The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reported

Thicondrius

Question

I took a warning for writing idiot in chat during the game, it's a week that I don't have game chat by any chance do you know how long can this thing last? just to know if after 11 years and 8200 hours of play at the first warning I have to uninstall and close account, thanks to those who will answer sensibly

You will have to contact support to find the duration, AFAIK chat bans tend to be temporary. Like 2 weeks? They will also be able to tell you what you said that led to this.

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us

Was this in Region chat? Do you have access to regular squad/clan/trade/lfg/etc. chat? I'd doubt just calling someone an idiot in a random mission would lead to anything, but I can definitely see the region chat mods giving warnings or suspensions. Either way - you can turn off Region chat in your settings and probably should. Nothing good comes from there.

3 minutes ago, Thicondrius said:

I took a warning for writing idiot in chat during the game, it's a week that I don't have game chat by any chance do you know how long can this thing last? just to know if after 11 years and 8200 hours of play at the first warning I have to uninstall and close account, thanks to those who will answer sensibly

You must play on STEAM.

Getting a ban for the word 'idiot' sounds very strange, if it is a bannable thing in today's world then the world truly is screwed.

• Like 5

Just now, Slayer-. said:

You must play on STEAM.

Getting a ban for the word 'idiot' sounds very strange, if it is a bannable thing in today's world then the world truly is screwed.

It is indeed odd. I remember in the olden days we usually just ended up with a broken nose or a blue eye when conversations escalated quickly.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is indeed odd. I remember in the olden days we usually just ended up with a broken nose or a blue eye when conversations escalated quickly.

It is radically idiotic to even ban a player for that word, when I managed servers back in the day to ban for that word would be stupid, I'd like to know which part of the world that mod is from, it might be something to do with their culture. UeTBSft.gif

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Slayer-.:

You must play on STEAM.

Very bad software does this automatically. The problem is that it takes things out of context and doesn't take billions of other factors into account.
So it can happen that 2 real life friends play in a private game and talk to each other in the game chat. But then suddenly someone gets an instant account ban because they wrote a "evil/bad/not tolerant" word in the chat. and it was just a joke.
This is real life story from the year 2024. I think I read this in Warframe Steam Forum.

• Like 1

immagine-2024-05-19-170148305.png

11 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You must play on STEAM.

i'm a steam player btw

Just now, Slayer-. said:

It is radically idiotic to even ban a player for that word, when I managed servers back in the day to ban for that word would be stupid, I'd like to know which part of the world that mod is from, it might be something to do with their culture. UeTBSft.gif

Could be. Honestly I'm 100% against banning for any word said when there is a bloody profanity filter in the game that people actively need to turn of in order to see "bad" words in the first place. And if the bad words arent in the filter, the player shouldnt get banned imo, the filter needs to have the word added at that point if seen as bad.

My personal reply to anyone reporting a player in a game where a filter exsists would be "why did you turn off the filter then?" and then just move on.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I was flagged, I made ticket to ask for explanation and was replied:Hello Thicondrius,

Some players may be banned or expelled from a channel due to the use of profanity, inappropriate language, spam messages, or other behavior that affects other players in a negative way.

Thicondrius: idiot

Any ban or expulsion from a chat channel is temporary, or may not include a notification with the reason why this action was taken against your account at the time it was taken. Since these are only temporary actions, Support is not directly involved in their resolution.

In this case, the restriction could last up to 1 week. It is possible that at this time the restriction placed on your chat has already been lifted and therefore you may already be able to use the chat freely.

I thank you for your understanding!

Edited by Thicondrius

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Thicondrius:

I was flagged, I made ticket to ask for explanation and was replied:Hello Thicondrius,

Some players may be banned or expelled from a channel due to the use of profanity, inappropriate language, spam messages, or other behavior that affects other players in a negative way.

Thicondrius: idiot

Any ban or expulsion from a chat channel is temporary, or may not include a notification with the reason why this action was taken against your account at the time it was taken. Since these are only temporary actions, Support is not directly involved in their resolution.

In this case, the restriction could last up to 1 week. It is possible that at this time the restriction placed on your chat has already been lifted and therefore you may already be able to use the chat freely.

I thank you for your understanding!

The problem is that there is no list of ridiculous words. because what was normal and ok yesterday can quickly be banned today.
Soon you might not even be able to write “gg” because that could offend someone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Very bad software does this automatically. The problem is that it takes things out of context and doesn't take billions of other factors into account.
So it can happen that 2 real life friends play in a private game and talk to each other in the game chat. But then suddenly someone gets an instant account ban because they wrote a "evil/bad/not tolerant" word in the chat. and it was just a joke.
This is real life story from the year 2024. I think I read this in Warframe Steam Forum.

Still stupid though, the extensive scripts I had running picked up on only super rude words and every way of typing it into game chat, words you wouldn't say to your grandmother.

5 minutes ago, Thicondrius said:

immagine-2024-05-19-170148305.png

i'm a steam player btw

Though so. :wink: :highfive:

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Could be. Honestly I'm 100% against banning for any word said when there is a bloody profanity filter in the game that people actively need to turn of in order to see "bad" words in the first place. And if the bad words arent in the filter, the player shouldnt get banned imo, the filter needs to have the word added at that point if seen as bad.

My personal reply to anyone reporting a player in a game where a filter exsists would be "why did you turn off the filter then?" and then just move on.

I have my filter turned off, I see heaps in Region chat typing stuff way worse than 'idiot' it doesn't bother me I'm a child of the sixties and grew up in the period where we were all hardened towards life. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I have my filter turned off, I see heaps in Region chat typing stuff way worse than 'idiot' it doesn't bother me I'm a child of the sixties and grew up in the period where we were all hardened towards life. 

Yeah same, turned off here aswell and not bothered. Not from the 60s myself, but grew up with hardened parents and grandparents as a child of the 80s. These days people get offended by the most silly S#&$.

edit: If someone called me an idiot I'd probably go "oh so you're the one who has been spying on me!".

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

The problem is that there is no list of ridiculous words. because what was normal and ok yesterday can quickly be banned today.
Soon you might not even be able to write “gg” because that could offend someone.

Welcome to the brainrot that is DEI.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thicondrius said:

I took a warning for writing idiot in chat during the game

That is the point. You did not just write the word idiot. You most likely called someone an idiot. Would you like to be called idiot by others? 

If you have a habit of calling other people idiots, maybe lose the habit?

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not from the 60s myself, but grew up with hardened parents and grandparents as a child of the 80s. These days people get offended by the most silly S#&$.

Nobody cares about your childhood experience. If you cant behave, you will be punished up to a point you can learn. It has nothing to do with being offended or not. We do not run around and call other people names. This is not how civilised societies work. Feel free to endure whatever you like, but treat others the best way you;d like to be treated yourself.

Yes, this is a game. I sometimes also vocalise when I get frustrated by other people behaviour. Or I just think about vocalising it. But typing it on chat is completely pointless. 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That is the point. You did not just write the word idiot. You most likely called someone an idiot. Would you like to be called idiot by others? 

If you have a habit of calling other people idiots, maybe lose the habit?

Nobody cares about your childhood experience. If you cant behave, you will be punished up to a point you can learn. It has nothing to do with being offended or not. We do not run around and call other people names. This is not how civilised societies work. Feel free to endure whatever you like, but treat others the best way you;d like to be treated yourself.

Yes, this is a game. I sometimes also vocalise when I get frustrated by other people behaviour. Or I just think about vocalising it. But typing it on chat is completely pointless. 

like no one cares about your broom up your backside, go read up on what idiot means! if I get called an idiot I assess the moment and if I have been yes shut up, going netracelle and kill outside the red circle to annoy is IDIOT yes and I would still say it no problem I take responsibility. I asked a question I didn't complain, I don't care about answers from people like you who don't even read hello.

Edited by Thicondrius
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Thicondrius said:

like no one cares about your broom up your backside, go read up on what idiot means! if I get called an idiot I assess the moment and if I have been yes shut up, going netracelle and kill outside the red circle to annoy is IDIOT yes and I would still say it no problem I take responsibility. I asked a question I didn't complain, I don't care about answers from people like you who don't even read hello.

It is not about the words it is about the respect to others. You clearly have none. Also  you may think he is an idiot, hell you may be 100% sure of that. But calling him an idiot in game, on a logged chat is the definition of acting like an idiot.

PS: I have hard times understanding your English. Is that some kind of slang? Jersey shore?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not about the words it is about the respect to others. You clearly have none. Also  you may think he is an idiot, hell you may be 100% sure of that. But calling him an idiot in game, on a logged chat is the definition of acting like an idiot.

PS: I have hard times understanding your English. Is that some kind of slang? Jersey shore?

Their English is fine, don’t try to belittle them ty.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Their English is fine, don’t try to belittle them ty.

I do not attempt to belittle anyone. If anything, I am belittling myself for having trouble understanding. I am just curious.

eg: this part

like no one cares about your broom up your backside

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

like no one cares about your broom up your backside

It’s a very common saying, it basically means you’re pompous/arrogant

16 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Fair enough if you genuinely don’t understand so be it, in future though how about asking people for a quick explanation, by what you said here it it comes off as if you are dismissing that posters opinion because you can’t understand their comment.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

It’s a very common saying, it basically means you’re pompous/arrogant

Saying maybe, but do you also write starting the sentence with "like"? What is the purpose/meaning of that word there? I know certain people use it in the middle of speaking as a filler. But that is in speaking English (not written one) and in the middle. I know the saying, I just do not understand this grammar structure at all. I know certain people talk like this, but rarely have I had a chance to see anything like that written down.

It is offtopic anyway. No need to continue this on here, feel free to DM me if you want to.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

Saying maybe, but do you also write starting the sentence with "like"? What is the purpose/meaning of that word there? I know certain people use it in the middle of speaking as a filler. But that is in speaking English (not written one) and in the middle. I know the saying, I just do not understand this grammar structure at all. I know certain people talk like this, but rarely have I had a chance to see anything like that written down.

The word “like” in my country (Uk) is often used to break up a sentence does that makes sense? almost like a place holder

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It is offtopic anyway. No need to continue this on here, feel free to DM me if you want to.

Just saw this ye give me like 1 minute.

18 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The warframe chat mods basically have free reign to chat ban you for whatever the hell they feel like. And there's lines in the ToS explicitly stating that DE can ban you for literally any reason they feel like including no reason at all. And the chat moderators in this game are obscenely sensitive and trigger happy.

You say something even a little off-handed or the tiniest bit potentially misinterpretable and just catch a mod on a bad day, no matter how warranted or innocuous what you said was, you can say goodbye to your chat privileges for the next week or two.

Or very occasionally just get perma-banned from the game.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb PollexMessier:

The warframe chat mods basically have free reign to chat ban you for whatever the hell they feel like. And there's lines in the ToS explicitly stating that DE can ban you for literally any reason they feel like including no reason at all. And the chat moderators in this game are obscenely sensitive and trigger happy.

You say something even a little off-handed or the tiniest bit potentially misinterpretable and just catch a mod on a bad day, no matter how warranted or innocuous what you said was, you can say goodbye to your chat privileges for the next week or two.

it's really like that. That's what it says in the contract that you get in front of your nose at the very beginning.
And the rules are so vaguely defined that you can freely interpret them depending on your mood.
That's why it's not worth holding on to the account at all. you can lose it for no reason. and life still goes on.

52 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Agreed, i usually try to screenshot as much as possible, mods 100% need to held more accountable, they often bend the meaning of things to put them into tos brackets, or stealth delete comments so you can be painted in a unfavourable light, or if they just don’t like what you said they can raise an issue.