Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path starchart unlock needs a Random mission queue System

Sure you can get into a clan, sure you can ask in recruitment. I know what you guys are going to respond to this but sadly people in warframe for the most part invest their time in things they want and would get something out of. Everyone is farming for something and unless you have something to do in a certain mission, most people dont touch a mission. Ive been stuck in the NO MOD Grendel missions in Steel Path and they are BRUTAL to complete. Im just completing the starchart in steel path now as a returning player and having fun with it until now. You cant kill anything unless you use radiation and they kill each other, Using Wisp for cloaking but its not enough for a survival. What should be a power fantasy becomes an annoyance and a wall that makes me want to quit again and not spend money. What makes it even more miserable is the fact that Im doing it solo. Ive tried all the above solutions I initially stated because I know that is what people are going to say here before disparaging the idea of what Im going to propose. This is Warframe is ultimately a MULTIPLAYER game. You can solo sure, but the experience of playing with people or at least the option to have a full party of people to play with is IMPORTANT to a multiplayer game. There is 11 years in missions content and you are required to UNLOCK the STARCHART as a new player. Sometimes is content on top of content that gets forgotten and DIGITAL EXTREMES FORGET that there is NEW PLAYERS that NEED to UNLOCK THE STARCHART or returning players on STEEL PATH that need to do missions that NOBODY DOES BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON TO OR IS NOT IN ROTATION ON A MODE THAT FILLS. I do understand that STEEL PATH should be a challange and I have no problem with it. The reason I am on it is because my account is prepared for it but I think that I should have a full party if I need it for any reason and the option to do solo should continue to be an option. STEEL PATH needs a back fill random queue system with rewards unique to it and sufficient motivation to enter. Meaning, You need credits 2 or 3x per mission, double resources on the random mission you are taken to? Then there it is. I should be motivated to help others to complete the Steel Path and others should be motivated to do so. It is mindblowing to me that DE has the oversight about this. Destiny 2 does this with random mission queue and different modes. There is too many grinds and unless there is a concentration of players looking for something specific or grinding the latest content, there is not much motivation for people to give you a hand. Its kind of dumb that with these many planets and missions, there is no system in place to assist players that are unlocking the starchart in normal or steel path. Makes for a boring experience or frustrating sometimes when you have more in your plate than you can chew alone.

"If you are dying in Steel Path, you're not ready for Steel Path." SP just give out more Mastery Points and Steel Essence. Nothing else special. You already went through the entire starchart once. It shouldn't be an issue doing it a second time. Solo if needed. If it is an issue to clear SP missions go back to normal starchart. Grind for better mods. Upgrade those mods. Slot in those archon shards. 

It took me two years to clear out SP starchart. Not because I was failing the missions, I just can't find the motivation to clear them as a goal.

• Like 5

It’s not really that bad, like previously mentioned, it’s just for steel essence and mastery points(though it’s kinda broken since the stats say I only have 27 nodes done, but I have half the MR points already). Also, w why the hell are you doin the Grendel missions on steel path?

• Like 3

A system to help players clear the SP star chart already exists, though. A player doesn't have to have the node unlocked to do any of the daily incursions (and completing the incursion will unlock the node). They will cycle through almost the nodes on the steel path (only skipping junctions and open world bounties) and they have extra Steel Essence as an incentive for people to play them.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Angelforthefallen said:

Ive been stuck in the NO MOD Grendel missions in Steel Path and they are BRUTAL to complete

Why are you doing these in SP?

Also the daily incursions are 5-6 random missions on any planet that unlocks nodes, and regularly has public players.
If you're stuck in SP just swap back to normal mode, do some arbitrations and improve your builds.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

*looks confused with 22 multishot phantasma prime* 

Exita rift.

Oneshot pops the bubble. 

Dashes back jnto the rift after 2 seconds.

"NEXT"

That solves the probelm with survivability only. What about control? How do you do Corpus Interception solo on Limbo? Or Excavation? Or Ropalolyst (which laughs at your rift). Have you actually soloed whole SP on Limbo or just like to talk about it?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That solves the probelm with survivability only. What about control? How do you do Corpus Interception solo on Limbo? Or Excavation? Or Ropalolyst (which laughs at your rift). Have you actually soloed whole SP on Limbo or just like to talk about it?

Exca?? Really?? Limbo excells there! 

As for soloing the whole starchart.

No.

But 40% ish.

Yes.

Corpus interception being one of them.

Pop 4+2 on the first node you capture. Enemy pathing makes em wanna go for it. So you have their first target set.

As long there aint a nully yet. Its easy. If there is. Protect the bubble. 

For the second one. Capture and force lock a SEVAGOTH spectre.

(Try him if you havent. Hes a BEAST as a spectre)

At this point. Capture other nodes as fast as you can. Refresh your bubble. 

But it is HIGHLY doable if you go in with good weapons and a plan.

I should do ropa some day for lolz

42 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Exca?? Really?? Limbo excells there! 

As for soloing the whole starchart.

No.

But 40% ish.

Yes.

Corpus interception being one of them.

Pop 4+2 on the first node you capture. Enemy pathing makes em wanna go for it. So you have their first target set.

As long there aint a nully yet. Its easy. If there is. Protect the bubble. 

For the second one. Capture and force lock a SEVAGOTH spectre.

(Try him if you havent. Hes a BEAST as a spectre)

At this point. Capture other nodes as fast as you can. Refresh your bubble. 

But it is HIGHLY doable if you go in with good weapons and a plan.

I should do ropa some day for lolz

Try that in EDA and see how far you get. It's a game mode where you either play the hand you are dealt or you don't. Also try that same Strat on SP Circulas. That will put some hair on your chest 

1 minute ago, Pragmatic_2015 said:

Try that in EDA and see how far you get. It's a game mode where you either play the hand you are dealt or you don't. Also try that same Strat on SP Circulas. That will put some hair on your chest 

I had to use CALIBAN for eda. (That was the most opposite of fun ive had in this game)

Im DROOLING and waiting for limbo to show up.

31 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

I had to use CALIBAN for eda. (That was the most opposite of fun ive had in this game)

It's not about what you bring but how you use it in the squad as a whole.

3 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Caliban is not that bad if you build him as shield tank. Shield regen on demand is handy.

• Like 1

I don't think a random mission system is necessary. Though a mission finder would have some application but that can't fix completely dead modes. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Player244024418:

Agree. He could be very cool with some adjustments though. Too bad he is ignored

Actually, most warframes can be converted for medium tanks thanks to shards and umbra mods or hardcore shields. The problem is that too many builds hardly make sense because either the skills don't perform or the duration is too short or a lot of range is needed and so on.
Because then I can just use Inaros with 1x helmet skill and don't even need shards.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Angelforthefallen:

Sure you can get into a clan, sure you can ask in recruitment. I know what you guys are going to respond to this but sadly people in warframe for the most part invest their time in things they want and would get something out of. Everyone is farming for something and unless you have something to do in a certain mission, most people dont touch a mission. Ive been stuck in the NO MOD Grendel missions in Steel Path and they are BRUTAL to complete. Im just completing the starchart in steel path now as a returning player and having fun with it until now. You cant kill anything unless you use radiation and they kill each other, Using Wisp for cloaking but its not enough for a survival. What should be a power fantasy becomes an annoyance and a wall that makes me want to quit again and not spend money. What makes it even more miserable is the fact that Im doing it solo. Ive tried all the above solutions I initially stated because I know that is what people are going to say here before disparaging the idea of what Im going to propose. This is Warframe is ultimately a MULTIPLAYER game. You can solo sure, but the experience of playing with people or at least the option to have a full party of people to play with is IMPORTANT to a multiplayer game. There is 11 years in missions content and you are required to UNLOCK the STARCHART as a new player. Sometimes is content on top of content that gets forgotten and DIGITAL EXTREMES FORGET that there is NEW PLAYERS that NEED to UNLOCK THE STARCHART or returning players on STEEL PATH that need to do missions that NOBODY DOES BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON TO OR IS NOT IN ROTATION ON A MODE THAT FILLS. I do understand that STEEL PATH should be a challange and I have no problem with it. The reason I am on it is because my account is prepared for it but I think that I should have a full party if I need it for any reason and the option to do solo should continue to be an option. STEEL PATH needs a back fill random queue system with rewards unique to it and sufficient motivation to enter. Meaning, You need credits 2 or 3x per mission, double resources on the random mission you are taken to? Then there it is. I should be motivated to help others to complete the Steel Path and others should be motivated to do so. It is mindblowing to me that DE has the oversight about this. Destiny 2 does this with random mission queue and different modes. There is too many grinds and unless there is a concentration of players looking for something specific or grinding the latest content, there is not much motivation for people to give you a hand. Its kind of dumb that with these many planets and missions, there is no system in place to assist players that are unlocking the starchart in normal or steel path. Makes for a boring experience or frustrating sometimes when you have more in your plate than you can chew alone.

There are SP dailies. The problem will probably be a lot of SP missions that aren't playable solo for new players. Even if you build a tank, the object will go down almost instantly. So it's completely pointless. And SP is unpopular. For normal missions I find the group is instant. But for many SP missions only in prime time. Or the mission is popular.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb -ShadowRadiance-:

"Limbo"

is one of the most difficult warframes in my opinion. because limbo skills alone are not enough. here you have to do damage, external CC is advantageous and a lot of game understanding/exp.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Jedi Corellian:

I get what Angel is saying and have also found Steel Path extremely challenging, even with my currently best Warframe. It would be nice if all the nodes were already unlocked. 

For me, it wasn't "challenging" at all back then. Because back then there were no shards and too many had clown playstyle like with rolling guard. Because otherwise I would be on the ground in 1-2 seconds. So absolutely absurd.

But at the moment there are already top warframes that don't go down even with little investment in missions like sp void ani solo surv.

On 2024-07-28 at 7:12 PM, ominumi said:

"If you are dying in Steel Path, you're not ready for Steel Path." SP just give out more Mastery Points and Steel Essence. Nothing else special. You already went through the entire starchart once. It shouldn't be an issue doing it a second time. Solo if needed. If it is an issue to clear SP missions go back to normal starchart. Grind for better mods. Upgrade those mods. Slot in those archon shards. 

It took me two years to clear out SP starchart. Not because I was failing the missions, I just can't find the motivation to clear them as a goal.

You are exactly the guy I was talking about. Probably not even worth it explaining what I mean.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Jedi Corellian said:

I get what Angel is saying and have also found Steel Path extremely challenging, even with my currently best Warframe. It would be nice if all the nodes were already unlocked. 

What Im saying is pretty clear. I have no problem in certain missions where solo can be done. I clearly want the challange. The game is a MULTIPLAYER game. People here just want to say the same BS the first guys that commented said. If you are dying you are not prepared. Brah... XD The game is designed to have 4 people in a mission. Sure there is good frames but what I am saying is that there is no way to FILL missions and no reason for anybody to help. There is people sure but minimal motivation to help others. Everybody is grinding something and once some content is not popular, sadly it thrown to the side and forgotten. I think thats a bad thing that DE hasnt adressed. The game being designed for 4 people have a density that you cant just kill or get rid of fast enough without them respawning again like capturing points, Some defenses. This is not easy warframe anymore and a lot of mechanics that protect your enemy from your CCs. Ive played this game for 6 years. I do have everything I could possibly want. The guy over there apparently doesnt read. XD I believe That there should be a queue to back fill missions and people who decide to do that should be rewarded. Exept purist that believe everybody else should go through the pain they went through exactly as they did because if we dont then it invalidates their effort. Im asking for QOL that other games have and this game also has. Sortie matchmakes, Archon hunt matchmakes. Thats basically it. A backfill for missions. 

On 2024-07-28 at 5:20 PM, Angelforthefallen said:

Why do you need to complete steel path, and why do we need a random mission thing other than the incursions?

The whole point of steel path is that it's a step up. I don't really want to go into a random mission and end up in the polar opposite build of what would be good for that mission.

Being unable to do a mission in steel path just denies you extra loot for that one mission. You can farm steel essences on earth, along with any arcanes you want. But ultimately, steel path is not a needed game mode. There's no missions that send you there, and the things you get from steel path are only really needed for... well, steel path. It's epeen pure and simple.

To be honest, this feels like you're more angry that you can't get a single mission done. Not judging, we've all been there, but random mission selection ain't the way to solve that.

• Like 3