Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate This Damage System, I Just Hate It

yarash2110

all around the system is great, with elements, damage types, and everything, 

but honestly, i hate how they made weapons one faction only, every single weapon has a side where the damage is extremely low, and i think that its fu**** stupid that i can only use my favorite weapon on one planet because its only good against infested, or not being able to go to the void with my favorite weapon because its not a good weapon against armor, i want to use my favorite weapon on any mission regardless of what its best at, i don't want to have one weapon vs each faction just because with other weapons one light enemy takes away all of my ammo, 

please fix this, and write your opinion in the comments

this is just bullS#&$ man i want the old Damage there all weapons are great with 4 Forma now this crap cant compete agains lv 60 Enemies -> old Lv 120

there the old damge can still doing serious damage agains Lv 180 Enemies -> now Lv 85, and i can tell you about the endless useles story of D 2.0 weapons

You can always, I dunno, put an element that IS good vs armor (or shields) on your weapon and it should work better. Maybe not perfectly, but atleast better.

its abit hard to mod for infested a weapon that has 1.5 base slash damage, and i already own about 4 weapons like that, no matter how manny fire expel and slash damage mods you put on it it will suck

its abit hard to mod for infested a weapon that has 1.5 base slash damage, and i already own about 4 weapons like that, no matter how manny fire expel and slash damage mods you put on it it will suck

Ignore the slash damage, focus on the elements.

this is just bullS#&$ man i want the old Damage there all weapons are great with 4 Forma now this crap cant compete agains lv 60 Enemies -> old Lv 120

there the old damge can still doing serious damage agains Lv 180 Enemies -> now Lv 85, and i can tell you about the endless useles story of D 2.0 weapons

lvl 60 = lvl 150, not 120. And the old system was awful, if a weapon didn't ignore armor, it was bad compared to those that did.

puncture has a 2 multiplier for corpus, so yeah

Puncture deals bonus to armour only now. 

So unless I'm faced with a swarm of fusion moas Puncture has no bonuses against Corpus. 

Bravo very constuctive mate, now proof me if you can go to Endless Def further then 30 wave or suvive longer then 25 min

That is a scaling issue that is being looked at. 

Edited by LukeAura

Thats the big deal? It gives variation to the game, and make more weapons viable to certain things. I personally think its fantastic

Ya, but were being forced to use weapons that we don't like that are better against this or that enemy type, it's the same with Mastery, the only way to level up is to rank up weapons and warframes, mind you, weapons and warframes many of us don't like to use.

Instead of categorizing weapons in a Tier like system, they changed it so that only certain weapons are better against certain enemy types, and if your favortie weapon isn't good against Corpus, boo hoo, you need to use a weapon you don't like that's best used against Corpus.

Ya, but were being forced to use weapons that we don't like that are better against this or that enemy type, it's the same with Mastery, the only way to level up is to rank up weapons and warframes, mind you, weapons and warframes many of us don't like to use.

Instead of categorizing weapons in a Tier like system, they changed it so that only certain weapons are better against certain enemy types, and if your favortie weapon isn't good against Corpus, boo hoo, you need to use a weapon you don't like that's best used against Corpus.

Not exactly true. 

You can't use any build you want against all factions. I can take a puncture weapon that has no bonuses against 90% of Corpus(except for the rare armoured fusion moa), and mod it with magnetic damage to work well. But If I want a gas and puncture weapon its ability to take on corpus goes way down. 

Or, you use a certain element. My ignis has no problems vs corpus or grineer as long as it has mag for corpus or corrosive for grineer. The new bow with serration/split chamber is still killing ancients in one headshot for me. The new system simply means you can't build it like you used to in D1.0

@__Kanade__
Or, you know, mod it to deal magnetic + fire damage to deal with their shields, robots, and health all at once.  Its not that hard to mod it that way either honestly.
Or you could, oh I dont know, maybe have a primary that is good against their shields/robots and a secondary for their armor/flesh (corrosive + fire).  The add variation is MUCH better than 1.0 where you only ever used one weapon that was universally effective.  Now there are reasons to use other weapons, which believe it or not, is a GOOD thing.

@__Kanade__

Or, you know, mod it to deal magnetic + fire damage to deal with their shields, robots, and health all at once.  Its not that hard to mod it that way either honestly.

Or you could, oh I dont know, maybe have a primary that is good against their shields/robots and a secondary for their armor/flesh (corrosive + fire).  The add variation is MUCH better than 1.0 where you only ever used one weapon that was universally effective.  Now there are reasons to use other weapons, which believe it or not, is a GOOD thing.

I'm not so sure I agree with this.  With damage 2.0 we have some real room to customize weapons, to the point where I feel we might have some redundancies.  Let's look at the Boltor, Braton MKI, and Latron as examples of taste.  DE could make the Boltor and the Latron sport higher potential DPS, but they're definitely harder to wield than the Braton MKI.  They each could have equal amounts of impact, puncture, and slash damage, leaving it to mods to adjust that damage appropriately.

Right now, there's a bit of a problem in that late game more specialized weapons become more and more necessary, like high puncture and corrosive for Grineer.  Right now the Boltor and Latron cover, but the MKI is... well it's trash because it's primarily slash.  Never mind that overall it's stats just plain demand it be replaced ASAP and never looked at again.  The Braton deals a balanced amount of damage across all types, scales up fairly well with serration, and elemental mods definitely benefit from that as well.  Worse, the Braton is effectively the Boltor, only easier to work with.  Arguably, if the boltor works, the braton will too, if with somewhat lower DPS.

The gist of my point is that I'd rather players find a weapon they like, and be able to adjust its strengths towards targets via mods, as opposed to just finding specific weapons specialized to take on those targets.  These weapons could even come with mods "built in" like punch through for, say, a sniper rifle, shotgun, or the boltor, to justify keeping the stats similar across similar weapons, but to differentiate them from one another.

xD they at least need to fix the system. today a paris out beat my cernos, and we were fighting corpus. it was doing more damage than me, and some hits with my cernos was landing 14 damage on them. and the cernos is mainly impact damage which is good against shields. and yes the 14 damage was landed on with it having shields. but the thing that confuses me. is if the paris can land a 1 hit kill, but the cernos cant. btw both of these bows were not ranked. so no mods, and the paris out shined it. but the paris is puncture not impact. so please explain, how it out beat the cernos. impact damage, means nothing in this game apparently.

I feel ya, i also hate beeing like "forced" to swap weapons, and since low rank weaps are almost the same as rank 6-7, why bother with all the grind to access some weapons harder to build but work only vs one faction and are practically the same as no rank weaps.

xD they at least need to fix the system. today a paris out beat my cernos, and we were fighting corpus. it was doing more damage than me, and some hits with my cernos was landing 14 damage on them. and the cernos is mainly impact damage which is good against shields. and yes the 14 damage was landed on with it having shields. but the thing that confuses me. is if the paris can land a 1 hit kill, but the cernos cant. btw both of these bows were not ranked. so no mods, and the paris out shined it. but the paris is puncture not impact. so please explain, how it out beat the cernos. impact damage, means nothing in this game apparently.

Speculations, Paris has higher innate damage. 

Armour might be applying to shields. 

Puncture gets a bonus on armour and may be ignoring a portion of armour. 

Screw up in charge and uncharged shots. 

my loadout:

WarFrame    Main Weapon        Secondary       Melee

Valkyr             Soma                    Embolist           Obex

Why this combo works: Valkyr, although not very tanky, is without a doubt the most mobile frame in the game(yes, more so than nova, providing there are walls/ceiling to play off of) and one can use this to an amazing advantage.

Then we have Soma. We ALL know about soma, so there's that. Mine has either viral, or blast damage on it. now although blast isn't particularly effective against shields, shields last $&*^ in this game, so its not really a major concern, and the blast damage hits the shieldless whatever and down it goes.

Next the embolist, ALSO modded for blast damage, works in tandem with the Obex's AoE knockdown(which i've had no problems using in T3 defense) and then my embolist can rip apart whatever it hits within a second to a second and a half. I've yet to encounter something in this game(bosses and stalker included as i haven't fought either yet with it since 2.0) that can withstand my embolist spraying it in the face, and as i mentioned before, the Obex's AoE with a max reach is fairly redic.

all around the system is great, with elements, damage types, and everything, 

but honestly, i hate how they made weapons one faction only, every single weapon has a side where the damage is extremely low, and i think that its fu**** stupid that i can only use my favorite weapon on one planet because its only good against infested, or not being able to go to the void with my favorite weapon because its not a good weapon against armor, i want to use my favorite weapon on any mission regardless of what its best at, i don't want to have one weapon vs each faction just because with other weapons one light enemy takes away all of my ammo, 

please fix this, and write your opinion in the comments

3 factions excluding corrupted.

3 mod loadouts.

Assemble each loadout for each faction.

???

profit!!!

It creates a diversity of builds now rather than just slotting on every elemental mod you can get your hands on. It encourages you to change your loadout per faction being faced. I quite like the mechanics behind it.

Edited by YoloObeySwag

Bravo very constuctive mate, now proof me if you can go to Endless Def further then 30 wave or suvive longer then 25 min

I solo 25 waves of Xini so... I don't know what you're talking about. That's doing it solo, with a squad, I could go higher and with endless defence, I aim for at least 30 mins.

Seriously, if you're not doing as much damage as you should be then get a better loadout or learn more about damage 2.0

I'm aware of adding certain elemental damage types to weapons that aren't great against this or that to help them out, but I wasn't referring to myself, in fact my 2 fav weapons the Supra and Synaspe are Grineer/Corpus killers respectfully. I was making a reference in general that someone will have to use a weapon they don't like if they're doing missions which their fav weapon probably isn't suited for the specific faction they're up against.

I'm aware of adding certain elemental damage types to weapons that aren't great against this or that to help them out, but I wasn't referring to myself, in fact my 2 fav weapons the Supra and Synaspe are Grineer/Corpus killers respectfully. I was making a reference in general that someone will have to use a weapon they don't like if they're doing missions which their fav weapon probably isn't suited for the specific faction they're up against.

I think you might have a point here.

Not one player I know of likes to gimp himself, and I think there is a possibility

that some may in order to use the weapon they do like.

If they really dont like certain weapons that are more effective

than the ones they like, It could also make them still pick the more effective, and

thus parehaps not like the game as much as they did previousely.

This might be a consern that the devs might want to look into.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

Edit: for clarification.

Edited by Stormfinnare