The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speedrunning Warframe Progression

Hello!

Its been years, and I restarted because my friends are new. Theyre struggling, so I wanna see how little time it can take to go from new account to established. More specifically, completing the New War and unlocking Steel Path. That way, im not some boomer who forgot how hard F2P Warframe was. 

I have no real plan, its all been brainstorming, but here's what i got.

- Choose Volt. Fast, shield is good, discharge is good. Excalibur is a fine pick too. 

- Clear as fast as possible to Europa. Saturn is hard. 

- On the way, build every blueprint given. Build Hek+Soma ASAP. Hek is solid single target, and soma is a good rifle. At least, IIRC.

Anyone have any wisdom? Any other suggestiond? Any F2P 'meta' for progression speedrunning?  Anything too unrealistic to include (like certain kinds of trading?)

Go public, that's honestly makes games much easier.

Maybe certain amps are good enough for starchart (or big part of it). Mine are good for such content (forget the name).

POE arcanes may help in certain content. Pulling or tethering arcane is nice for defense & grouping in general.

Posted (edited)

Credit card

Edit:

19 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Any other suggestiond? Any F2P 'meta' for progression speedrunning?

Nevermind, my bad.

Edited by Himerance

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, utilize the Circuit so you can get more meta frames like Mesa or Saryn? Can't remember how many slots you get in the beginning or can get so this might not be helpful lol.

Oh yeah you can get Hydroid if you got the space, he can net you a lot more loot with his augment and melts armor now.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, quxier said:

Go public, that's honestly makes games much easier.

Maybe certain amps are good enough for starchart (or big part of it). Mine are good for such content (forget the name).

POE arcanes may help in certain content. Pulling or tethering arcane is nice for defense & grouping in general.

Public's the plan. No reason to remove such a tool from a challenge when anyone can use it.

I thought about playing the open worlds, too. They seem to offer lots of good mods (Augur, Vigilante, Hunter, etc.) Theres also Endo, Credits, Blueprints. Seems like good stuff.

I want to get into open worlds after Europa and clearing a bunch of the star chart. Seems like at that point i'll be strong enough to handle up to T3 and even T4 bounties. 

Anyone got reccomendations for weapons and warframes? 

7 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Hmmm, utilize the Circuit so you can get more meta frames like Mesa or Saryn?

You mean "get more" as in unlock them? Does the Circuit reward that? Duviri seems strong though. That free MR from intrinsics seems very, very valuable.

Edited by krekireftw

Just now, krekireftw said:

You mean "get more" as in unlock them? Does the Circuit reward that?

Yup, it's still a F2P route so you still have to build all the parts but completing a Circuit will get you the Blueprints and Parts for a frame. Don't know what rotation it's currently on atm.

Ooo also joining a clan can get you access to some decent weapon Blueprints like the Bubonico.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Hmmm, utilize the Circuit so you can get more meta frames like Mesa or Saryn? Can't remember how many slots you get in the beginning or can get so this might not be helpful lol.

Oh yeah you can get Hydroid if you got the space, he can net you a lot more loot with his augment and melts armor now.

Just saw ur edit. Hydroid is a top pick, but he's not super easy to get early on. Probably good to grab for the second half of the star chart though!

23 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Theyre struggling, so I wanna see how little time it can take to go from new account to established.

You plan to spoil their experience or just yours?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Public's the plan. No reason to remove such a tool from a challenge when anyone can use it

I was about to say do it solo. You do realise that going public is tantamount to the game playing itself for you, right…?

Are your friends struggling in public then?

vor 26 Minuten schrieb krekireftw:

Hello!

Its been years, and I restarted because my friends are new. Theyre struggling, so I wanna see how little time it can take to go from new account to established. More specifically, completing the New War and unlocking Steel Path. That way, im not some boomer who forgot how hard F2P Warframe was. 

I have no real plan, its all been brainstorming, but here's what i got.

- Choose Volt. Fast, shield is good, discharge is good. Excalibur is a fine pick too. 

- Clear as fast as possible to Europa. Saturn is hard. 

- On the way, build every blueprint given. Build Hek+Soma ASAP. Hek is solid single target, and soma is a good rifle. At least, IIRC.

Anyone have any wisdom? Any other suggestiond? Any F2P 'meta' for progression speedrunning?  Anything too unrealistic to include (like certain kinds of trading?)

If possible, really trade and buy in the shop:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nautilus
Because verglas gives you extreme advantages.

Posted (edited)

Will the newer players have access to a Dojo? That's a big part of the curve in progression, especially things like Archwing. Iridite an Oxium are pretty big contenders in that regard.

While Necramech acquisition has gotten easier, it's still a big haul. You're probably going to have to do some babysitting there.

Also, gotta say "Zakkhar" has a good point there.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall
  • Like 1

Definitely better to avoid public, it can change the results too much.

You either get a newbie(s) that makes you wait at extraction or a god that trivializes all missions 

41 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

I want to get into open worlds after Europa and clearing a bunch of the star chart. Seems like at that point i'll be strong enough to handle up to T3 and even T4 bounties. 

I guess you can "survive" with weak damage.

42 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

Anyone got reccomendations for weapons and warframes? 

Kuva nukor... but that's probably closer to sp. When I need to kill a lot AoE weapon especially chaining beam is my choice. There are tenet Glaxion. You can put e.g. corrosive + magnetic (progegnitor) + heat/cold (cold is innate). With 2 shards it's great. Without shards in the future update (armor stripping changes) it may not require shards.

50 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Plus normal circuit gives you bunch of augments, blueprints and resources.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You plan to spoil their experience or just yours?

Just mine. I was gonna offer tips based on what I learned, not actually encourage them to follow a strict roadmap and to go as fast as possible. Just wanna see what works, what doesn't, because I dunno what to tell my buddy stuck at MR 2 because he's bored and doesnt know what to do.

56 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I was about to say do it solo. You do realise that going public is tantamount to the game playing itself for you, right…?

Are your friends struggling in public then?

One has chosen public, the other has avoided it because "its so boring, lets not make it worse."

Public will often carry you, but as we all know, we get some pretty whack teammates. 

52 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

If possible, really trade and buy in the shop:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nautilus
Because verglas gives you extreme advantages.

Good equipment tip, thank you. Any beasts, MOAs, other sentinels worth it?

22 minutes ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Will the newer players have access to a Dojo? That's a big part of the curve in progression, especially things like Archwing. Iridite an Oxium are pretty big contenders in that regard.

While Necramech acquisition has gotten easier, it's still a big haul. You're probably going to have to do some babysitting there.

The roadmap will assume the player has access to, and desires, a clan. 

Necramech isnt even on my radar right now, but tbh, i feel like by the time it becomes a concern, the grind has become self explanatory and the equipment good enough to farm it.

15 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Definitely better to avoid public, it can change the results too much.

You either get a newbie(s) that makes you wait at extraction or a god that trivializes all missions 

This is a good thought. I'll reconsider public, but I think I'll still use it. Maybe i'll try soloing some missions to keep a baseline and compare? 

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

I guess you can "survive" with weak damage.

Kuva nukor... but that's probably closer to sp. When I need to kill a lot AoE weapon especially chaining beam is my choice. There are tenet Glaxion. You can put e.g. corrosive + magnetic (progegnitor) + heat/cold (cold is innate). With 2 shards it's great. Without shards in the future update (armor stripping changes) it may not require shards.

Plus normal circuit gives you bunch of augments, blueprints and resources.

thank you! 🙂

Edited by krekireftw
  • Like 1

The problem with animals and moas is that AI is very bad. They get stuck in the back room or are almost always AFK or do almost 0% damage.

But sentinel is always with you and will shoot non-stop thanks to the aimbot. Verglas even destroys enemies very quickly in steel path solo. And thanks to cold proc stacks, elite units are slowed down and do almost nothing.

14 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

One has chosen public, the other has avoided it because "its so boring, lets not make it worse."

Public will often carry you, but as we all know, we get some pretty whack teammates. 

I’m… not sure where the struggle part comes into play, then. It sounds like one is being carried by Public, and the other is perpetually overbuilt for the content they’re doing instead of jumping into content they’re built for or rebuilding for the content they’re doing using the progression they’ve made in earning alternative options.

Like, the game can be hard when you start exploring it, that’s why I thought that was what your friends were struggling with

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, krekireftw said:

I dunno what to tell my buddy stuck at MR 2 because he's bored and doesnt know what to do.

Get more stuff and rank it up. For starters every mastery fodder weapon available for credits. Some are sold after, some can be used to craft more mastery fodder.

Do quests (quests will require certain planets opened, clear the starmap). 

Get base warframes (or at least complete BPs for warframes) from Assasination missions.

Doesnt require any speedrunning at all.

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 17 Stunden schrieb krekireftw:

Just mine. I was gonna offer tips based on what I learned, not actually encourage them to follow a strict roadmap and to go as fast as possible. Just wanna see what works, what doesn't, because I dunno what to tell my buddy stuck at MR 2 because he's bored and doesnt know what to do.

The content at the beginning is also really boring. He hasn't seen anything of the game.
But everyone has their preferences. Maybe he knows a better game and compares it to that.

I don't necessarily see how making a new account to speed run through the game will help out your friends. Couldn't you try playing a few rounds with them, and talk/see what the more specific issue is? Like is it there modding that needs help? Are they short on slots? Finding some planets too difficult and or dying a lot? So on. 

That being said, regardless and to follow on with your plan. Duviri is a really good earlier suggestion. As well as Nightwave obviously. Nightwave should give you a few Weapon Slots (2) and (1) Warframe slot (IIRC, I can't check right now). Which should give you some decent flexibility as far as mastering random weapons for MR before selling to replace with new weapons to master. On top of the initial 50P I assume you will also use on slots. Duviri will give you a way to earn many Warframes that might be harder to get normally, as well as many of their Augments, and some Arcanes, and... some of the Duviri Melee you can get are really strong for the beginning of the game. 

Other than that, a lot of changes to new player progression have changed and eased up over the years. DE constantly makes small changes to different parts of it and other quests a bit further on. Oh and remember if you start your account soon, you should have plenty of time to grab the Pride Palette (it has a white and black and just many many colours in it, so having an easy and free colour palette will do wonders for your fashion frame). 

Good luck! 

Posted (edited)

I'd say Mag is the best starter frame. Crowd control with her 1, refill shields with her 4. Scales well into steel path once you get her Fracturing Crush augment to have her 4 also strip armor . At that point you can use any weapon for your primary, secondary, or melee...enemies will melt. Join either the New Loka or Perrin Sequence syndicate for easy access to Fracturing Crush.

Eventually get equilibrium from either the Lephantis fight or Duviri normal path to alleviate any energy economy concerns.

First things to do? Finish all the nodes on the star chart, finish quests as they become available. Spend the 40 of the 50 beginner-plat on weapon slots.

Start or join a clan to gain access to labs. Specifically for dragon keys to do "vault runs". Vault runs reward you with corrupted mods, one of those being Transient Fortitude. A level six Transient Fortitude will give Fracturing Crush 100% armor strip. 

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG

Think 50-100 hrs (hard to estimate how much you will 'rush' it and how efficient ) *in mission* time to unlock SP/arbies. The game is super easy now with reduced progression blocks/mastery locks  and all the new player stuff been eased up as well, but clearing the entire starchart is still a slog -  Ive done it a year ago on a totally fresh account. 

Dont start with Excal -  you will get Umbra for free with potato from the quest.
The best and frankly the only good low mr guns are kitguns - you can get one right away mr0 day 1 with 1 hr crafting - so you would have to rush to Fortuna, do the quest (its super easy now, but still dont get the drone killed) get the plasma drill and do some resource farming, then rush to Deimos for the Vermisplicer (cause its multi-target) and other parts from Fortuna (easier resources), refer to wiki for the material and their locations, its not hard and doesn't take too long, just confusing without the wiki, but its totally worth it and will save you time and effort in the long run since all the noob guns are bad and not multi-target. 

Your other concern is ENDO. The energy problem is already solved - you get Streamline, Equilibrium and Flow from the start so you can spam your skills, but you need end to upgrade mods and will be really lacking it in the early game with no reliable source, the game seems to drop some extra ayatans for new players - so be on a look out for them and of course smash every crate for the stars and rush to Maroo bazaar. Higher level open world bounties have decent endo rewards but you will need to get carried there and it adds more time.

The rest you seem to know yourself - craft and swap stuff for mastery. get mk1 fodder from the market just to level it up (tip - land killing blow on the eximus units for max sp gains on that weapon if solo), progress the junctions/quests, rush to Neptune index for credit farm,  all that basic stuff. Check for quickest syndicate missions to do them - always worth it. Join any clan cause you will need clan dojo stuff, like archwing  (get Amesha for heals asap)
You still need necramech for the final quest - but they are much easier to farm now and if you really want to rush/skip it then just buy prebuilt  parts from players. Thats the only remaining roadblock I can think of (correct me if there is something else I forgot)

If you decide to level up open worlds too then I could write a whole another guide on it, you can do it very efficiently just by hunting animals.