The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Keys and Relic Farming

Hi, I just wanted to spark a discussion or at least implant an idea into the community. Back in the days of void keys, There were only a couple of Keys you need to farm for and it was really easy to just farm a new prime if you had an excess of keys. But now with the resource we have with Aya and the Usage for it in Syndicates and Varzia shop, It would be so much easier if it was just a universal thing where Every Relic drop is just a drop of Aya and you can buy the Relics in the current loot pool for a vendor. What are your thoughts on this? With how little time people have nowadays It would make sessions more enjoyable since you'd just need to go to a vendor and buy a couple of relics with your access of aya

Edited by nakiyarat
  • Like 1

If you hoard your syndicate standing + steel essence, you can already farm the entire PA in the time it took you to get a single part from T3 Surv (if you were lucky!!).

I think farming new primes is already easy enough, it's still a huge source of revenue for DE, if it's too easy it could hurt sales.

• Like 1

Void keys should NOT return.

They were retired for a very good reason. They had connection issues (if someone crashed out, they never got back in), toxicity issues with keysharing, did not open up space for more prime things (which is why the whole Prime vault even exists in the first place), and generally just were a pain in the ass.

Hell, with Abyss of Dagath, those exact problems with connectivity came right back. Exactly the same issues as before.

The Prime Vault is another matter too. Void Keys caused that, and it doesn't even need to exist anymore. We can quite literally have Relics on rotations throughout the starchat. There's like.... nearly 500 mission nodes in the game, over 19 planet areas, not including railjack. We have MORE than enough missions and reward tables to put all the relics onto the starchart and jsut have everything farmable and targettable.

I personally hate Aya. It's so unneccessary with what I just said above being true. We can have all the relics in reward tables and still have room for those terrible credit caches that are slammed into them all. Plus, we then can do targetted farming for specific relics or parts in a much better way than just "do one of these 4 missions and pray"

• Like 1

Void keys were superior play despite any connection problems.
Many of those connection problems were fixed until cross platform and now there's twice as many issues.

• Play what you want when you want.
  • Form teams based on objective.
  • Playing in the mission instead of mission completes.
  • Rewarding team efficiency.
  • Solo/Group equality in rewards.

Preventing players from stocking up on keys is exactly why they did the Relic system though. Players were getting Primes too easily. It's the same reason they introduced the AABC rotation. Back in the day you could get a Rare from the pool 3 rotations in a row. This was Solo. You can only do that now with Rad shares.

I pretty much only do Relics to keep my forma count up and I now group instead of solo just to make it quicker. It's not fun. Nothing about it is fun. Esp if you're an older player who can just buy anything they want anyways. I'm looking for engaging play and old Void was far superior in that regard.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Relics are a MUCH worse option. The amount of times I've gone into a rotation with no relic because I have to reference a 3rd party reliquary to see what I still need, and then search through the thousands of relics in the hopes that I can find one, is way too damned high, to the point that for many years I have mostly been just throwing up whatever relic my mouse goes over and hoping someone else in the lobby is running one I want something out of.
They could have far more easily put the rewards for each tower on rotation, and made it so everyone needed a key, but somehow that was deemed "too much work" compared to making a new set of relics and vaulting the ones being retired every time they drop something new, and now here we are with 10s of thousands of vaulted relics of varying refinement bloating each of our accounts, rather than a couple hundred of a few different keys...
As for the share toxicity, it didn't end just because they changed the name from Key to Relic..

On 2024-03-22 at 4:02 PM, Xzorn said:

Void keys were superior play despite any connection problems.
Many of those connection problems were fixed until cross platform and now there's twice as many issues.

• Play what you want when you want.
  • Form teams based on objective.
  • Playing in the mission instead of mission completes.
  • Rewarding team efficiency.
  • Solo/Group equality in rewards.

Preventing players from stocking up on keys is exactly why they did the Relic system though. Players were getting Primes too easily. It's the same reason they introduced the AABC rotation. Back in the day you could get a Rare from the pool 3 rotations in a row. This was Solo. You can only do that now with Rad shares.

I pretty much only do Relics to keep my forma count up and I now group instead of solo just to make it quicker. It's not fun. Nothing about it is fun. Esp if you're an older player who can just buy anything they want anyways. I'm looking for engaging play and old Void was far superior in that regard.

It was not superior play and, to be honest, the current relic defense and survival and excavation missions ARE versions of the void key system, but better. Relics are easy to acquire, offers a selection between the RNG, can run a mission virtually infinitely, gain boosters and more relics during those missions, and can pick from multiple mission types. That is a far superior set of options compared to the old key system. 

I don't see how that makes things easier since you're now adding in an extra step before running anything. That alone would make it a slower and more inconvenient system than the current Relic packs one. Plus it runs into the potential issue of players "wasting" Aya by spending a bunch on one Relic then RNG'ing the rare drop on the first run.

For any such system to work I'd say it'd have to be like Vosfor. Convert whatever Relics into Aya or some new resource then convert that into a relic/pack of your choice.

As for other things being mentioned in this thread: the Key system was objectively worse than Relics and I don't understand the hate over Aya.

The only benefits the Key system had was it was easier to get Keys to run and you could get multiple parts from a single Key. Meanwhile the RNG, and thus the overall grind, as well as the mission variety were all FAR worse. The Relic system has allowed players to get an entire Prime release within hours of the update, that isn't something anyone could do with Keys without some spectacular luck.

And I don't get why anyone hates on Aya when all it did was replace vaulted Relics. Getting an Aya drop right now is better than having gotten whatever vaulted Relic was in rotation before. As even for those who don't need vaulted items you still get to hold on to them for whatever you might want or at the least could trade them all in for a relic with Forma in the common pool. Like right now they could be converted into Lith T6/Meso K3 to farm Forma.

14 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

It was not superior play and, to be honest, the current relic defense and survival and excavation missions ARE versions of the void key system, but better. Relics are easy to acquire, offers a selection between the RNG, can run a mission virtually infinitely, gain boosters and more relics during those missions, and can pick from multiple mission types. That is a far superior set of options compared to the old key system. 

I said superior play and everything you mentioned as an argument against that was loot based.

The boosters and relics you get for going longer are not worth the "play what you want when you want" system from before. If my clan and I wana do a long run but someone has to do something so they'll be ready in 20min. Oh well, guess we have to wait for the next time. Playing based on DE's clock is very inconvenient.

Anyone who's old enough remembers players forming groups around different frames to fill out their group should understand the difference. Players would pick frames based on others to create real synergy and not the goofy skill synergy DE tries to push. Playing in different tilesets for primes can be good but the Void is still one of the best to do that because it was designed for it. I don't do long runs anymore because DE has made sure they're just bad through both Relics and Scaling.

The loot from the Key system was only bad because DE was spoofing it and eventually got called out by data mining.
...and lets be honest here. 90% of the time players are just spamming the quickest mission possible. Not actually playing the mission.

Am 22.3.2024 um 23:36 schrieb nakiyarat:

Hi, I just wanted to spark a discussion or at least implant an idea into the community. Back in the days of void keys, There were only a couple of Keys you need to farm for and it was really easy to just farm a new prime if you had an excess of keys. But now with the resource we have with Aya and the Usage for it in Syndicates and Varzia shop, It would be so much easier if it was just a universal thing where Every Relic drop is just a drop of Aya and you can buy the Relics in the current loot pool for a vendor. What are your thoughts on this? With how little time people have nowadays It would make sessions more enjoyable since you'd just need to go to a vendor and buy a couple of relics with your access of aya

I joined Warframe when the system of void keys was about to replaced soon aftere. But let me tell you it was not easy. Yes, you could stay in an endless mission for hours and use only one key. But not everyone wanted to stay that long and farming was harder in general as there was no pick of loot from the relics. You also needed to get to rotation C for the which could take 20 waves or 20 minutes in survival. Then stay there for another AABC rotation until everyone got what they wanted or wanted to leave.