Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

getting owned on SP infested?

_Anise_

I have Arcane resistance to stop getting toxic status, I have adaption as DR, I am persistently charging my overshields

but I keep getting instantly downed while at full shields without being able to react!

what gives? what could be doing this and are their other measures I can take to help mitigate this from happening?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb _Anise_:

I have Arcane resistance to stop getting toxic status, I have adaption as DR, I am persistently charging my overshields

but I keep getting instantly downed while at full shields without being able to react!

what gives? what could be doing this and are their other measures I can take to help mitigate this from happening?

which warframe? how much health/armor? which weapon and build?
my warframes can hardly be killed by sp infested. and against them I do the most damage. So hardly anything comes alive to me.

• Like 1

hildryn so not much hp, I know she isn't the best frame for infested but the heat augment was designed for this? I am melting enemies with the xoris but also tried dual ichor, I thought maybe it was just her but I tried with a few other shield-centric warframes and found the same deal, arcane resistance but somehow I still see to randomly die while shields are up

13 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

Just to be sure.

Arcane Resistance resist the toxin status effect, but not the damage itself. A player/enemy that has a toxin "modifier" causes a portion of their damage to go through shields.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

Arcane Resistance only helps against Toxin procs.  Toxin damage bypasses shields with or without a proc, so I don't find the arcane useful.  Health, armor, damage resistance, and invulnerabilities will help absorb the damage.  Also if you have a source of radiation status, that may be useful by reducing the Toxic Ancient aura's danger.

But even more than the other factions, Infested are to me a case where "the best defense is often a good offense".   It's hard to say much more than that without knowing more about your builds.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I have adaption as DR, I am persistently charging my overshields

Infested don't constantly hit you with toxin, they hit you with infrequent toxin bursts which counters adaptation. You can use Antitoxin to have 'always on' toxin resistance.

I believe others have already highlighted this ,

But just to reiterate.

1) Toxin ancients and mutalist ospreys will bypass shields and do direct toxin damage to your health irrespective of the arcane resistance. This is usually an instant KO at high enough levels if you don't have enough EHP.

2) Adaptation needs to build stacks of that element you are getting damaged by , if you can't survive the first 5 or so hits then adaptation is not going to help.

3) Hildryn isn't the best against infested even with the augment , you could build for some Armor and health for these specific scenarios , but at SP level , your best option is to take out toxic ancients and mutalist ospreys from a distance before they do their attacks.

• Like 1

I have encountered similar issues with just about any frame and even revenent despite mesmer skin and overshields using a rakta dagger. I considered it was simply a bug or bad luck but I now try to keep my eye on the enemies and often use operator mode to zip away and then from a distance shoot once back in my frame and the instant death I was experiencing is no longer happening unless of course I did not pay attention. Most times it occurred was when I dive into a crowd and do my hack and slash melee attacks. My assumption is that I put myself in a situation where I was not one shot by an individual enemy but did not pay attention and got hit by several at the same time. Most times if i remember correct were corpus SP survival missions where of course those shield ospreys in a group tend to mitigate my damage output and due to my own over enthusiasm put myself in a bad situation.

• Like 1

The very best option to deal with the infestation at any enemy level is Revenant. The second one, more versatile, is Banshee's Silence. Then, if you play Banshee herself with Gloom, then that's utter perfection. This faction is not only problematic because of toxic damage, the other huge issue is the energy drain caused by Ancient Disruptors. 

Stealth is also viable, especially with silenced weapons, but not as good as Silence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

I have encountered similar issues with just about any frame and even revenent despite mesmer skin

Maybe while recasting Mesmer Skin? For more safety, I do it with Rolling Guard.

Well best response would be get something which gives you status immunity, or status clear.

Like spellbind helminthn,carnis mod set gives status immunity, rolling guard as suggested above. Or even wyrm with negate could be real consideration.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Maybe while recasting Mesmer Skin? For more safety, I do it with Rolling Guard.

possibly but I think it is my own fault due to having such fun and hectic moments I simply get overwhelmed and pay the price for a second of not paying attention. only reason I considered it a bug at the time as a while back the infested could occasionally spew that yellow pus that if you did not move out of it fast enough you were dead almost instantly. That was changed but in reality I have to assume it is simply my own blunders and need to adapt.

Just now, johnno23 said:

possibly but I think it is my own fault due to having such fun and hectic moments I simply get overwhelmed and pay the price for a second of not paying attention. only reason I considered it a bug at the time as a while back the infested could occasionally spew that yellow pus that if you did not move out of it fast enough you were dead almost instantly. That was changed but in reality I have to assume it is simply my own blunders and need to adapt.

I understand your point. Playing Revenant also makes me less cautious and more daring lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I have Arcane resistance to stop getting toxic status,

Does it protect you against toxin damage? Because that also bypasses shields. I have been 1shotted by Toxic Ancient on full Vex Armor STR Chroma.

All in all what kills you most of the time is getting into melee range of lots of enemies or standing still for 1 second too long. If you remember to not do any of those things you are gonna be fine.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

I don't usually run into any problems with infested using hildryn. Aegis storm + balefire surge work fine: storm keeps most enemies cc'd, balefire surge provides overshields so that rare instances of toxic damage won't bypass to health.

Others have already explained the nature of toxin proccs versus toxin damage. With Hildryn specifically, you could potentially try using Rolling Guard. That should give you a good window of survivability. You could also try the Arcane that gives you health on kill (I forget its name, (Arcane Blessing?!?). Yes, I know, you are Hildryn, so like... whats health, but against Infested, and if you are struggling, and since Hildryn usually has more options for Arcanes, and you are already running Adapation, a larger health bar can be a nice buffer, specifically against toxin attacks that bypass your shields. Since you are already using the augment, and its Infested you should also be killing a lot of them pretty fast to stack the Arcane, and in combination with Rolling Guard should give you a bigger breathing space. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Arcane resistance stops the status proc, not the toxin damage

Which is to say, you’ll still get the damage from toxin

Overshields are your best friend for Hildryn, use condemn helminth in place of pillage for infested

Could also replace your four if you want to keep pillage+augment 

Il y a 10 heures, _Anise_ a dit :

hildryn so not much hp, I know she isn't the best frame for infested but the heat augment was designed for this? I am melting enemies with the xoris but also tried dual ichor, I thought maybe it was just her but I tried with a few other shield-centric warframes and found the same deal, arcane resistance but somehow I still see to randomly die while shields are up

Helminth can help a little with that problem for infested mission use https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Parasitic_Armor (lvl 11 Helminth).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VibingCat said:

The very best option to deal with the infestation at any enemy level is Revenant. The second one, more versatile, is Banshee's Silence. Then, if you play Banshee herself with Gloom, then that's utter perfection. This faction is not only problematic because of toxic damage, the other huge issue is the energy drain caused by Ancient Disruptors. 

Stealth is also viable, especially with silenced weapons, but not as good as Silence.

Dante quietly enters the chat…

• Like 1

Infested sp missions with a shieldgating build is a nightmare, it's kill or be killed. toxin damage is a hard counter to shieldgating as it bypasses shields entirely and attacks health. get a aoe weapon and kill everything before they have a chance to react, either it's full energy drain or insta death, no inbetween.

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb _Anise_:

She is actually a very good tank like Inaros. Screenshot of the build and your weapon would help.

Because I played with Hildryn today in SP circuit against lvl 1k opponents and there's no way anyone will kill me.

Maus.gif

5 hours ago, VibingCat said:

But can he prevent energy drain? 🤔

Yes. Noctua + xata = 10 energy per second. 

In addition you have zenurik. 

in adition you have arcane energize. 

Thats the build i go with.