The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing bullet jump and parkour from 1999 (Just an idea)

So, when watching the 1999 demo, the person playing doesn't really spam CRTL+Space and bounce off the walls and hover in the air like a helicopter every 5 seconds like most players do and it looks a lot more natural. If anything, it looks really weird when they bullet jump. Would be good to introduce Stamina or just limit movement a bit in 1999 considering you're playing as human-Proto Frames which I guess are less alien and are slightly weaker than full on infested Warframe suits. Personally, having a proto-frame bullet-jump and fly around the map seems a bit off, it'd make more sense making 1999 more boots on the ground. It'll make the mode actually stand out. Was thinking Khal bounty type movement.

Opinions?

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 7

No, Stop trying to make the game unfun, we saw how that turned out with Kahl, 1999 looks amazing and if you find that parkour is unrealistic in a world full of infested/grineer/void demon/time travelling scientist then don't use it

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

• Like 29

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

No, Stop trying to make the game unfun, we saw how that turned out with Kahl, 1999 looks amazing and if you find that parkour is unrealistic in a world full of infested/grineer/void demon/time travelling scientist then don't use it

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Your point relies on a common fallacy known as the "Non Sequitur," where the conclusion doesn't logically follow from the premises. Just because a game universe has fantastical elements like infested creatures and time travel doesn't mean that any conceivable action or ability fits within its logic. For the game's mechanics to be immersive, they need to align with the established lore. Introducing more grounded movement for human Proto Frames would enhance the depth and variety of gameplay, making the 1999 mode stand out with its unique, coherent experience. This wouldn't make the game unfun; instead, it would add to the overall richness and believability of the game world.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Not gonna happen.

I know. This is the one aspect DE actually listens to their community about.

People asking to add stalker to arsenal?

DE: "Nah, thx byeeee"

People asking for Acolyte/Stalker helmet?

DE: "Nah thx byeeee"

Some random guy on Twitter asked for universal medallions ages ago?

DE: "Yaaaaaaaa, great idea."

Edited by _Eclips3_

1 minute ago, _Eclips3_ said:

it would add to the overall richness and believability of the game world.

You're just objectively wrong here, Y'know what it would in fact achieve ? another duviri/kahl missions that NO ONE likes, another content the community hates, Warframe doesn't need to be realistic to be good and unless you have phd in proto-frame suits you can't say that parkour is impossible in them, if you don't like parkour you are FREE to not use it

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

You're just objectively wrong here, Y'know what it would in fact achieve ? another duviri/kahl missions that NO ONE likes, another content the community hates, Warframe doesn't need to be realistic to be good and unless you have phd in proto-frame suits you can't say that parkour is impossible in them, if you don't like parkour you are FREE to not use it

Your reply presumes to speak for the entire community, which is misleading. Claiming that "NO ONE likes" Duviri or Kahl missions is subjective and doesn't represent the views of all players. Many people appreciate these modes (I don't but for different reasons) for the variety and depth they bring to the game.

As for realism, my point isn't that Warframe should be entirely realistic but that consistency within its own lore enhances immersion. Whether Proto Frames are more or less powerful than Warframes, introducing distinct movement mechanics for 1999 could provide a fresh and engaging gameplay experience. This isn't about eliminating parkour but about creating a unique, coherent experience for this specific mode.

Dismissing the idea by saying "if you don't like parkour, don't use it" overlooks the potential for refining and enriching the gameplay. Constructive changes based on the game's setting can create a more engaging and immersive experience, benefiting the game as a whole.

• Like 2

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

To be fair, I was never a fan of the bullet-jump system but now that we have it, I see no reason why we shuold llmit ourselfs

I don't mean remove it from the whole game, just for Proto-frames.

• Like 1

Just now, _Eclips3_ said:

Your reply presumes to speak for the entire community, which is misleading. Claiming that "NO ONE likes" Duviri or Kahl missions is subjective and doesn't represent the views of all players. Many people appreciate these modes (I don't but for different reasons) for the variety and depth they bring to the game.

Yes because the majority of feedback on these modes isn't that they're awful and no one will play them for fun, I'd love to see the statistics on how many players play Kahl missions after it lost the shard or how many play Duviri after they got all incarnons

2 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

As for realism, my point isn't that Warframe should be entirely realistic but that consistency within its own lore enhances immersion. Whether Proto Frames are more or less powerful than Warframes, introducing distinct movement mechanics for 1999 could provide a fresh and engaging gameplay experience. This isn't about eliminating parkour but about creating a unique, coherent experience for this specific mode.

Do you have some insider information that we don't know of ? To say all these claims about proto-frames is wild when the quest hasn't come out and we've never seen them for more than 2 minutes so far

4 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Dismissing the idea by saying "if you don't like parkour, don't use it" overlooks the potential for refining and enriching the gameplay. Constructive changes based on the game's setting can create a more engaging and immersive experience, benefiting the game as a whole.

Refining and enriching the gameplay by making another dead mode that no one wants to play, bfr now ....

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Genitive said:

I don't see what purpose limiting our movement would serve.

It would just make sense. Regular Warframes are infested suits with super-human abilities. Proto-Frames, so far, seem to be more human so it wouldn't make sense having them bounce off walls like a chipmunk on cr*ck without getting tired or injured from pushing their bodies that far. They still rely on oxygen, food, water and rest I assume.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Yes because the majority of feedback on these modes isn't that they're awful and no one will play them for fun, I'd love to see the statistics on how many players play Kahl missions after it lost the shard or how many play Duviri after they got all incarnons

Do you have some insider information that we don't know of ? To say all these claims about proto-frames is wild when the quest hasn't come out and we've never seen them for more than 2 minutes so far

Refining and enriching the gameplay by making another dead mode that no one wants to play, bfr now ....

Your assertion that "the majority of feedback on these modes isn't that they're awful" doesn't account for the silent majority who may enjoy them but don't voice their opinions online. The community is diverse, and many players appreciate the variety Duviri and Kahl missions bring. Claiming to represent the entire player base without actual statistics is misleading. Until we have concrete data, it's unfair to dismiss the potential for new mechanics based on vocal minority opinions.

Regarding Proto Frames, my suggestions are based on the current understanding and depiction of these suits. We may not have complete information, but it's reasonable to speculate and discuss potential gameplay directions based on what we've seen. Constructive speculation helps developers gauge community interest and explore different design possibilities. If new information comes to light, we can adjust our expectations and discussions accordingly.

Finally, dismissing my point about enriching gameplay as creating "another dead mode" overlooks the value of innovation. Every new idea carries the risk of failure, but it also has the potential to succeed and add depth to the game. Constructive feedback and creative experimentation are helpful for improving game design. Simply rejecting new ideas stifles progress and ignores the possibility of improving the overall experience.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

So you're saying there isn't enough Dark Sector in your 1999?

Haven't played it yet, to be fair, bringing Dark Sector to the game would be pretty cool, it could be like a connection between their 2 games that bridges them together. Wouldn't mind if they delayed it till next December if they changed their mind and went with that idea instead.

41 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

So, when watching the 1999 demo, the person playing doesn't really spam CRTL+Space and bounce off the walls and hover in the air like a helicopter every 5 seconds like most players do and it looks a lot more natural. If anything, it looks really weird when they bullet jump. Would be good to introduce Stamina or just limit movement a bit in 1999 considering you're playing as human-Proto Frames which I guess are less alien and are slightly weaker than full on infested Warframe suits. Personally, having a proto-frame bullet-jump and fly around the map seems a bit off, it'd make more sense making 1999 more boots on the ground. It'll make the mode actually stand out. Was thinking Khal bounty type movement.

Opinions?

Unless DE improves the movement system and animations to be more naturally human-like and improves the way the character handles guns, to be something on the quality level of CODMWII and Ghost of Tsushima, they absolutely should not be removing bullet jumping and aim gliding.

If DE improves the movement and animations, then I'd be ok with them removing bullet jumping and aim gliding from 1999.

To be clear, I want them to improve the movement system and animations. It's long overdue.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

IMO it's too late for that. The gameplay might've been more engaging and better looking if movement and abilities were limited. But this should've been done from the beginning, not when everyone's used to what we've had for years.

I'd support adding stamina just for the flavor of it. Especially as we've regularly seen Arthur completely exhausted from what he's doing and the proto frames don't seem to be in the best of health. Even if it'd just be a cosmetic thing (like OG stamina actually was).

But removing movement options almost certainty won't happen. Just because we've already seen them being capable of it thus removing it now will cause a whole lot more backlash then if it didn't have it in the first place. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Don't see why they would be limited, they're more Warframe than human at this point so might as well do everything a frame can do

Since when do Warframes have eyes, inhale oxygen, need to eat, drink, speak, feel etc...? Guarantee they still have a human biology that will make regular Warframe parkour very tiring and potentially even harmful to the body (e.g... snapping a tendon). 

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xaero said:

The gameplay might've been more engaging and better looking if movement and abilities were limited.

Serious Cary Elwes GIF

May as well go play some other game if you prefer removing the one unique aspect Warframe has over other looter-shooters.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, trst said:

I'd support adding stamina just for the flavor of it. Especially as we've regularly seen Arthur completely exhausted from what he's doing and the proto frames don't seem to be in the best of health. Even if it'd just be a cosmetic thing (like OG stamina actually was).

But removing movement options almost certainty won't happen. Just because we've already seen them being capable of it thus removing it now will cause a whole lot more backlash then if it didn't have it in the first place. 

Yeah, they're very careful about lawsuits and backlash where it doesn't matter and show 0 care when they get backlash for something that does matter such as the double Dante nerf.

Just now, Raarsi said:

Serious Cary Elwes GIF

May as well go play some other game if you prefer removing the one unique aspect Warframe has over other looter-shooters.

I swear nobody bothers to read the post. Not the whole game, just the part where you play as a human, not a fully fledged Warframe. Same way we don't get to turn into Flubber when we play as the Drifter or Khal. 

Flubber aka Warframe parkour:

2 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I swear nobody bothers to read the post. Not the whole game, just the part where you play as a human, not a fully fledged Warframe. Same way we don't get to turn into Flubber when we play as the Drifter or Khal. 

No, I did read your post.  It's still a dumb idea, but you do you and please leave the rest of us flubberframe enjoyers out of it.

Edited by Raarsi
  • Like 9

21 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Since when do Warframes have eyes, inhale oxygen, need to eat, drink, speak, feel etc...? Guarantee they still have a human biology that will make regular Warframe parkour very tiring and potentially even harmful to the body (e.g... snapping a tendon). 

As I said , mostly Warframe not fully. And you know as much as I do on how their body works which is nothing.

Also Warframes need oxygen, that's the whole point of the survival mission, they might not need to eat but there's a reason why helminth is there on the ship it clearly takes care of the frame's biological functions.

I don't mind limited movement but in this case there's no reason to add it, they might be weaker than a regular Warframe but it doesn't excuse giving them limited movement

Edited by C11H22O1
  • Like 6