The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with protea

Zone15Dj

Question

8 answers to this question

2 минуты назад, Zone15Dj сказал:

I’m trying to get protea but I can’t kill the enemies fast enough, if anyone could lend a hand that would be great

• Use Xoris to free the stranded Solaris people - doing so will give you additional time.
  • Use Mesa. Her Peacemaker skill is very good for killing Parvos' specters fast.
  • Ask for help in recruiting chat, it's faster than waiting for someone on the forum.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zone15Dj said:

I’m trying to get protea but I can’t kill the enemies fast enough, if anyone could lend a hand that would be great

I personally recommend Revenant, though as Tesla said Mesa is also a good pick

And as always, running the Xoris will get you the most reliable source of time bonuses

4 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:
  • Use Xoris to free the stranded Solaris people - doing so will give you additional time.
  • Use Mesa. Her Peacemaker skill is very good for killing Parvos' specters fast.
  • Ask for help in recruiting chat, it's faster than waiting for someone on the forum.

Definitely Xoris.  Xoris was completely meant for this. If you're not detonating and getting the big circular expanding wave then you're doing something wrong. look for the three pips to be filled in on your reticle.  I found that Mesa Peacemaker to be harder and less reliable than Xoris.

If you ask for help, then you need pretty competent help as, I believe, the requirement goes up for every additional member in the team.  It actually gets harder if you ask for help. I too originally thought this was too hard for me as well, but after a couple of tries, I found I was able to do it reliably.  Eventually I managed to farm two Proteas by myself.

Another thing to consider is that Protea Prime is out, unless you're farming for a Hellminth snack and continue to struggle with the Granum Void, maybe just farm for the prime?

Gerade eben schrieb Anonymouse7611:

Definitely Xoris.  Xoris was completely meant for this. If you're not detonating and getting the big circular expanding wave then you're doing something wrong. look for the three pips to be filled in on your reticle.  I found that Mesa Peacemaker to be harder and less reliable than Xoris.

If you ask for help, then you need pretty competent help as, I believe, the requirement goes up for every additional member in the team.  It actually gets harder if you ask for help. I too originally thought this was too hard for me as well, but after a couple of tries, I found I was able to do it reliably.  Eventually I managed to farm two Proteas by myself.

Another thing to consider is that Protea Prime is out, unless you're farming for a Hellminth snack and continue to struggle with the Granum Void, maybe just farm for the prime?

Xoris definitely or unlimited ammo weapon. Prob with Xoris is that only a few players max this weapon. But this Aoe damage is required.
i farmen here with mesa last years. But Mesa has to be pimped and go in portal with Max Energy.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Zone15Dj:

The simplest would be Railjack Crew Member with something like Kuva Zarr and Warframe with DMG Buff. Then you can very comfortably farm every planet and always get 3/3. Simply let Railjack Crew Member spawn on the rock at the top and stand there.

Hello @Zone15Dj, there are many ways to do that easily, the most basic, and cheapest, option would be to use Xoris as it's a good glaive that is specifically made for that content and already comes with a potato. Now for a much more easier way to do it would be to use Mesa with her 4th or Octavia (my personal recommendation). If you are on a "budget" I recommend Octavia as she is relatively cheap to build, useful in many types of content and very easy to learn how to use her!

• Like 1

If you still need help, since cross play is a thing, you can PM me, and we can try and arrange a time to team up and do the mission together. I can hard carry that mission. We might have to check out whether we can connect though as well, if we are on opposite sides of the world. Maybe this weekend?

If you want some advice? Well people have been giving some hints and tips already, but something else thats important is positioning. That can make a big difference. For example, my fastest clear times are with Mesa, and I always make sure to jump towards the pyramid in the centre arena area. With Mesa specifically, you can kill Spectres in such a way, that they will continually spawn in the same locations, letting you kill them as soon as they spawn, over and over again. Some people do say they find Mesa a bit difficult for this, but ehh, it may just be a positioning issue. With Mesa, you won't need time extensions, you kill the enemy so fast. 

That being said, if you don't want to use Mesa, thats fine too. Xoris can be good, but you may also need a bit of practice and familiarity. Pretty much all Warframes with an AOE, can jump on the Pyramid and shoot downwards, and this can be a way to achieve a similar effect, as far as Errant spectres grouping on at a point, getting killed, but spawning close and in the same general area, allowing for quick killing, spawns, and killing. Octavia is good, you can also use your Railjack crew member too, as another recommended. I also found it easy with Xaku, Garuda, Ember, but again, whats more important is finding a Warframe you feel comfortable with and like. Remember you can also use things like Energy Pads. So you might have to think which of your Warframes does the best DPS/nuking, chuck down an energy pad so you don't need to worry about energy, throw out a On Call Crew Member, and practice, keeping in mind your positioning. Xoris can extend time, but their are also small golden pyramids that defeated enemies can leave behind, that you can pick up for time as well. 

Good luck! Keep at it! Protea is really fun, I am sure you will get there eventually! 

On 2024-05-20 at 12:13 AM, Anonymouse7611 said:

I found that Mesa Peacemaker to be harder and less reliable than Xoris.

Mesa is all about proper positioning. You have to find the sweet spot and elevation. You also have to occasionallyt grab the little golden pyramids, so you cannot stay in Waltz all the time.