Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoS Fixes for Dante’s Tragedy coming in next Hotfix

[DE]Megan

The LOS checks aren't necessary since only enemies primed by dark verse take lethal damage. Now if low level missions are the main concern then simply make it so that the baseline damage from tragedy only applies to enemies hit by dark verse.

• Like 2

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. You said you were going to "lightly" nerf him and you ended up throwing him in the trash can. You turned this update from one of the the best updates recently to the update where the only thing people will remember is the Dante nerf controversy. Good luck getting people to buy the release bundles for new warframes in the future because these nerfs are basically a slap in the face to everyone who spent real money on Dante.

Edit: also the Nezha augment nerf was the most unwarranted thing I have ever seen and completely makes the whole point of the augment worthless.

Edited by Molock523
  • Like 2

SO.....people got hyped and farmed or bought the newest frame. He launched at a decent B+, maybe A-. We put forma, shards and effort into leveling him so we could actually play him. Then He gets nerfed because of people playing broken crap frames that need complete reworks to begin with complained. DE absolutely kills this week old frame, When instead they should be FIXING the frames that rely on things like taking damage. DE is so far out of touch it is ridiculous.

• Like 3

I feel the overguard changes are fine. I vote to revert the changes made to Tragedy. If Dante really requires an adjustment for Tragedy, I propose just nerfing the base radius of final verse from 30 to 20m. This puts it in line with Dark Verse.

Overall, I feel the nerf was unnecessary. Playing around LoS is frankly just annoying and makes me not want to play the Warframe (one case in point is Ember).

Regardless, here's to hoping I can play as my space wizard and commit various war crimes as a librarian from hell.

• Like 2

So lucky that everyone is focusing on Dante, but pls dont go over the overguard buff on enemies. Neither was deserved. I dont know what happend we were on a really good way IMO. Its not a pvp game pls revert all the nerfs. Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MightyMike87 said:

Only people who wanted Dante nerfed are Chroma players and people who haven’t yet made it out of regular star chart. 

Honestly, I agree.  His AOE damage falls off hard.  He trivializes(ed?) the star chart, but so does basically everyone.  I can walk through missions with Maim active on Equinox and achieve better results than Dante at that level.

Stapling a famously wonky DE attempt at a LoS check onto his nuke is just going to gut him.  I'm really surprised these nerfs were so heavy handed given the way Reb framed it ahead of time.

• Like 2

All this talk about "we hear you" and "listening to feedback" flies in the fact that you've blatantly ignored that people have been repeating a Gregorian chant of "Overguard interferes with mods and abilities". Instead of fixing Overguard preventing Retribution splash from proccing, Rage/Adrenaline from giving energy, and making Chroma about as useful in a mission as... well, Choma, you decide to just nerf the new hotness and claim "feedback" because 5 people complained. This is not-so universal medallion all over again.

It's telling when the only thing made "more consistent" within the past 5 years has been nerfing CC.

Edited by TheTundraTerror

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Honestly, I agree.  His AOE damage falls off hard.  He trivializes(ed?) the star chart, but so does basically everyone.  I can walk through missions with Maim active on Equinox and achieve better results than Dante at that level.

Stapling a famously wonky DE attempt at a LoS check onto his nuke is just going to gut him.  I'm really surprised these nerfs were so heavy handed given the way Reb framed it ahead of time.

here is a snip from reddit with the original message from [DE] REB
image.png?ex=6621b3c7&is=660f3ec7&hm=c5adc51328fcc9175f6918c9ecef5a0d77b24954e39b8bf1d9ee0ab259b49bcd&=

• Like 3

revert the nerfs of his tragedy. nerf the max overguard to tune it down a bit. big og numbers are funny but that was the one thing i found ridiculous about him. 
dante was not being played that much solely because he was strong. he was played so much because he was FUN.

saryn with dual ichor incarnon is still a thing. but is saryn particularly fun to play? not really id say because she is just a weapon platform that nukes. not saying she is boring, she is just neutral. dante was positively fun. thats why we liked playing him. if he released in his current state i would have NOT spend money on him. really disappointed.

• Like 1

Perhaps their argument is this: dante is taking away the role of other frames. Imagine if dante usage was the same as wukong in the past. Every multiplayer mission you play, dante will be there, eliminating enemies for you and granting you invincible overguard. And your abilities, weapons, and mods would be meaningless. That seems so boring. But i also know that soloing dante can be very fun. I believe this problem stems from the fact that warframe has been accepting both solo and coop users.

Thanx for killing dante. Guess it's back to my Volt.

I think DE forgets those of us who are on steel path still play the game. Everything is being balanced around low-level playing and everytime we get something steel path viable it gets nerfed into oblivion.

Edited by Ehzral
Clarification on opinion
  • Like 1

Great job ignoring the community. We say no line of sight, you say "worse make?" We say no, you DOUBLE DOWN? WE DON'T WANT LINE OF SIGHT. YOU'RE ACTIVELY MAKING HIM JUST A S#&$TY GARA.

I'LL REPEAT

WE SAID THE ISSUE IS LINE OF SIGHT BEING IMPLEMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, NOTHING ELSE. REVERT DANTE. YOU'VE GOT MAYBE 12 PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS, AND EVERYONE ELSE ANGRY ABOUT IT.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb iSiawPrime:

I mean when the Popular Posts on this very thread are literally asking DE to revert the changes I'm pretty sure they don't really care about feedback at all considering they're radio silent to the amount of pages asking the same thing over and over...

Well they made whatever profit they wanted to make I reckon. I also bought the tennocon ticket, because I was having fun for a change, instead of playing the same 4 frames

• Like 2

I think a good compromise for the sake of Dante's fluidity would be to mark enemies with Dark Verse where they're affected by Tragedy regardless of LoS, with that restriction applying to unmarked enemies. Also, thanks for leaving Dark Verse intact; kept all the helminth builds intact!

8 minutes ago, FBalfour said:

Great job ignoring the community. We say no line of sight, you say "worse make?" We say no, you DOUBLE DOWN? WE DON'T WANT LINE OF SIGHT. YOU'RE ACTIVELY MAKING HIM JUST A S#&$TY GARA.

I'LL REPEAT

WE SAID THE ISSUE IS LINE OF SIGHT BEING IMPLEMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, NOTHING ELSE. REVERT DANTE. YOU'VE GOT MAYBE 12 PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS, AND EVERYONE ELSE ANGRY ABOUT IT.

+1

7 minutes ago, yeahnil said:

Well they made whatever profit they wanted to make I reckon. I also bought the tennocon ticket, because I was having fun for a change, instead of playing the same 4 frames

It was the same for me and my 2 friends I play with on the regular, we were having fun for the first time it literal years and along comes DE and says: I THINK THE #*!% NOT!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ManageConductor said:

Perhaps their argument is this: dante is taking away the role of other frames. Imagine if dante usage was the same as wukong in the past. Every multiplayer mission you play, dante will be there, eliminating enemies for you and granting you invincible overguard. And your abilities, weapons, and mods would be meaningless. That seems so boring. But i also know that soloing dante can be very fun. I believe this problem stems from the fact that warframe has been accepting both solo and coop users.

Mmmm, not sure with this one. Competent Saryns and Gausses can leave you in the dust, especially in the extermination missions, leaving you to do nothing.

I agree with the last sentence though, Solo and CoOp players and playstyles are definitely going to clash.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We've been poring over your comments regarding the balance changes to Dante. We want to reiterate that we are paying close attention to player feedback and taking these conversations very seriously. As with everything in Warframe, iteration is always possible, and we’ll be keeping a close eye on how Dante feels now that these alterations are in your hands. 

One of the clearest pain points from the community is the inconsistencies in Tragedy’s Line of Sight (LOS) checks, and we can confirm that the following changes are already on deck for an upcoming hotfix: 

• Tragedy not hitting ragdolled enemies that are within LOS

• Increasing the number of LOS checks per enemy to improve the reliability of marginal hits 

We are still actively reading your feedback and encourage you to continue to share your constructive thoughts after spending time playing Dante with the changes. Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts with us thus far!

--
To add to the above, it's very obvious to us, as it is with players, that Tragedy's LOS is clearly not in an ideal state due to the bugs we listed above. It's not working as intended and we want to remedy that as soon as we can. Once the fixes go live, we'll be watching for your thoughts as you experience it the way was designed to function.  

your clearly not listening... revert the LOS completely slight nerf to range or damage is acceptable but the fundamental way the ability works is genuinely product misrepresentation and should honestly be considered theft for people you charged money for this frame.

1 minute ago, Carlosmann100 said:

Revert the nerfs, you KILLED him!

DE was doing open heart surgery and instead of fixing a messed up blood vessel they straight up tore out the whole heart and slam-dunked it into the trashcan.

• Like 15