The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a game held back by how easy it is

Kaiga

il y a 9 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

Yes...

Show me where I've demanded things, but refused to give anything in return...

I can show you doing this very often...

Why would I give you anything ? You took 30 days to use Kuci's list of endgame, and couldn't even give us any proof you did it.

I gave you screenshot of my endgame in 5mn when asked.

Why should I bother with your demands and lies ?

• Like 1

il y a 19 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

... You're the bad guy, man...

I'm the bad guy to you.
You are the bad guy to everyone else.
I'm just the only one standing up to you and your non-sense. Everybody else gave up and left because you are a lost cause and a waste of time.

• Like 1

il y a 50 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

You're WAY BEHIND on your tab. You owe us a LOT

Let's talk about the Cosmetic grind. You know you can click on a button "Hide Owned" in every shop ? This is what it feels like :

SG3iPAt.png

m0eS7u3.png

(They may look the same, but those are two different shops)

rkznQ6b.png

HcGvGa8.png

No Hide Owned button in this one :

0lvbcvu.png

j5gwQZF.png

woGjPBe.png

Do you really want me to keep going ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Simple, as I've said over and over and over again: because you think it's cool. And if you don't think it's cool, then worst case it'd be the exact same Mastery grind that already drives players now. Do I need to repeat this again for you?

But i dont know if its cool since i dont have it. Mastery grind looses value once you get to MR16 and unlock everything. I know pretty well what made me want to grind. I grinded that rep to get Vaykor Hek, i wanted better weapon, I grinded MR to unlock primes and weapons. Why would i waste weeks to grind for something im not sure i will like if its not even better? Your justification is just stupid. If you dont have something you have no way of telling if its cool or not.

Not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it's certainly up there.

Dude you think k-drive was added to be efficient? We already had archwing that is vastly superior to it. It was added because it was cool. Some goofy things to play around give games depth. You may not like it but thats how it is. Some things are just made for fun, nothing more.

And we'll get more.

But it wont be what you want.

What drives you now?

Collecting. What is now is now, but it wasnt the case when i started. Unlocking stronger things was my drive.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

Le 03/09/2024 à 19:04, 4thBro a dit :

When I'm not on mobile, I'll make a post breaking down each person's posting summary in here.

In it, I will analyze how often people actually address questions, bring up points, or use fallacies. I will have a tallying score system. And I will have an explanation for every single tally.

(How well do you think YOU'LL do?😄)

Still waiting for empty threat to come true. Was it another lie ?

Il y a 8 heures, 4thBro a dit :

.Oh. It is easy to find. You can rest assured.

When I feel like quoting about 72 posts, I'll go do that. It IS on my To Do List.

Consider it pending. I have not forgotten. And we both know I'm stubborn enough to do it. And, as always, I expect my time and effort to be totally wasted as you end up nitpicking maybe 2 or 3 words found on the side of the webpage somewhere, and you will go on a redirection spree with it.

Still waiting for empty threat to come true. Was it another lie ?

il y a une heure, 4thBro a dit :

Hell. Do you know what I'm doing right now???

I just got out of the shower.

But now I'm about to do my EDA.

And upload it.

JUST FOR YOU.

I literally CANNOT POSSIBLY IMAGINE you putting in the same effort because of anything I've said or asked of you.

Still waiting for another empty proof. Was it another lie ? 1 hour to do EDA... is he failing over and over ?

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 1

HiyOLY8.png

How is this my life right now?

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Do you really want me to keep going ?

No.

Nobody cares about your empty shops.

Nobody thinks higher of you for it.

And all it tells me is that you got bored and decided to take on a long & tedious task to feel a sense of accomplishment.

Showing me your collection of ear wax dolls only solidifies the fact that there's nothing to do.

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, 4thBro a dit :

No.
Nobody cares about your empty shops.
Nobody thinks higher of you for it.
And all it tells me is that you got bored and decided to take on a long & tedious task to feel a sense of accomplishment.
Showing me your collection of ear wax dolls only solidifies the fact that there's nothing to do.

Says the guy that can't play Warframe. You can leave now. Bye.

• Like 1

8小时前 , Voltage 说:

Because the damage of a K-Drive is irrelevant if that's not what it's used for. That's like comparing a gun to an apple because you can throw the apple at someone's head. ????

Please noted that you are talking to someone who argue a long range status pistol with innate corrosive AoE (Kuva Seer) is objectively worse compared with a close quarter secondary crit based shotgun with extreme damage falloff (Kuva Brakk). Anyone who understands a tiny bit of shooter games (not just Warframe. I am talking about any shooter games) won't even make that comparison, and here we are.

K-Drive. Soul Punch. Kuva Seer vs Brakk. None of them really matters. It was simply someone trying to sell his personal preference with some arbitrary on-the-fly benchmark on arsenal and package it with overly complicated rhetoric (with some clip A clip B and stat squish and something) as known as "this boring game needs a complete overhaul to make things fun", while totally unaware of the fact that, actually, this game is already fun enough for most people.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Please noted that you are talking to someone who argue a long range status pistol with innate corrosive AoE (Kuva Seer) is objectively worse compared with a close quarter secondary crit based shotgun with extreme damage falloff (Kuva Brakk). Anyone who understands a tiny bit of shooter games (not just Warframe. I am talking about any shooter games) won't even make that comparison, and here we are.

And this is where you'd be wrong to clump WF into having the same fundamentals as other shooters.

In Counterstrike, an Awp and an Ak47 are a bit different, but yet also very similar. In truth, both can 1-shot a foe from any range. The Awp, however, makes this much easier at long ranges due to the scope, while the Ak47 takes a higher skill of execution to perform the same task. Meanwhile, at closer ranges, both can still 1-shot their foe, but the Ak47 will have an easier time at that range because the Awp requires you to either quick scope first, or to have a well placed no-scope shot.

However, the Ak47 can take out multiple threats quicker than the Awp, in situations where you are overran. Ultimately, the community deems the Ak47 the best weapon in the game, even for long range situations. However, no human is immune to the pressures of performing, and so the Awp is still widely used for the easier execution at longer ranges.

... ... ... But this is Warframe.

We don't care about ranges. And we are always being overran.

We find the weapon that obliterates the most things. After that, we make it happen. We get into the required range to do it. We aren't picking weapons based on tactical angles or keeping foes at bay. We pick our weapons based on death & destruction. So this whole entire spiel about "long range pistol this" and "close quarters shotgun that"... it's entirely inconsequential.

This is Warframe, not Duelframe.

But back on topic.

21 hours ago, 4thBro said:

I've attempted this already, but I'm going to attempt it again with you, and not with other people. (So if they post "on your behalf," it does not count. I would like to hear from you specifically.)

The summary of this entire thread is the following:

• Party A wants to add something to the game. They have made a point that they would like it added in a way that does not interfere with those that don't want to play it, as for example, its rewards are not required (or its rewards are easily accessed in early rotations, while more difficult rotations are merely for those that want a challenge).
  • Party B does not care about the first point, and simply does not want something challenging to be in the game, even if it does not get in their way.

Me and you? We're going to have a discussion, if you choose to participate in it. I tried resetting the thread on page... whatever the f---, but nobody cared about the original topic enough to break away from their off-topic garbage discussion. Let's see if you do.

You, specifically.

What do you say in response to what I feel the summary is? Do you feel it's accurate? If not, how isn't it?

What would you like to add?

Let's see if WE - you and I - can have a discussion about this. If you want to claim that I'm off-topic and you are not. Let's see if that's true. Me and you.

@RichardKam

6 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Says the guy that can't play Warframe. You can leave now. Bye.

By the way, I solo'd EDA and uploaded it to YT.

Care to have a wager?

Each week, we both solo EDA and upload the uncut video. First one that doesn't finish the week's EDA loses.

Only 34 Research Points needed. I have zero interest in the Vosfor reward at 37. Besides, I think it's healthier game design to have 1 flex slot anyway, wouldn't you agree? Especially with these Mobile Defense troll missions.

So what do you say? Are you... ... ... up for the challenge, Warframe Master?

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

You completely ignored what I said about Verglas having the stats of base Glaxion. In isolation the weapon doesn't have impressive stats. It's by comparison that it ends up worth using by a substantial margin. The bar being "able to kill something on its own" as you said is where your whole comment falls apart and proves my point.

I don't think its base stats matter? It's able to perform a function which has value. You do not need to compare it to anything to see with your own eyes that it is in fact able to do something useful. You can evaluate its use without knowing what its stats are, what the mods involved are, or what other Sentinel weapons can do. Things can be valuable and desirable and useful and good without having a comparison to something else.

Was Carrier's Vacuum only good because Wyrm's Crowd Dispersion was not? No. Being able to suck up all the items around you is good simply because it is good. Were Vulpaphyla being immortal only good because Predasites don't do a whole lot? No. Never losing your pet or their effects was good simply because it was good. Is Charm only good because Proboscis isn't a useful effect? No. Doubling your loot and all the other buffs is good simply because it is good. No comparisons are needed to determine that something is good.

Likewise, you don't need anything to compare to in order to tell that the Chesa Kubrow Neutralize mod is simply too situational to be useful. You don't need another Warframe to compare to in order to tell that Banshee's Sound Quake can't effectively kill anything but the lowest level enemies while also rooting you in place and draining your energy. Again, no comparisons needed to tell that something is bad.

That is my point: the idea you've presented that "things can only be good if there is something bad to compare them to" is untrue. Things can be intrinsically good (or bad) all on their own. You do not need to make some comparison to see the value of something. So even if something were made more good, that doesn't make some other thing more bad. It just makes them both good.

Because the damage of a K-Drive is irrelevant if that's not what it's used for.

Yet they have damage-dealing mods whose only purpose is to deal damage. What do you suppose those damage mods are for if not to deal damage? You say that "Warframe's strength in mechanical diversity is something you can already employ with all the power we've amassed over the years"... but not for damage-dealing K-Drive mods? Because "that's not what it's used for"?

There are so many other mechanics which - despite what you say - you cannot employ simply because of how intrinsically useless they are. Stolen Dargyns, mounted turrets, stolen Crewships in Railjack, environmental hazards, damage-dealing Archwing abilities, just for a few. There's also the giant pile of weapons with unique mechanics and effects which cannot keep up and are left behind.

There were also many things which you couldn't employ but now can employ because of active intervention from the developers. There have been many Warframes over the years which were not useful who then got reworked. Wukong is a great example, who was once borderline useless but is now one of the most popular in the game. A lot of status effects didn't do anything useful. And what has DE been buffing recently with status updates and new status mechanics? DE is part-way through another balance pass on companions so that more of them are valuable.

There's not even any significance in that quote. They've been saying that since the day they removed Trials and players asked them about it. We've also gotten years of concrete evidence in the opposite direction that the status quo is not "challenging end-game content", whatever that's supposed to mean.

I think there's a lot of significance in that quote! There's also significance in the many other quotes where DE says the same things about challenge and difficulty and balance over and over and over again. There's significance that they've been saying these things for a decade straight. There's significance in the official surveys which mirror this preference from actual players. There's significance in DE adding content to meet that preference like Sorties and Trials and Arbitrations and SP and the Circuit and Netracells and EDA. There's significance in DE constantly adding mechanics like proc immunity, damage attenuation, gear RNG, forced gear usage, and taking away our characters to give us all the same things like they will be doing again for parts of '99. There's significance in DE adding things like Rivens and Augments and Incarnon Adapters that all exist to buff bad things and make them good. There's significance in DE constantly reworking frames and companions and damage types and mechanics so none of them are bad. There's significance in all of this.

We want there to be lots of options instead of one ‘perfect’ option.

If one category of weapons outclasses all the others, or makes them feel redundant, then we as developers want to step in to make sure choice exists for the sake of fun.

... the degree of dominance (about 3 times more popular than anything else) is not something we feel is good for the primary weapon Arsenal options.

Having this bonus apply to the AoE instance felt dangerously close to a myopic choice concerning powering up player Arsenals that simply do not need it. This mod never worked on AoE, and the description now explains that to avoid confusion. We understand those seeking a different outcome will disagree with this choice, but ultimately we are not willing to further bolster AoE at this time. This is due to the increasing difficulty in creating content that serves to challenge the Tenno.   

When people talk about “I’m bored of Warframe” typically it’s because it’s gotten too easy for them.

Our goal is to reduce the discrepancy between Grineer and Corpus time-to-kill (TTK)

Etc.

They're saying their goals out loud, if you'll take the time to actually listen.

And what you've identified here:

but there are several more foundational changes that are clearly designed for the larger target audience of the game that generally despises the wish from that minority of players for vague "challenging end game content"

... isn't untrue! I agree with your observation. Well, except for the "minority" part - by all official sources challenge is the majority preference. Either way, DE has made many foundational changes that have made the game easier that seem to conflict with having a challenge.

But there is no contradiction.

The "foundational changes" that have amped up player power over the last few years is simply DE's approach to solving the same issues both of us have been talking about. Instead of squishing down with nerfs, they prefer to squish up with buffs. They buff weak guns with Incarnons and augments and variants, they buff and rework weak frames, they buff weak status effects, they buff weak pets, they make Armor and Shields scale more consistently to a lower value, they've made powerful effects like Arcanes and Shards more accessible, etc. And they only ever nerf if they really have to, and in those cases they seem to prefer doing it through opaque mechanics like damage attenuation and gear RNG that hide their purpose. And then they put in content like EDA that starts at lvl400 masked by gear RNG to try and add the challenge they know people want.

And while I think DE's approach to balance via buffs is a losing battle that still ignores large swathes of the game's interesting mechanics, for me and the gear I prefer DE's actually getting pretty close to the ideals I (and they) talk about! I'm using more frames than I did before, I'm using more weapons than I did before, I'm using a more diverse range of builds and damage types than I did before, and I'm enjoying myself more than I have in a long time. And every indication is that this will continue. So forgive me for not feeling defeated when I'm getting the results I want and more.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kuciol said:

But i dont know if its cool since i dont have it.

Uh, you can just look at it? Does it look cool? Does it sound cool? Does the description interest you?

I don't own a Polestar but I can still tell that I think they're cool cars. C'mon.

Why would i waste weeks to grind for something im not sure i will like if its not even better?

I mean, you tell me? Why do you waste your time now to grind for something you're not sure you're like if it's not even better? You say it's "collecting", so what's it matter if you collect good things instead of bad things? Is it more enjoyable to you to collect bad things?

Dude you think k-drive was added to be efficient? We already had archwing that is vastly superior to it. It was added because it was cool. Some goofy things to play around give games depth. You may not like it but thats how it is. Some things are just made for fun, nothing more.

They weren't just added "because it was cool", maybe you don't remember but originally K-Drives were going to be the only way to travel on the Vallis. Steve's plan was to have your Archwing disabled by the environment. People didn't like that so all of DE's work on K-Drives went to S#&$ because Archwings made them obsolete before they were even released.

And even if that wasn't the case, I find the idea of a game developer spending untold funding to make all the animations for tricks, all the textures and models for parts and the extra cosmetics they sell for plat, all the voice lines and models and setup and set design for a whole faction centered on that activity, for figuring out the board physics, for either doing the manual markup some poor sod had to do to tediously place every grindable rail in Cetus and Fortuna and Deimos or for whatever voodoo magic they've done to make this system dynamic, for all the mods that go with them, and for all the particle effects and setup for those mods, for a whole racing system with leaderboards, and for a K-Drive themed Warframe and quest and comic book, for spending money on all of this stuff.... just "for the meme"? That's a pretty expensive meme, isn't it?

• Like 1

Uh, you can just look at it? Does it look cool? Does it sound cool? Does the description interest you?

I don't own a Polestar but I can still tell that I think they're cool cars. C'mon.

Description hardly ever gives any idea how the weapon will play. It doesnt matter how it looks or sound, it matters how it feels. You can always use skins for looks, they are irrelevant. You wont know if you like something without using it.

I mean, you tell me? Why do you waste your time now to grind for something you're not sure you're like if it's not even better? You say it's "collecting", so what's it matter if you collect good things instead of bad things? Is it more enjoyable to you to collect bad things?

I just progressed beyond my desire to get better gear but i still go for the "new op" first. I dont have most of tenet weapons but i farmed for tenet glaxion first for example. Warframe is now a chill out game for me. I jump in for a bit, farm some stuff, get some mastery etc. If i had more time to play i would move on to Path of Exile or GW2, i still didnt touch Elden Ring DLC. Im just at a point i no longer care if what i farm is good or not but as i said it wasnt the case when i started playing.

And even if that wasn't the case, I find the idea of a game developer spending untold funding to make all the animations for tricks, all the textures and models for parts and the extra cosmetics they sell for plat, all the voice lines and models and setup and set design for a whole faction centered on that activity, for figuring out the board physics, for either doing the manual markup some poor sod had to do to tediously place every grindable rail in Cetus and Fortuna and Deimos or for whatever voodoo magic they've done to make this system dynamic, for all the mods that go with them, and for all the particle effects and setup for those mods, for a whole racing system with leaderboards, and for a K-Drive themed Warframe and quest and comic book, for spending money on all of this stuff.... just "for the meme"? That's a pretty expensive meme, isn't it?

Doesnt matter what you think but the intent was clear. All the tricks are not needed at all but they made them anyway because they are cool. They made Shazwin, they made personal quarters in orbiter that you can decorate, they made fkn fluffs and domestic drones and many more things that are just there to give some flavour to the game. They are pointless and yet they are here. Just for fun. 

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 2

So...

Dwarf declines my challenge, proving that it is, in fact, he himself that is unable to complete WF's endgame.

8ltL3zD.png

On 2024-09-08 at 3:44 AM, dwqrf said:

You can claim you are a good player and reached the endgame, but it's quite obvious you are a stuck noob that can't accept the reality he is in and would rather make himself believe he is good, suffocating in his self-fart-inflated ego.

And Richard refuses to participate in the most on-topic discussion this thread has had in the entirety of its 51 pages.

Hj1B88b.png

On 2024-09-07 at 11:29 PM, RichardKam said:

This topic is about Warframe difficulty and "endgame" concept (whatever that is), and 99% of your posts (no need to check, it is figurative) are off-topic, trolling, or both (no need to search wiki for fallacy, it is my personal subjective opinion about you).

They're cooked.

I'm out.

rMXogpE.png

• Like 2

Le 08/09/2024 à 18:22, 4thBro a dit :

You have a duty to prove the things that you claim. We are ALL trying to do this but you. WHEN does the evidence come in???

Le 08/09/2024 à 09:40, dwqrf a dit :

I give you a day to defend your case (prove us you play Warframe's Endgame), before I consider you the biggest pile of s--t the world has ever seen.

It has been 48 hours now.

Not only was 4thbro trashing this post and others during this time, in spite, but he couldn't even answer a simple question asked directly to him over a period of 30 days time. He couldn't provide us any proof or any evidence, that he knows and play any, or at least one, of many Warframe's Endgames, even when repeatedly asked for it ; while he claims (and surely even believes) he plays this kind of content. His opinion on the matter can now only be considered null and void.

rejected-stamp.gif

Considering this, it is now obvious that he his just a pathological liar, highly narcissitic, in total denial, and that any further comment here, or anywhere, shall be dismissed as shallow attemps to instigate conflict, create discord, or beg for attention ; while playing both the victim and the agressor.

I wish you all Tennos a good adventure.

And I hope you didn't get allergic to pop-corn with that seamingly endless roller coaster.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Finally. Good riddance.

I've been on this forum for awhile.

I've seen some petty moments and some cringe moments. But I've never seen something as cringe as someone putting X's on people's avatar images and a literal "mic drop" picture in celebration of themselves. 

It's like watching somebody clap for themselves after telling a joke they're the only one who thought was funny.

• Like 5

2小时前 , (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA 说:

I've been on this forum for awhile.

I've seen some petty moments and some cringe moments. But I've never seen something as cringe as someone putting X's on people's avatar images and a literal "mic drop" picture in celebration of themselves. 

It's like watching somebody clap for themselves after telling a joke they're the only one who thought was funny.

That's how he single-handedly derailed the entire (mostly civil) discussion into basically a mud fight, which was unfortunate because some of the points being raised by many users were quite insightful but they were buried by a huge pile of nothing.

For one, I never thought about the codex entry as a kind of challenge and now that I seriously think about it, some of the very knowledgeable and experienced content creators their codex was not even half completed.

• Like 3

So... What's even the point in responding to these bait posts? You know the reality of the situation. You're just putting on a show.

And make no mistake. It is indeed a show.

Addressing Richard:

You claimed that I derailed the thread, and that most of my posts are off-topic.

So what did I do? I tried to regain focus on the main topic. I directly addressed you, and sought a conversation with you about the main topic.

You directly ignored it, while responding to other things, and still attacking me for being off-topic.

Would you like to explain this hypocrisy? You don't get to tell me I'm off-topic while also ignoring my attempt at getting back to the main topic. Doing this solidifies your disingenuous intentions with this thread. It doesn't matter how much you kick & scream, and give sly little remarks.

At the end of the day... YOU refused to get back to the main topic with me. I tried. And you refused.

No sly remarks can undo that.

But feel free to change your mind at any point! Feel free to get back to the main topic with me!

On 2024-09-07 at 11:47 PM, 4thBro said:

I've attempted this already, but I'm going to attempt it again with you, and not with other people. (So if they post "on your behalf," it does not count. I would like to hear from you specifically.)

The summary of this entire thread is the following:

• Party A wants to add something to the game. They have made a point that they would like it added in a way that does not interfere with those that don't want to play it, as for example, its rewards are not required (or its rewards are easily accessed in early rotations, while more difficult rotations are merely for those that want a challenge).
  • Party B does not care about the first point, and simply does not want something challenging to be in the game, even if it does not get in their way.

Me and you? We're going to have a discussion, if you choose to participate in it. I tried resetting the thread on page... whatever the f---, but nobody cared about the original topic enough to break away from their off-topic garbage discussion. Let's see if you do.

You, specifically.

What do you say in response to what I feel the summary is? Do you feel it's accurate? If not, how isn't it?

What would you like to add?

Let's see if WE - you and I - can have a discussion about this. If you want to claim that I'm off-topic and you are not. Let's see if that's true. Me and you.

Addressing Dwqrf:

You challenged my ability to perform WF's endgame.

I did my part. I uploaded it to YT.

Before I share it with a crowd that's just going to nitpick random things and then refuse to even show me anything in return, I asked you a question. I know you remember, because you quoted the post already and ignored the question entirely.

ZsezCDU.png

uVVddLl.png

Remember these posts? Remember being weird and addressing me twice in two back-to-back posts?

Yeah.

Well, here's the rest of that post you quoted, just in case you have legitimate amnesia.

On 2024-09-08 at 9:56 PM, 4thBro said:

Care to have a wager?

Each week, we both solo EDA and upload the uncut video. First one that doesn't finish the week's EDA loses.

Only 34 Research Points needed. I have zero interest in the Vosfor reward at 37. Besides, I think it's healthier game design to have 1 flex slot anyway, wouldn't you agree? Especially with these Mobile Defense troll missions.

So what do you say? Are you... ... ... up for the challenge, Warframe Master?

I'm still waiting on a response. Are you up for bet? Or do you decline?

Hilarious little tumbleweed gif, but the ironic part is that's the reaction to us waiting on you to accept or decline the bet.

You can sit there and call my mic drop post "cringe," sure. Be dismissive of good points, as always. It's been your strategy for this entire thread. Why would you stop now, of all times?

But the reality is that Richard directly refused to have an on-topic discussion.

And Dwqrf directly declined a competition between the two of us on who is more capable of clearing WF's endgame content.

And, as a reminder, BOTH of these people called ME out on their respective challenges. They just stepped back into the shadows when I stepped up to the plate. Because that's their entire shtick. Throw stones from a safe distance, then run & hide from the judge & the jury when it's time to be held accountable.

Just observe their incoming posts.

Dwqrf will redirect attention to some irrelevant nonsense, but will under NO CIRCUMSTANCES accept the EDA challenge.

And Richard will completely ignore this post entirely, burying his head in the sand where it's safe.

I predicted it right in front of their faces, and they're still going to do exactly this. Isn't that crazy??? I won't even edit this post. (I hope there's no annoying typos in it.)

This post is entirely redundant. There's a reason it was a mic drop with X'd out portraits.

• Like 1