Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firewall Problems

[DE]Glen

I've been troubleshooting without luck. I changed ports, reinstalled, port forwarded, defragged what have you. The game worked before this. Now I'm not showing up as online in game, invites are not sent or received, though I can solo. Very sad, but all I can do now is wait - it's pretty obviously a problem on the server side.

I did exactly what you have done, i even have 2 companies of internet in my house and tried with both modems without any change. I can get ingame and use the regional chat, but when i send invites, they never arrive. and my friend dont see me online.
I can solo, but i only play this game with friends, so i cannot play.

This is an awkward coincidence, or its a problem on the server =P

UDP firewall port error is back after downloading today's hotfix. Here's to hoping DE gets on it soon.

X2! This is the third time I've been here for the same problem that seems to go away by itself, but only re-occurs after a hot fix.

Edited by Unagi604

• 2 weeks later...

so i logged off last night, came on this morning and now i have this port error stuff? i don't get it not a single thing changed. tried to reinstall the game, verified the cache. Nothing so far i've downloaded the game twice lol... is this going to get a hotfix change soon? i don't really understand wtf is going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I tell you this Some times It Are stuff. But this time it on your Side Ppl at Warframe. I know its not me. My Pc was remove from the Firewall Of my Router the I know it not my ATi Viurs. So Get off YOur Buts and Find out what the Issue is with your dame Survrers.

"Failed to Join Session" - Cannot accept party invites (80% of the time). . . i swear its based on the moon phase or tide schedule. . . 

Ports forwarded, FIrewall OFF, Unplug/Replug router.

I can play the game, Chat in the various chat tabs, but CANOOT accept party invites.  If i want to join a group I must first invite the host, then he/she invites the rest of the group. . . 

There is also the rare occurrence where I invite a host to my party (cause i cannot join) and they click accept. . . then say "username" not online. . . even through we are talking in a private chat tab. . . 

To be fair, I have only played this game about 5 days now. .  .I am. .. . er WAS addicted, and excite to see where this game would/could have gone.

I will continue to read forums, and troubleshoot. . . but their support website is said to be down for a Canadian Holiday. .. lets see what else the User Forums have. .  .

Sincerely. .  .

A potential new player/supporter

It seems to me that on users' ends there should be no blockages and yet there are, and on the devs' builds there are no problems when there should be. Has anyone thought about what happens in between? When you send off a packet, it's isn't simply thrown into the ether to be gobbled up by the right computer, nor are they direct ethernet links to each other. Inevitably, it has to route through many lines, hubs, across ISPs, country borders, firewalls from external sources like kind entire countries put up, etc. in order to reach a potential target.

Maybe we should be thinking about more than what's at either end, but rather what's in the middle. Maybe we should ask different questions like, "What ISP do you have? Where are you playing from? Who are you trying to connect with and what ISP do they have?" These are of course a bit personal, but if there is an issue with certain ISPs connecting with another, or a problem with a specific hub routing data improperly, no amount of fiddling around on test environments or player's setups would fix the problem. It's a serious stretch, considering that it's unlikely that such a problem would affect only Warframe, but it's technically possible.

I know that for me, I have Time Warner cable. I know that there is a particular member of my clan where he and I always have trouble connecting to each other, but not other people, even the same people. Any time we want to play in the same session, we need to have a third person host. I also learned the other day that he and I both live in Texas, both in the Dallas area. Coincidence? Probably. But then, who knows? Of course if you don't feel confortable revealing that info, no pressure, but if we can collect some data, or if DE can anonymously collect similar data (or maybe they already have and this whole post is rendered pointless) and maybe see if there are any correlations with connection issues, I think it would help a lot, or at least rule one possibility out.

Edited by Dalsio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like what in the world? I had this firewall issue once, I forwarded all my ports and allowed them through firewalls or even closed my firewall programs to try. It didn't work. Then I validated my game files on steam and ofcourse it downloaded stuff, the warframe launcher had to redownload 5gbs. However this worked. For a while anyway. Suddenly now I have this issue again where I do see the chat and stuff but I can't join any squads and I am doomed to play solo. I didn't change any options at all so why would this happen out of the blue?

I sure as hell won't be redownloading the game again. Modem reset didn't fix it, flushing dns didn't fix it, pc restart didn't fix it, port forwarding didn't fix it, disabling firewalls didn't fix it, punching my pc didn't fix it... so what does it take to play this game?

It feels like i'm playing a trial or a demo game that runs out every 3 days and I have to exploit it by redownloading and be able to play again. What the hell. :[

Edit: Suddenly I could play again after this post. I guess it just randomly happens. I have no idea.

Edited by Kafes

• 3 weeks later...

1000 hours of play. now all of a sudden in past 7 days get "Warframe needs UDP 4950 and 4955 ports open" popup.

In last two days, can no longer receive invites.

Haven't changed anything.

Tried port forwarding this way:

1) set static ip on my desktop wired to the router

2) set port fowarding rules on my router for my desktop's IP on those ports

still no dice.

windows firewall clearly allows warframe.

hm?

1000 hours of play. now all of a sudden in past 7 days get "Warframe needs UDP 4950 and 4955 ports open" popup.

In last two days, can no longer receive invites.

Haven't changed anything.

Tried port forwarding this way:

1) set static ip on my desktop wired to the router

2) set port fowarding rules on my router for my desktop's IP on those ports

still no dice.

windows firewall clearly allows warframe.

hm?

I have the same problem ,, but no one from DE staff is responding on the forums...

They always say it's the players problem 

I've sent a support ticket yesterday and I'm waiting for a respond ... :/