Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

getting owned on SP infested?

_Anise_

20 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

hildryn so not much hp, I know she isn't the best frame for infested but the heat augment was designed for this?

Nobody has explicitly said it so I'll say it just in case: Hildryn's health cannot be damaged as long as she has Overshields.  So maximizing the amount of time you have Overshields will mitigate the potential of this happening to you; unfortunately, any time you dip back into normal shield territory, you'll be vulnerable to this.

• Like 1

Get your arch gun out for free overguard and use AoE.  It should only be an issue if you're trying to do close combat.  Also, you could drop a dante specter.  This is a perfect situation for overguard.  It's why I'd pull out my archgun for infested arb on a shield gate frame, and put it away, then use my aoe weapon and just refresh the overguard.

I don't really play SP vs infested much or even know how long overguard will stay up.  It will get quickly shredded vs corrupted, but not sure vs infested.  Just offering another option to try.

Edited by Lord_Drod

21 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I have Arcane resistance to stop getting toxic status, I have adaption as DR, I am persistently charging my overshields

but I keep getting instantly downed while at full shields without being able to react!

what gives? what could be doing this and are their other measures I can take to help mitigate this from happening?

Try this combination: Rolling Guard, Umbra set, Prime Vigor, Prime Redirection Adaptation and one of the enhanced bullet jump mods in the exilus slot (heat or electric are great for infested). Use Arcane Grace or Guardian plus Arcane Aegis. Subsume her 1 for Fire Blast (and fill your final slot with Healing Flames).

While you lose most of the ability enhancement options, you gain an INSANELY high eHP, with rolling guard providing a buffer as Fire Blast recovers your lost HP during the invincibility phase. She can also fire off multiple Fire Blasts without a remote risk of losing shields and Pillage refills shields asap. Lastly, the enhanced bullet jump mod clear Hildryn from the area and turn procs enemies for even more time to readjust.

For even more fun, try the Rakta Dark Dagger with some range and the range Tennokai mod. 😁

Xaku is pretty good against infested. Grasp wrecks anything without armor and infested don't have armor so you can subsume something like silence over their 3 if you want. Huge range silence can be annoying on Xaku with enemies getting staggered ~50m away but once inside that range eximus are basically harmless because they die before they get close and they have no abilities.

I run RDD or any other dagger + argonak to strip acolytes on Xaku since Gaze doesn't work on them. Vastilok with shattering impact is another acolyte armor strip option for Xaku if you want to run a primary.

Viral/heat Ocucor is my go to secondary on Xaku unless I'm running nourish build then it's cor/heat. The range on ocucor is ridiculous if you use ruinous extension. Gaze is also a good option for a Ocucor like weapon if you don't have sentient surge. My build is Gaze, ulnaris because it looks cool and macro arcroid for status chance and mag cap. I think you can get more range(7-10m??) on gaze if you built without ulnaris but 38m is plenty with ulnaris + ruinous extension imo. Epitaph quick shot spam is another secondary option with viral/heat build. Force cold procs are nice cc on any frame.

Citrine is also a good choice. There is so much going on in her kit and a lot of ways to build her. I just wish that prismatic gem was base 20m to match silence. oh well. 

7 hours ago, Kronxito said:

Yes. Noctua + xata = 10 energy per second. 

In addition you have zenurik. 

in adition you have arcane energize. 

Thats the build i go with. 

I think Noctua can't be used while your energy is fully drained. 

There's always Nezha, just keep Warding Halo above 100K (easier if fighting lvl >300), use the new augment for Divine Spear to spread heat status. combining Divine Spear and Blazing Chakram + Equilibrium made you not to worry about Health & Energy. Subsume Breach Surge to his 1. Adaptation & Rolling Guard as precaution. Burn the Infested.

7 hours ago, VibingCat said:

I think Noctua can't be used while your energy is fully drained. 

That is a very rare situation. And for that i have my Laetum. Few mobs die, energy orb spawns triggering arcane energize and back on again. It isnt a problem at all. On top of that zenurik gets energy too.

Infested are easy. Never had energy problems against them. And i farmed mutagen samples for like 2 hours on steel path survival. They just dont stand a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Kronxito said:

That is a very rare situation. And for that i have my Laetum. Few mobs die, energy orb spawns triggering arcane energize and back on again. It isnt a problem at all. On top of that zenurik gets energy too.

Infested are easy. Never had energy problems against them. And i farmed mutagen samples for like 2 hours on steel path survival. They just dont stand a chance. 

Two-hour survivals are doable for most warframes. Have you tried a level cap on the Ur disruption, though? 

3 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Two-hour survivals are doable for most warframes. Have you tried a level cap on the Ur disruption, though? 

I did and no issues. 

EDIT: the higher the level the easier to keep xata up giving 10 energy/sec

no energy issues

Edited by Kronxito

I know certain people are really into "mains" and "one frame can do everything", but yeah, hildryn is NOT the choice vs. infested; pillage does NOTHING, and toxin goes through shields as all have said. 

Warframes are tools at the end of the day, or as Teshin says:

"The art of combat must be practiced, to truly master the canvas of war."

That includes being flexible with your choices :) 

Just take inaros/ hydroid/ chroma/ nidus/ kullervo and carve em UP :)