Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Multi stage is horrible game mode. Make it 3 selectable modes

You finish E/DA in one run? Great. You made mistake, host migration happen etc in the middle? Great. Start again. Again. Such a waste of time.

Make it normal 3 missions like Sortie.

I think they have to do it in one run in case you completed the first or second mission and realize you can't do the 3rd(or 2nd if you only passed the 1st).  Unless you changed gear.

Alternatively, they could split the missions up and lock your gear, whereby changing your gear would force you to start from 1st mission again. 

I think that would be fine, except maybe they don't want your group disposition to change, but people can already take turns and I guess they don't have a solution to stop that.  And maybe that is still decent effort to setup.

Solo you can pause at least and take a break and groups are usually faster, but if you lose all your teammates..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Alternatively, they could split the missions up and lock your gear, whereby changing your gear would force you to start from 1st mission again. 

The way I'd like to see it working is that when one selects modifiers on the DA screen and starts the mission, that locks a DA (only) loadout that persists--and is automatically used when entering DA-- until either one completes all three missions or decides to reset it.  In the latter case, one would have to start over from the beginning. 

11 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

I think that would be fine, except maybe they don't want your group disposition to change, but people can already take turns and I guess they don't have a solution to stop that. 

They might want to promote that, yes.  As part of a more raid-like feel.  And I can see reasons why that would be good, and also downsides to breaking the missions up. 

However, I still think it would be best left up to players, as is the case with sorties.  Perhaps there could be a small bonus reward for completing all three with no intermissions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:
32 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

The way I'd like to see it working is that when one selects modifiers on the DA screen and starts the mission, that locks a DA (only) loadout that persists--and is automatically used when entering DA-- until either one completes all three missions or decides to reset it.  In the latter case, one would have to start over from the beginning. 

32 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

I don't think changing gear should matter too much. You are still limited to 3 gear. Selecting something else would just give you less points, hence not many people would do this.

And imho it's good that we have at least SOME option. That's the beauty of Warframe big part of us liked - ability to pick gear the most suited for certain missions.

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

I don't think changing gear should matter too much. You are still limited to 3 gear. Selecting something else would just give you less points, hence not many people would do this.

And imho it's good that we have at least SOME option. That's the beauty of Warframe big part of us liked - ability to pick gear the most suited for certain missions.

It depends on the mission.  Changing one modifier could make a difference and that's basically 3 modifiers across the entire mission you could change.

It seems like they want you to plan it out or collaborate more than having more flexibility to gear for each mission individually.

What Tiltskillet proposed sounds fine to me.

Side note: It would be cool if they uncapped the research points to like 128 and just let you run everything possible for each mission for fun and big rewards, but had a minimum point required to enter.  Haha

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Meh. Frame choice can matter a lot.  Weapons to an extent, but really nothing in comparison to frames.   I wouldn't throw a tantrum if that was changed, but picking a loadout that will work for all three missions is part of the puzzle, afaic.

• Like 2

You might not have noticed this either, but there is an extremely short auto fail if you are AFK to start the second mission.  I was testing things only for the first mission solo, passed it and alt tabbed for a second typing some things in discord and it failed mirror defense in that time. 

I meant to hit esc when I alt tabbed and probably did, but it didn't register because of the loading maybe.  Not that I was going to continue all the way through it, but they should definitely let you just run the missions individually solo, if you've already gotten max rewards or at least have some sort of test mode.  Like mastery practice, where nothing counts.

• Like 1

I don't mind them being 3 continuous missions, i think it was Pablo's entire idea .

Generally harder enemies 400 range with debuffs and random mods.

But some missions are too long- esp. alchemy, baseline alchemy is too slow in groups as is and then
with other stalling mods- it's just too much.

Same goes for mirror def and surv, but they at least have a mission reduction mechanic.

Disruption is generally ok. but 1.5 rotatios  (6 conduits)  would be a bit better.

If missions are not as long you probably wouldn't need to have them as selectable ones.