Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia & Prime - What other players hear and intrusive?

Hi Guys!

I like playing Octavia, and have both. Ive never been in a squad with her as another team member.

I was wondering the other day what other people hear when she uses her sound abilities. Since some of her abilities boost and others need to "dance" to it to get the buffs so other players must hear something. I was wondering if it gets obnoxious for other players, and if I can turn it down on my side if its intrusive. Ive had whole squads leave after I joined, and others ran 30 waves. I cant say that any of those runs were easy despite Octavias reputation for being a over powered game killer. I died multiple time in those battles.

Anyway, thanks for reading and let me know your opinion on her sound ability and if I can turn it down on my side if intrusive.

THX!!

There's an option to turn off the music from people in your squad, if anyone is bothered by the music they can turn it off so don't worry if you feel like your music is bothering others.

Personally I always have it off, don't really like it.

• Like 3

They hear exact same thing as you hear as player. If they are close to the source of the music.

6 minutes ago, THeGAME-101 said:

I was wondering if it gets obnoxious for other players

Depends on the tune, but yeah it can.

6 minutes ago, THeGAME-101 said:

and if I can turn it down on my side if its intrusive

You can lower the general volume in Mandachord.

7 minutes ago, THeGAME-101 said:

Ive had whole squads leave after I joined, and others ran 30 waves.

Maybe they wanted to leave at this spot and you joining had nothign to do with it.

7 minutes ago, THeGAME-101 said:

I died multiple time in those battles.

You can die on Octavia? How?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Pretty sure nearing 30 waves of anything, I'd expect nearly any frame to.

If it's any consolation OP, the last time I played my Octavia, someone in the group said after I dropped my abilities that I "woke up and chose violence today".

There is a reason why Octavia has her own accessibility setting. I play on mute so the sound doesn't matter to me.

I don't play Octavia or much of having a squad in it but can still give some general thoughts:

The DPS buffs are hardly noticeable to me. The crouch-spam is a recognized thing that people can take advantage of so I notice it at times due to my own bullet jump. I don't personally use it but its there.

Yeah watch out for the fire eximus aura that'll kill any invis-based strats. Luckily they dodge the new Jade beams.

You can play a lot of frames, even ones with a notorious reputation, effectively and not be intrusive to other players.

Edited by Numerounius

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Steel path.

Overguard I think nuffilies effect of her abilities.

I actually got compliment from another player for my music. They said "not gonna lie you mandachord slaps".

But yeah like said above there's option to turn ally octavia volume down so if anyone is bothered they can do that.

Edited by (PSN)IdoThea

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:
5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Pretty sure nearing 30 waves of anything, I'd expect nearly any frame to.

30 waves of anything is a joke, it is not even full double rotation. Octavia has two abilities that break the AI of enemies (draw aggro) and 1 ability that makes her permamently invisible. Unless you stand in fire (or gas cloud) I really see no option to die (I run no shield, no hp boosters on Octavia). People run 9999 lvl on various frames and do not die.

3 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:
5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Steel path.

Overguard I think nuffilies effect of her abilities.

Overguard doesnt nullify any of her abilities + it drops imidiately due to constant pulses of damage.

9 hours ago, THeGAME-101 said:

if I can turn it down on my side if its intrusive.

You can turn down the volume of each part of the track while customising the tune in your mandachord. It'll completely mute the corresponding ability's post-cast audio without impacting its effectiveness.

I've used this to create a "Silent Noise" track which is just spamming out notes constantly, but with the volume lowered to zero so I'm not subjecting anyone to the ensuing ear poison.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb THeGAME-101:

Hi Guys!

I like playing Octavia, and have both. Ive never been in a squad with her as another team member.

I was wondering the other day what other people hear when she uses her sound abilities. Since some of her abilities boost and others need to "dance" to it to get the buffs so other players must hear something. I was wondering if it gets obnoxious for other players, and if I can turn it down on my side if its intrusive. Ive had whole squads leave after I joined, and others ran 30 waves. I cant say that any of those runs were easy despite Octavias reputation for being a over powered game killer. I died multiple time in those battles.

Anyway, thanks for reading and let me know your opinion on her sound ability and if I can turn it down on my side if intrusive.

THX!!

I completely switched it off for my own ball and for others in options. I don't like bad music at all.

Subjectivity is a dance itself.

One person's treasure is another's compost pile.

As a Octavia frequenter (not quite a main.) I have all sound channels.)) I enjoy crafting songs. I like the challenge of coming up with a new tune in a very limited system. There seems to be three types of Octavia players:

Minimal: probably owns only the default sound channel. They may or may not use the default song. A lot of first time Octavia players seem to appear on the Node: Helene / Saturn. 

Invested Creative: might own 3 or more channels. Usually has a higher grade on aesthetics. Might actually "Perform" a song by mixing the sound channels in a distinctive way. (Not just spamming all abilities at once.)  

Muted Buffer: Has only the default tune, mutes all channels, and spams all notes. (What has been called "Uncle Phil" (At least in the past.))

"Obnoxious" usually is associated with extreme HIGH repetition within a single mandacord loop.

Hints / Suggestions: purchase at least 2 other sound channels (50p each.) I had the best success with the channels: Alpha, Beta & Horos.

For some, there just is no good tune possible. (They usually mute Mandacord volume in the UI options.) 

But I've seen the flipside also, Players having a good time, sticking around longer than 10 waves, complementing your tune, asking for your tune etc.

Personally for me, Hearing a good tune from another player is about 1 in 20. Not a great ratio. When a great one comes along though, it really brightens my time playing. 

Edited by PrideB4TheFall