Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I get back the Archon Shards that I lost when I subsumed a warframe that originally had them?

hate_crew1337

Question

So I subsumed Titania earlier today who had 3 archon shards and 1 tauforged shard, since I usually saw that when I subsumed any warframe I'd usually get everything back, but when I subsumed Titania, I didn't get the shards back. Is this a bug or is it meant to be this way? 

If it's meant to be this way, I have a few concerns regarding this current system. Firstly, just to remove a shard it takes up to 30% bile, which is already a very resource hungry part of the helminth system in my opinion as most veterans also struggle with this. If we are subsuming a warframe, shouldn't it make sense to give the shards back to your inventory upon subsuming? It felt like weeks worth of work to grind up the archon shards were basically negated only because I didn't know that I wouldn't be refunded the shards. Can something be done about this? Or is it possible to get the shards back that I accidentally subsumed?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, hate_crew1337 said:

So I subsumed Titania earlier today who had 3 archon shards and 1 tauforged shard, since I usually saw that when I subsumed any warframe I'd usually get everything back, but when I subsumed Titania, I didn't get the shards back. Is this a bug or is it meant to be this way? 

You should try support.

But FYI, there is a warning in the subsume "type confirm" screen saying that any shards will be lost.   If you ever got these back before, that would have been the (very weird) bug.

30 minutes ago, hate_crew1337 said:

If we are subsuming a warframe, shouldn't it make sense to give the shards back to your inventory upon subsuming?

I think so.   Unfortunately a warning screen is what we've got for now.   Maybe it's not as easy to fix as it seems like.

You intentionally subsumed a warframe with a ton of shards (including tau ones) just to try to bypass the unslotting bile cost despite a giant warning message explicitly telling you that you were gonna lose those shards as well as without first testing by subsuming a frame that only had 1x basic crappy shard to make sure it worked?

Wow.

1 hour ago, sly_squash said:

You intentionally subsumed a warframe with a ton of shards (including tau ones) just to try to bypass the unslotting bile cost despite a giant warning message explicitly telling you that you were gonna lose those shards as well as without first testing by subsuming a frame that only had 1x basic crappy shard to make sure it worked?

Wow.

cases like this is why we have like 3 confirm screens for any building/scrapping decision that has any bearing whatsoever. still, there's only so much you can do..

There should be some kind of bonus or like the helminth should get very ill and just start vomiting all over your orbiter for a week and has to go on a strict diet to repair his gut if this happens.