The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical chance

KizuatoPrime

Question

14 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, KizuatoPrime said:

On heavy attacks i reached to a crit chance of 835.5% but is there any point of having that high 

I need to fix this i calculated again and realized i made a little mistake so my heavy has 582% and my basic attacks should have 302% but i don't hit all reds so that was my guestion basically why isn't my basic attacks hitting red crits

You like to see big numbers?

Honestly, in vacuum we cannot say too much. Do your weapon kill all enemies? No need for more damage/crit. Still not killing fast enough? You can add more crit or add/change other stuff.

8 minutes ago, KizuatoPrime said:

I need to fix this i calculated again and realized i made a little mistake so my heavy has 582% and my basic attacks should have 302% but i don't hit all reds so that was my guestion basically why isn't my basic attacks hitting red crits

Describing all of your gear contributing to crit bonuses would be a good start.

2 minutes ago, KizuatoPrime said:

I wanted all reds:D

I guess when you get all reds, that was the point.

I see though that the question you asked wasn’t what you meant to ask, it might be worth editing the initial question

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Describing all of your gear contributing to crit bonuses would be a good start.

Well yea true

I have a syam with 22% base cc 36.4%cc from blood rush gladiator set bonus up to 30%cc sacrificial 175% and melee animosity for 140% for heavy attacks

2 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I guess when you get all reds, that was the point.

I see though that the question you asked wasn’t what you meant to ask, it might be worth editing the initial question

Well i do kinda want to see if there was a point of having it besides the absolute amount of adhd brain tingling

18 minutes ago, KizuatoPrime said:

Well i do kinda want to see if there was a point of having it besides the absolute amount of adhd brain tingling

Must admit I’m kind of curious as well. Usually pushing beyond any reasonable expectations of what a game designer might expect has me going “Just take it to Steel Path and see how far it goes”, since it’s the catch-all mode for broken builds, but could be good to know if there’s a reason beyond doing it just because we can

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KizuatoPrime said:

I have a syam with 22% base cc 36.4%cc from blood rush gladiator set bonus up to 30%cc sacrificial 175% and melee animosity for 140% for heavy attacks

With those numbers I only get 221% crit with light attacks at 12x combo.  So 21% chance of red.

Base crit * (1 + Full Blood Rush% + Full Glad% + Sacrificial Steel% ) = Total crit.  Animosity doesn't factor in to light attacks.

22 * ( 1 + 400.4% + 330% +175% ) = 221%

Even if you had BR and SS ranked up it'd still only be 240%. 

Generally speaking, people don't mix Blood Rush and Sac Steel, due to diminishing returns on crit% and the value of each mod slot.  Since you're mixing light attacks into your melee, you'll almost certainly be better off replacing Sac Steel with something else. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KizuatoPrime said:

but is there any point of having that high 

Every crit tier adds your to your damage by the added value of your crit damage. So lets say your crit damage is x4. Yellow crit does x4, orange crit does x8, red tier 1 crit does x12, tier 2 x16, tier 3 x20 and so on. Is it worth it in general? Yes, if you do not want to rely on armor stripping every point of damage counts. If you however have reliable armor stripping getting that high will just give you high overkills. Also it is the question of what are you sacrificing in order to get to that critical chance, it may happen to be worth more than the added critical damage multiplier, especially since going from yellow to range crit is 100% relative increase, but from orange to red just 50% and from red tier 1 to red tier 2 just 25% increase and so on. It kinda depends. 

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-05-14 at 10:15 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Since you're mixing light attacks into your melee, you'll almost certainly be better off replacing Sac Steel with something else. 

Just to supplement this, if a player is able to maintain a maxed combo multiplier and is using Tennokai to regularly proc lossless heavy attacks, then Sacrificial Steel is likely a better choice than Blood Rush.  Though I suppose it also depends on the weapon type, since every weapon type's heavy attacks have different multipliers and status.  Like if you're using a Heavy Nikana (6x heavy attack multiplier with forced slash proc) then Sacrificial Steel all the way bay-bee!

On 2024-05-15 at 10:57 AM, Zakkhar said:

Every crit tier adds your to your damage by the added value of your crit damage. So lets say your crit damage is x4. Yellow crit does x4, orange crit does x8, red tier 1 crit does x12, tier 2 x16, tier 3 x20 and so on. Is it worth it in general? Yes, if you do not want to rely on armor stripping every point of damage counts. If you however have reliable armor stripping getting that high will just give you high overkills. Also it is the question of what are you sacrificing in order to get to that critical chance, it may happen to be worth more than the added critical damage multiplier, especially since going from yellow to range crit is 100% relative increase, but from orange to red just 50% and from red tier 1 to red tier 2 just 25% increase and so on. It kinda depends. 

Slight correction. If modded CD is 4x then crit multi would go 4x, 7x, 10x instead of 4x, 8x, 12x

1 hour ago, FiveN9ne said:

Slight correction. If modded CD is 4x then crit multi would go 4x, 7x, 10x instead of 4x, 8x, 12x

jfnha.jpg

Crit tier multi = 1 + crit tier (modded crit multi - 1)

With my example stats 1 + X (4-1) (for yellow: X=1, orange: X=2, tier 1 red=3, tier 2 red=4) so it is

Yellow 1+(4-1), so x4

Orange 1+2*(4-1), so x7

Tier 1 red 1+3*(4-1), so x10

Tier 2 red 1+4*(4-1), so x13

Thanks for the correction.