Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enlightened Hate Skin

Hi everyone, I've been saving up during the event to get that gorgeous hate skin, however I was very disappointed to see that if it's a hate incarnon, one you start the incarnon the new skin gets overridden 😭, I wish it had some type of toggle in customisation so that I can keep whatever appearance I want, I love that new enlightened skin, looks soooooo good, only for it to be taken away by my incarnon 😢 

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, UnderDough said:

Hi everyone, I've been saving up during the event to get that gorgeous hate skin, however I was very disappointed to see that if it's a hate incarnon, one you start the incarnon the new skin gets overridden 😭, I wish it had some type of toggle in customisation so that I can keep whatever appearance I want, I love that new enlightened skin, looks soooooo good, only for it to be taken away by my incarnon 😢 

I agree, I've been talking about a toggle for incarnon forms, similar to the prime toggle available for Warframes, that would disable the incarnon form visual effect.

My Dual Ichors is super buggy when Incarnon is active, which conflicts heavily with the amazing Year of the Dragon dual sword skin. I'd simply prefer to just toggle the incarnon cosmetic effect.

Since they added the reticles, I wouldn't doubt if this isn't already in the works. Would be a major reason to add that system, if you couldn't visually tell if the weapon is in incarnon form or not. I still find myself mostly looking at the buff in the top right, however (for melee). 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Agall said:

My Dual Ichors is super buggy when Incarnon is active, which conflicts heavily with the amazing Year of the Dragon dual sword skin. I'd simply prefer to just toggle the incarnon cosmetic effect.

Weird, my Dual Ichors just put the silver extra bits on top of the Tennogen skin I use. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel589 said:

Weird, my Dual Ichors just put the silver extra bits on top of the Tennogen skin I use. 

It depends on the skin and holster type you use. In the combination I use, being hip holstered and lunaeus skin, the dual ichors are holstered inside of your warframe, with the particle effects of the longer skin still persisting, which poke out the top of your head like a ponytail. They're still visible even when set to black.

I'd simply rather have the lunaeus skin all the time and rely on the reticle and buff duration to tell whether or not they're in incarnon form.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agall said:

It depends on the skin and holster type you use. In the combination I use, being hip holstered and lunaeus skin, the dual ichors are holstered inside of your warframe, with the particle effects of the longer skin still persisting, which poke out the top of your head like a ponytail. They're still visible even when set to black.

I'd simply rather have the lunaeus skin all the time and rely on the reticle and buff duration to tell whether or not they're in incarnon form.

Ah. That bug. Yeah, I have that same bug as well actually. Mine are on my hips but the particle effects from the weapon elements will sometimes float on my back. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raziel589 said:

Ah. That bug. Yeah, I have that same bug as well actually. Mine are on my hips but the particle effects from the weapon elements will sometimes float on my back. 

Related to OP's comment, simply having a 'prime effects' like toggle for 'incarnon form' in the Appearance configuration for an incarnon weapon that would simply disable the 'incarnon enhanced' effect would solve this problem. Let the people who like that keep it, but also let the people who spend platinum or $$ on skins still enjoy those skins during gameplay (also a lot easier than fixing all the visual bugs with every new skin and incarnon weapons). 

• Like 5

Incarnons and skins have been a problem for some time now, I was hoping with this new skin maybe we could get a toggle (like you mentioned). :(

Hopefully these new posts can get the attention of DE and maybe they can change this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raziel589 said:

Afaik it changes to default skin as soon as you activate the Incarnon form for the first time and stays like this to the end of the mission.

27 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Afaik it changes to default skin as soon as you activate the Incarnon form for the first time and stays like this to the end of the mission.

It does, for melee weapons, incarnon form overrides any skins applied to the weapon. Skins on Dual Ichors though get an extra bit on the end, like the emissive effect of the skin doesn't go away when in Incarnon. I don't think I have a screenshot to show of it, but it does that with the lunaeus skin, where it keeps the longer emissive effect the blade has even while Incarnon, which looks kind of funky (and holsters to poke out the top of my head like a ponytail while holstered). 

I'm pretty certain that the Incarnon version is treated as a different weapon for the mesh. That being said, wish we could customize the Incarnon mesh including equipping skins. How cool would it be to use the normal Hate skin for the non-Incarnon Hate and then for it to switch to the Enlightened skin when you go into the Incarnon mode.

• Like 1

Super super support this. I got the Enlightened skin assuming it would not work in Inacarnon form, and I was disappointed to see I was right.

On 2024-06-21 at 6:16 PM, Grave.Knight said:

I'm pretty certain that the Incarnon version is treated as a different weapon for the mesh. That being said, wish we could customize the Incarnon mesh including equipping skins. How cool would it be to use the normal Hate skin for the non-Incarnon Hate and then for it to switch to the Enlightened skin when you go into the Incarnon mode.

I thought of this, and I think it would be a really cool choice, but it would step on some toes for the folks who don't want to use the incarnon genesis.
The only reasonable way to implement this without making that problem is to make a second skin slot for the incarnon weapon, letting people choose stuff like that.

Thinking about it though...is that a huge task? It could probably be done.
The current skin slot could be preserved in its functionality as is, only changing the weapon's standard form
A second skin slot can be added to change what the incarnon form looks like.

This would mean people who want Enlightened Hate 24/7, can have it. The people who want Enlightened to be the Incarnon-form of the Hate can have that too.

It's a bit trickier than a "prime details" toggle, sure, but wouldn't that toggle function in the same way as I just described, just with less player control?

I think this idea has some potential. Thanks for prompting it, @Grave.Knight

A toggle would be nice for skins that completely change a weapon's model.

But DE needs to fix incarnons with skins that are only texture changes not keeping the skin, and I really think the new hate skin should work with the incarnon effect.

I do also really like the idea someone suggested of the incarnon mode being customizable separate form the base form.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MorozSupport said:

incarnon form range attacks litteraly was in quest. I was sure that it will work with actual incarnon form

I noticed this too, clever reuse of mechanics. I love it when developers do stuff like that :D

В 20.06.2024 в 21:54, UnderDough сказал:

Agree, personally I'm not a fan of those "iron vines" on incarnon weapons, besides it ruins skins. I wish at least on adapters we able to switch it, like with invis effect modes on warframes.

For example, the first mode is default, the second mode keeps the current skin and adds some energy aura around the weapon, and the last option to turn off everything and leave only the skin.

Am 20.6.2024 um 23:14 schrieb Zakkhar:

I use Stavika skin and it totally morphs over it. Guess Tennogen is different coded.

Stavika is Nightwave not Tennogen (and incarnon overwrites it as any other skin)

Am 20.6.2024 um 20:10 schrieb Raziel589:

What skin? There's no Tennogen for dual swords :D

That aside I really, REALLY want to use skins on any incarnon weapon since fashion is endgame!

Edited by Aadab

1 hour ago, Aadab said:
On 2024-06-20 at 11:14 PM, Zakkhar said:

I use Stavika skin and it totally morphs over it. Guess Tennogen is different coded.

Stavika is Nightwave not Tennogen (and incarnon overwrites it as any other skin)

I am not saying it is Tennogen or doesnt get overwriten (actually I clearly state it gets overwritten).

I am replying to someone who uses different Dual Ichor and their skin doesnt get overwritten.  You must have read that one (it was above mine).

He may mean the Dual Sword Lunaeus skin (unsure if its Tennogen).

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Zakkhar:

I am not saying it is Tennogen or doesnt get overwriten (actually I clearly state it gets overwritten).

I am replying to someone who uses different Dual Ichor and their skin doesnt get overwritten.  You must have read that one (it was above mine).

He may mean the Dual Sword Lunaeus skin (unsure if its Tennogen)

missunderstood your coment scusi 

• 1 month later...