Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ppl are blocking enemies from entering red circle in Netracells

UNO168

the "killing enemies inside red circle" is getting ridiculous

I've seen ppl blocking enemies from entering the red circle so he can farm or whatever his motive is, which completely halts the countdown on syphon.
It's not a bug just ppl exploiting bot engagement and the nature of said tileset.

recommendation:

• the enemies should target/engage syphon instead of players
  • the syphon should complete itself within certain time w/o enemy souls
  • remove red circle, enemy hit on syphon would increase time needed to finish

5 minutes ago, UNO168 said:

so he can farm or whatever his motive is

%dmg on and mission screen. They want to sent the print screen to their loved ones.

Just call them out on it. And if it continues, just leave.

5 minutes ago, UNO168 said:

recommendation:

• the enemies should target/engage syphon instead of players
  • the syphon should complete itself within certain time w/o enemy souls
  • remove red circle, enemy hit on syphon would increase time needed to finish

None of these are fool proof.

How about we fix enemies getting stuck on terrain and magical stairs that fade you to black and respawn you without buffs multiple times if you touch them (bullet jumping or void dashing over them doesnt proc this glitch).

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

magical stairs that fade you to black and respawn you without buffs multiple times if you touch them (bullet jumping or void dashing over them doesnt proc this glitch).

omg this respawn volume has been bothering me since the bug has been introduced...

• Like 2

• Yes DE needs to get rid of zones and just have kills anywhere count.
  • Yes starting in Dante I have started getting hit with being out of bounds in Lab tiles and warped to other places,  how God damn annoying!!!!  Im not anywhere near an edge or out of bounds.  Not even playing like a titania/wukong.   I've been on Khora, Inaros, Dante.
  • Like 1

I'm really not in favor of dumbing down the missions because people can't respect the rules.

There are many solutions to the circle issue

• Adapt Alchemy's enemy AI to Netracells (in Alchemy, enemies rush toward the next vial as soon as one is completed, completely ignoring you)
  • Increase the circle - but admittedly this would just push the griefers a bit further away
  • Add a glyph or a passive mechanic which makes all enemies outside of the circle be immune to damage
  • Adapt the Eidolon Lure's principle to Netracell's sentry : When a Vomvalyst is killed far from a lure, you can pick its "soul" or whatever it is to bring it to the Lure. Do the same for Netracells : All enemies killed outside of the Sentry's field of view drop a void remnant, that you can pick & bring to the Sentry as a proof you're properly doing your job. For that to work, you'd need to be able to pick several at once though ==> This one is cool because it makes sense within the mission's objective of letting the Sentry see you're getting rid of the threat
  • Add Void Fissures-like mechanics to the Netracell, with Murmur enemies spawning inside the circle. It happens from time to time with those 3-4 units emerging from the ground but it's pretty rare, maybe just increase that occurrence
Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Adapt Alchemy's enemy AI to Netracells (in Alchemy, enemies rush toward the next vial as soon as one is completed, completely ignoring you)

Still killable with both single target and AoE. The main problem is not actually the fact that they kill the enemies outside the circle. The problem is that they keep following current enemy spawn, disabling it and pushing in a tile further.

Increase the circle - but admittedly this would just push the griefers a bit further away

And spawns too, making the mission even longer.

Adapt the Eidolon Lure's principle to Netracell's sentry : When a Vomvalyst is killed far from a lure, you can pick its "soul" or whatever it is to bring it to the Lure. Do the same for Netracells : All enemies killed outside of the Sentry's field of view drop a void remnant, that you can pick & bring to the Sentry as a proof you're properly doing your job. For that to work, you'd need to be able to pick several at once though ==> This one is cool because it makes sense within the mission's objective of letting the Sentry see you're getting rid of the threat

Yes, have one competent player do series of QTE's so the mission can progress while the rest intentionally (or not) plays the mission wrong. They have started adding the X enemies killed for Netracell progress as End game screen title and i think it is a step in good direction.

Add Void Fissures-like mechanics to the Netracell, with Murmur enemies spawning inside the circle. It happens from time to time with those 3-4 units emerging from the ground but it's pretty rare, maybe just increase that occurrence

Again with the way these players interact with spawns it will not work very well within WF spawn mechanics. They can break Fissures Reactant so easily, I am sure this can be even easier.

PS: We cant cure stupid. I wish we could - World would be a better place, but we cant.

Edited by Zakkhar

And that is why I do netracells solo. It is to trivial to do them in a group anyway and public squad experiences have been going the wrong way for a looooong time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Again with the way these players interact with spawns it will not work very well within WF spawn mechanics. They can break Fissures Reactant so easily, I am sure this can be even easier.

Well, in my view, this kind of "Fissures" would exclusively spawn inside the circle, even if all players are looking for Vocas 2km away from it. This would substantially speed up the mission as those spawns would be forced inside the circle, unless someone is really going the extra mile to pull enemies outside of the circle, but at this point, just report that guy ! :laugh:

• Like 1

Just now, Chewarette said:

Well, in my view, this kind of "Fissures" would exclusively spawn inside the circle, even if all players are looking for Vocas 2km away from it.

Like is said, it is uncodable, because it would have to throw current enemy spawn mechanics out of the window and code completely new ones just for this one mode. 

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Like is said, it is uncodable, because it would have to throw current enemy spawn mechanics out of the window and code completely new ones just for this one mode. 

? Like Bursas' spawns in Razorback ? Rollers in Kela's encounter ? Ambulas' waves ? Archons summoning Sentients ?

That seems pretty easy to force specific spawns in a dedicated area. It definitely doesn't sound "uncodable". It doesn't even need to stop the regular spawns outside of those areas, just very specific spawns <100m away from the sentry

16 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

? Like Bursas' spawns in Razorback ? Rollers in Kela's encounter ? Ambulas' waves ?

All mentioned encounters happen in a closed arena, which has identical layout at every iteration.

Edited by Zakkhar

13 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Archons summoning Sentients ?

Sentients/Amalgam spawn is tied to the Archon boss location.

G3/Stalker/Acolytes/Zanuka/Syndicate hit squads are tied to the player location (at the time of the spawn initiation).

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

All mentioned encounters happen in a closed arena.

It's only closed because the doors physically closed, but we're not teleported to another galaxy. You can even see the normal spawns continue during Ambulas encounter, with the normal enemies piling at the door at times. The density of enemies when you exist from Razorback's arena also tells you they're not completely stopped.

Anyway, having specific enemies summoning specific spawns in their direct vicinity is nothing to write home about. As I said, Archons summon Sentients around them from time to time. Hyekka masters summons Hyekkas next to them and not 3km away. Terry/Harry/Gery summon Vomvalysts around them. I think it's not out of the equation to change the Netracell sentry to an invulnerable unit that spawns Murmur enemies around it every 20 seconds while this phase is active. 

If this is indeed "uncodable" (which I'm not debating against, I'm not a dev, this is not my game, I'm just bringing my PoV as a player), then that's a pretty sad story.

Edited by Chewarette

32 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

If this is indeed "uncodable" (which I'm not debating against, I'm not a dev, this is not my game, I'm just bringing my PoV as a player), then that's a pretty sad story.

It is codable, but the effort is not worth the result.