Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Increasing base 5 m non-LoS check for Dante via certain actions (stats?) of 4th/Tragedy

New LoS check:
First if the enemy is within 5 meters we don't do LoS at all, we just assume they are visible. Then checks if the enemy is being rendered, which works for any enemies on screen, so if you see even their pinky toe, they are considered visible. Then for enemies behind you instead of one raycast it does three, one to the top, another to the center and finally to the feet and if any of them are successful, then we determine it is visible, this means false blocks are much less likely.

Again, this should've never happened, but we will try to make the best of it, and hopefully the overall game will end up better for it.

What if we can increase that 5 meters (so 4/Trump deals damage to enemy)?

Obvious solution would be via Range. So it can e.g. have 25% of range. With base 30 meters it would be 7.5 meters.

Another way would be marking enemies so every cast of 4th/trump would affect those enemies).

- While Wood warden is active, any attack would mark enemies

- Noctua (1st) attacks

- 3rd - as it has no LoS check, it still limited.

Of course you can mix and match. Like you can increase range (low amount but still something) + marking via Noctua.

ps. post is in assumption that LoS had to stay in some form. If you are against it, please don't write it here.

• Like 1

Agreed 100%. If they have to go with this complicated LoS system, it should at least be consistent. Some percentage of range sounds reasonable for that.

I just imagine this being pasted on Khora as is where 5m is 100% of her Whipclaw range; and then compare to Dante where 5m is 17% of his Tragedy - and then it changes relatively if you mod range.

Personally I'd prefer some sort of LoS punch-through over just ignoring LoS only close to you. Something like if the object(s) that block LoS make up only 10% of the ability range, they get ignored. Or they could even do a LoS fall-off, where the damage/ effect is reduced by 2% for every 1% of the range that is blocked by objects.

It's not like they don't have the tech for that: there's already a complete punch-through system, complete with differentiating between body and object PT, infinite PT against bodies only or including objects, and even infinitely thick barriers in the Profit Taker fight that can only be passed with infinite PT.

32 minutes ago, Mayhem-Ivory said:

I just imagine this being pasted on Khora as is where 5m is 100% of her Whipclaw range; and then compare to Dante where 5m is 17% of his Tragedy - and then it changes relatively if you mod range.

Yeah, such percentage of range needs to be per frame. Like Khora, afair, have her small range whip but can propagate damage via her 4th/Strangledome.

35 minutes ago, Mayhem-Ivory said:

Personally I'd prefer some sort of LoS punch-through over just ignoring LoS only close to you. Something like if the object(s) that block LoS make up only 10% of the ability range, they get ignored. Or they could even do a LoS fall-off, where the damage/ effect is reduced by 2% for every 1% of the range that is blocked by objects.

They are doing something like that and it's not the best.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

Then for enemies behind you instead of one raycast it does three, one to the top, another to the center and finally to the feet and if any of them are successful, then we determine it is visible, this means false blocks are much less likely.

Doing something more like X% might be too taxing. I heard some people getting low FPS after just 30 minutes of gameplay. It might be just some "silly" bug.

What about stop trying to bandaid a problem they created themselves? We all know LoS doesn't work. So, instead of coming up with more palliative measures, let's focus on ask for the only solution that will really work: reversion of this nonsense nerf. After that, give Dante at least a month, so players can test, and DE can observe and collect feedback. THEN, act ON feedback, not on their own minds. Except for a few metas going hysterical, nobody was truly worried about Tragedy, not even DE!

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

I would increase non-LoS check to the max ability range. From there, it can check as many LoS as it wants :P

1 minute ago, Digital_Malz said:

What about stop trying to bandaid a problem they created themselves? We all know LoS doesn't work. So, instead of coming up with more palliative measures, let's focus on ask for the only solution that will really work: reversion of this nonsense nerf. After that, give Dante at least a month, so players can test, and DE can observe and collect feedback. THEN, act ON feedback, not on their own minds. Except for a few metas going hysterical, nobody was truly worried about Tragedy, not even DE!

Again, I ask you to not post about it. There are tons of such post already.

You are not helping. All you are doing making this topic to be closed. All valuable answer would not be heard.

• Like 1

Honestly? 
I'd be glad if this topic is closed. Because, in my point of view, YOU are not helping. It seems you, as well as many others, recognize that LoS doesn't work. But you're willing to bow down your head to this inefficient mechanic and gladly accept the crumbles DE will throw at you while happily helping them keep something that a great portion of the community has already made clear: WE DON'T WANT LOS. Actually, there's another topic here that suggests an interesting solution without LoS.

Edited by Digital_Malz
  • Like 1