Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience - Why is Duviri Unlocked Immediately?

Allyeana

A friend of mine installed the game literally yesterday (yes, literally yesterday, May 16th, no exaggeration). They haven't even cleared all the Earth nodes yet, hadn't yet tried the Venus Juncture, but when they cleared the quest Vor's Prize, Duviri Paradox is the only quest that doesn't have any prerequisites and looks like the next mission they should go for.

In fact, the game seems to be pushing them toward Duviri? They keep getting pop ups encouraging them to start the mission. Even though they have one frame, one weapon, and story wise has no idea that an Operator or Drifter exists? It feels very odd that this is where they're naturally pointed to.

This is after I had to point them to the Codex at all because the console was telling them to try to complete Saya's Vigil, but would tell them they needed to complete Vor's Prize without any way to actually LAUNCH Vor's Prize as far as they could see.

Below is what they see when they go to their Codex.... when they showed me this, I could see how they would think Duviri was the next natural step to take. image.png?ex=66492dcc&is=6647dc4c&hm=c90

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Allyeana said:

They keep getting pop ups encouraging them to start the mission

They can be disabled in Options menu: ESC, Options, Interface, Show Tenno Guide (2nd from top) Disable.

The melee weapons available in Duviri cave are extremly powerful for this stage of the game.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Duviri's launch came with a big push for new players. It was explicitly intended to be an alternative start to the game. I have to wonder how many actually took them up on that.

I can share the opinion of two friends who picked up the game after seeing me play it often and they both hated it simply because they felt it makes absolutely no sense, they had no clue what is happening, and they really didn't enjoy being forced to play as 'some random dude' to quote them. They went in expecting to play as the 'weird mecha ninjas' again to quote them, which is how they built their expectations based on the PSN Store game description and pictures.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Allyeana:

A friend of mine installed the game literally yesterday (yes, literally yesterday, May 16th, no exaggeration). They haven't even cleared all the Earth nodes yet, hadn't yet tried the Venus Juncture, but when they cleared the quest Vor's Prize, Duviri Paradox is the only quest that doesn't have any prerequisites and looks like the next mission they should go for.

In fact, the game seems to be pushing them toward Duviri? They keep getting pop ups encouraging them to start the mission. Even though they have one frame, one weapon, and story wise has no idea that an Operator or Drifter exists? It feels very odd that this is where they're naturally pointed to.

This is after I had to point them to the Codex at all because the console was telling them to try to complete Saya's Vigil, but would tell them they needed to complete Vor's Prize without any way to actually LAUNCH Vor's Prize as far as they could see.

Below is what they see when they go to their Codex.... when they showed me this, I could see how they would think Duviri was the next natural step to take. image.png?ex=66492dcc&is=6647dc4c&hm=c90

It was planned as a tutorial for new players. At least that's what I read somewhere.

But all this stuff isn't suitable for new players at all. New players will just get frustrated there and what's more, durivi in public has a lot of bugs and newbies can easily throw away 1-2 hours of playing time without any reward.

So... are there any good tutorials before you start? Because I can't imagine how the whole thing is supposed to work... even I with an account 2013 would have to study some YouTube videos because it was simply not at all clear how certain quests work there.

• Like 1

It's mainly to unlock the Circuit. New player can be expose to a wide variety of weapons plus frames. What mods are acceptable to use. Different mission types. And alternative way of getting frames.

Originally it was intended to be an alternate start to the game. But since duviri is nothing like traditional warframe it made new players bored, uninterested and ended up having the opposite effect DE wanted, so they locked it behind the first quest, so players need to find out what real warframe is like first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Originally it was intended to be an alternate start to the game. But since duviri is nothing like traditional warframe it made new players bored, uninterested and ended up having the opposite effect DE wanted, so they locked it behind the first quest, so players need to find out what real warframe is like first.

Except the real Warframe starts after The Second Dream and The War Within. Honestly, I think Duviri should be locked/combined with the Zariman/Holdfasts. It would be more streamlined in this way, and be late enough in the game for people to understand that it is a side-mode and not representative of the rest of Warframe.

• Like 3

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ominumi:

It's mainly to unlock the Circuit. New player can be expose to a wide variety of weapons plus frames. What mods are acceptable to use. Different mission types. And alternative way of getting frames.

Yes. Certain normal warframes in particular are very difficult to farm. examples would be khora, ivara etc.
but here too you have to be familiar with it. and/or know that warframes can be passed on to helmith so that the skills are available everywhere. This will become available later after the quest. but info would be very beneficial.
That's why new players are thrown into the deep end here too.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Joezone619:

then it's good. otherwise the whole thing would be a catastrophe. Just like New War Quest, where people get frustrated after a few hours and want to quit. but that doesn't work

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Except the real Warframe starts after The Second Dream and The War Within. Honestly, I think Duviri should be locked/combined with the Zariman/Holdfasts. It would be more streamlined in this way, and be late enough in the game for people to understand that it is a side-mode and not representative of the rest of Warframe.

IMO, it should be fused with the new war. After your operator has an unfortunate meeting with ballas, it should cut to the drifter in duviri. Mystery is nice but with how confusing and convoluted warframe's lore usually is, less is more.