healing built into her kit) or better if you de-rank Blind Rage a little, and your Duration will be at 95% so a single Archon Shard can take you back into positive numbers.

And I don't see why you have Quick Thinking there either... It's technically a second gate, but even with that efficiency, any damage that gets through your Shield Gate, your Healing and your ability to jump out as an Operator to escape lethal status or situations, will also be strong enough to completely drain your energy and leave you with no way to get it back by using your Abilities. So it's kind of redundant.

Hmmm... Okay, let's try something to get you the same or better stats, but with a little twist, it'll take you two more Forma to get from this build to the one I have in mind, maybe three, depending on what you'll go for.

Ditch both Transient Fortitude and Overextended. Forma in two '-' polarities for Augur Reach and Stretch. You now have enough points to put Cunning Drift in the Exilus.

What does this do? Your base Duration is now up to 95% without Transient, your Range is still 190% with the three Range mods, your base Strength is up to 155% without Overextended, your Efficiency is still 160%.

Use Molt Augmented and Molt Effiency, this will get your situational Strength up to 215% and your situation Duration up to 155%.

You now have a flex slot that you currently filled with Quick Thinking, but you can fill it it anything else up to 16 mod points for the cost of a Forma.

Without costing a Forma you can throw in Adaptation, Primed Sure Footed, Boreal's Hatred (for that 175% Efficiency, as well as some more shields to feed your Gate duration), Nira's Hatred (for base 110% Duration, so you can switch back to Molt Reconstruct if you want), Amar's Hatred (for a little more base Strength on Wyrd Scythes), or even one of the Gladiator mods to help with your melee. Out of the choices, I would probably go with Primed Sure Footed on the non-Forma option (because knock-downs can be lethal), and if you put a Forma on... Probably the Augment for her 4 to give you a tap-function on the cast for the same effect in a radius of 17-18m without the charge-time, also good for her Talons melee combo when you're using them.

Now?

Your base stats are better than the original build, you have a little shield restore when you hit an Ability (not much, but enough to get past the regen delay), and you even have a little more mobility with the slide from Cunning Drift making you go faster.

I think that'll help you out ^^

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I'm a little confused at the Arcane choice, you've put on Molt Reconstruct

more healing while Quick thinking is at work

negative Duration, when you could put on Molt Efficiency instead and easily get to 120% Duration for you casts, even if your shields ping down after the actual cast.

Alternatively, you could have Archon Shards on there to bring that up.

I'm upset at the negative duration but I don't actually want to invest additional resources to bring it up, and the shards are used for armor and casting speed

And I don't see why you have Quick Thinking there either... It's technically a second gate

I tried shield gating, and I'm getting sick of spamming my abilities constantly just to survive, Quick thinking helps me tank for a little bit until I get my health up again.

Swap out Transient Fortitude for Blind Rage

I don't want to cast blood letting two or three times for 100% energy, this is 100% energy at one single cast plus massive energy cost drop on the rest of the abilities, massive win in my book.

your Healing and your ability to jump out as an Operator to escape lethal status or situations, will also be strong enough to completely drain your energy and leave you with no way to get it back by using your Abilities. So it's kind of redundant.

one, the point here is to have an uninterrupted playstyle, if I use brief respite + catalyzing shield gimmick I'll find myself casting too much for no reason just to keep my 74 shields up, it's annoying, and because I use high efficiency no ability I have will completely restore shields in once cast.

two, I have never ran out of energy while using Quick thinking with Garuda, it's in the name, Quick thinking, once my health reaches 2 I do everything I can to get back to full health, and the lost energy can be easily fully replenished with one cast of blood letting.

without good efficiency, yes Quick thinking would be terrible.

Your base stats are better than the original build, you have a little shield restore when you hit an Ability (not much, but enough to get past the regen delay), and you even have a little more mobility with the slide from Cunning Drift making you go faster.

I did change the build around, went back to dread mirror to get the full Blood bending playstyle, got 250% range, 68% duration still, 160 eff and 139 strength, and quick thinking.

Trust me, this compared to a pure shield gating playstyle like my Dagath's build, tanks a lot harder, and is a lot safer.

also if I can't kill enemies within a short amount of time then I'm doing something wrong, that's why I think I really don't need a lot of duration.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

A big damage buff (75% compared to Roar's 30%), a retaliatory stagger, procs the best status in the game on everything, *and* infinite energy. It's not overrated, it *is* that good.

1 hour ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

It's comments like these that make me miss the laugh button...

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying It's overrated because there are many hidden gems in the helminth but the easiest route will always be Nourish, I want to try something else.

Edited by Qorvex99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

Nourish this, wyrd scythes that, WHAT ABOUT GLOOM ??? Do people really not play gloom garuda ? 

@Traumtulpe @zThulsaDoomz see? this what I mean, eveyone uses the same old Gloom, Nourish...it's redundant, if I put Nourish on Garuda and call it a day then I can't really make a post about it right? because everybody is going to say "yeah sure, that's expected from nourish on everything" but nobody expects Wyrd scythes because it's a very new ability.

also, nobody thought that Wyrd scythes is basically both of them combined?

• Like 2

@Traumtulpe @zThulsaDoomz see? this what I mean, eveyone uses the same old Gloom, Nourish...it's redundant, if I put Nourish on Garuda and call it a day then I can't really make a post about it right? because everybody is going to say "yeah sure, that's expected from nourish on everything" but nobody expects Wyrd scythes because it's a very new ability.

Let's be real here, if i'm making a build i'm looking for maximum performance so obviously i'll use gloom/nourish/roar/eclipse

12小时前 , Traumtulpe 说:

Which completely ruined your Garuda vampire gore aesthetic by subsuming a totally out of character sumo stomp on her.

No way.

• Like 3

My two favorite Helminth abilities haven't even been mentioned yet; For general play I like Breach Surge the best - you can animation cancel it with another cast (if you have enough casting speed), and it causes infinite AoE damage on enemies tagged with her 4. The CC is also nice.

And if you really need something dead *now*, no questions asked (like a level 9k demolyst): Expedite Suffering with lots of casting speed (plus her 4). Whatever damage you tag the enemy with will get multiplied by roughly 7.5, exponentially, every ~0.3 seconds.

I've had people ask me in a public disruption why the demolysts all suddenly drop dead, this is why (there's 4 casting speed shards on Garuda):

10jcQnL.png

And Quick Thinking is really only there for comfort, so I don't drop dead if I'm careless and tap to 2 HP, then walk into some sort of life drain - like from those Leech Eximus, or the Netracell one.

14 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Wyrd was tried by many...and found lacking

The reason Nourish is so popular is because it offers flexibility in modding, especially with Garuda who before helminth and Reconstruct in particular was extremely limited in her potential 

Personally I do not believe Norish is overwhelmingly OP as much as it is extremely versatile.  To call it overrated however, is pure cap

• Like 1

Bro just casually leaked two of my loadouts

Now try finding the other 7
I'll give you two of them if you'd like to experiment

1. Marked for death build

2. Sickening pulse build
Mmmm they're both too viable to be considered memes, but too stupid to be considered a "serious build"

Edit: Also, while I'm at it, any questions regarding Garuda? I'll be able to answer them. I'm a shameless one trick pony; it annoys my friends too much >:] 

Edited by Aruquae

35 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Bro just casually leaked two of my loadouts

lol nice.

35 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Also, while I'm at it, any questions regarding Garuda?

She's really fun! it's really nice having zero worries about energy or defense...but I do wonder if any of her augments are worth using? My builds don't have room for them most of the time.

On 2024-03-09 at 12:13 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Not thematically appropriate, which is a perk the OP mentioned. Some people don't like adding abilities to frames that break their theme even if they are very powerful/efficient. 

lol nice.

She's really fun! it's really nice having zero worries about energy or defense...but I do wonder if any of her augments are worth using? My builds don't have room for them most of the time.

All three are QoL, I like using her bloodletting augment with Kuva Hek for alt fire spam
Her seeking talons augment is also decent when paired with a lot of range, good for going all in for a hoard of enemies. I'm bias and prefer it without though
Her dread mirror augment is secretely better than mesmer skin imo. Full duration build can give you 20-30 seconds of immortality (you'll still take damage, but you'll never die) and it's refreshable. All you have to do is kill an enemy with her dread mirror pounce (not the period ball, the initial pounce).

Just some things to think about

23 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

All you have to do is kill an enemy with her dread mirror pounce (not the period ball, the initial pounce).

How do you even do that when there's slash everywhere that chews through health before you can cast the ability?

9 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

How do you even do that when there's slash everywhere that chews through health before you can cast the ability?

With some casting speed shards it's actually quite easy
I just cast it when their health is roughly 50%, so it'll get to them at around 30%, triggering it

On 2024-03-09 at 6:02 PM, Waeleto said:

Nourish this, wyrd scythes that, WHAT ABOUT GLOOM ??? Do people really not play gloom garuda ? 

It’s my favorite build

The perfect all rounder imo 

Have you tried her with 100% efficiency? With a maxed Primed Flow, one cast of letting grants you… I think roughly 340 energy? At base efficiency you’ll still never notice any lack of energy. I guess it is just QoL at that point. 

On 2024-03-09 at 7:37 PM, Qorvex99 said:

also if I can't kill enemies within a short amount of time then I'm doing something wrong, that's why I think I really don't need a lot of duration.

You’re partially right on this one, as duration is usually used on her dread mirror, which you dropped. But remember, it also affects the mark from her fourth. Hmm, if you have molt augmented, then what would happen if you swap her two with wyrd scythes? 

On 2024-03-09 at 7:37 PM, Qorvex99 said:

I don't want to cast blood letting two or three times for 100% energy, this is 100% energy at one single cast plus massive energy cost drop on the rest of the abilities, massive win in my book.

On 2024-03-09 at 9:04 PM, Waeleto said:

Let's be real here, if i'm making a build i'm looking for maximum performance so obviously i'll use gloom/nourish/roar/eclipse

I shall also be real here. Sometimes maximum performance isn’t the fun way to play. Of course this is just my opinion

Also Qorvex, sneakily changing your glyph again I see

• Like 1