Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is there some way to skip The New War?

uhnubuh

Question

I really hate this quest line, but it seems like 90% of the game's content lies beyond it.  Is there not some way to skip it?  I see a lot of other forum posts detailing why it is awful, so I won't go into details.  I'd just like to move on.

Thanks all!

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

On 2024-04-30 at 4:37 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

No but its not that bad, just take your time and relax .. people try to rush stuff and panic then frustration kicks in.. slow is smooth .. smooth is fast!

I think for most people it isn't hard and is enjoyable.  But there is a definite percentage of us who have trouble with it for various reasons.  I'm currently on my fifth hour of dying to the second archon.  That's not counting the breaks, naps, time out to watch how others handled this archon, etc.  5 hours of dying to Nira.  The first archon took me 2 hours....

I'm not trying to do it fast.  I'm just trying to do it.  And not succeeding, lol.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I wish there was an option to skip it. My wife dropped the game as a MR24 because of it.

That is late. Warframe signals very clearly from the begining, that it is not the game for the weak and impatient.

18 minutes ago, uhnubuh said:

I'm currently on my fifth hour of dying to the second archon.  That's not counting the breaks, naps, time out to watch how others handled this archon, etc.  5 hours of dying to Nira.  The first archon took me 2 hours....

Have you read the strategy section under New War and Archon Nira? Do you execute every countermove properly?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_New_War#Archon_Nira

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archon_Nira#The_New_War

I did this on release where those werent even there and had to think, use google and ask allies to figure out how to countermeasure her moves. If I did not understood something I imidiately paused annd analysed. Am I some kind of superhuman to do those in 1st attempt? I suck at Souls-like, I usually cheese stuff there. PS: It was also nerfed, so your Archon does less damage and has less HP than mine.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)

I spent a couple of days on the New War but half of my game play was drinking coffee to cool down and think.

one section I had difficulty with was the sneak mission as I totally forgot i had smoke grenades/bombs which actually made the sneak mission very easy. Another section that took me a while to get my head around was actually taking time to listen to the dialogue. Most times due to so many hours of playing warframe that dialogue tends to go in one ear and straight out the other after hearing them so often. The New War has dialogue that gives very important info which of course I was ignoring and kept failing at that time.

Anyways just take it slow and be methodical.... only one real tip I can give is simply to not try and brute force your way thru as you will likely fail miserably. And if you do get stuck there is a plethora of guides videos and tactics that are listed here in the forums for how to tackle puzzles machines enemies etc etc.

Edited by johnno23